Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameplay Exclusive (Part 1 of 2) - Dark and Light Videos - MMORPG.com

Comments

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,250
    60-100 per server?!?! I was under the impression they were aiming for 1,000 and even then I was hoping it would get increased eventually. All the potential for a decent large-scale rvr survival rpg non-mmo thingy, yet with that server capacity nothing more than small scale skirmishing will be possible.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Funny how they call games like this Sandbox MMORPG. If a server can only hold 64 - 128 players, it is not an MMORPG...won't be playing another survival game.
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I enjoy diversity in mmo's .. i wish them good luck whit the game , will most likely play it on release or maybe a key.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Maybe we should start calling these games "Mini-MMOs". MMMO. :P
    @BillMurphy - I actually think a lower-case "M" would be a nice fit over an extra one.

= mMO
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,836
    I call them as i see them,and mini mmo's does not come to mind.
    There is no way this is a passionate game design,this is a cash grab,another in the very long line of easy to make survival games.
    I know everyone does not have the same or expect the same high standards but to me this is just very ho hum.

Player creation is "super FUN" seriously?This is only cosmetic and characterization is a big part of a game to me and visual is the least of my concern because we all know we get covered up with gear.Sp the team literally put no effort into characterization.

It also seems quite apparent there is no races ..yet ,this game really looks like very few people are working on it and very little work has been done so far.What the heck happened to the original DnL game that was released?

"Apparently"" keyword,sounds like lots of maybe could be should be but not yet .Doors,i did not see a normal WORKING door,i saw a static door.
    They also managed to completely ruin all immersion,everything is hand holding even the crafting tells you what you need instead of discovery.

This reminds me exactly of H1Z1 only does not even have a game mod "deathmatch"just two servers,build a wood hut or go play pvp,neither one looks exciting.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,836
    I would bet part two is much better,how could it not be?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,948
    Distopia said:
    I think the smaller player count works just fine for games like this, game-play and world interaction is what matters. 
    It could but the way they describe some of the mechanics and design it is like they're developing them for an mmo, but servers are mmo-lite.

If you need massive groups to raid cool world mobs and you don't have a server pop for it then they're working against each other (smaller server pop with big server mechanics). Or 3 faction pvp on a small server doesn't make much sense either.

In Conan by comparison, since it's coming along at the same time, it seems Funcom has put some serious thought into mechanics and systems and how they scale to servers along with extensive admin and modding tools.

Not much with this game seems well thought out. They were going to have a 40 sq km world and an mmo, then not. I get the impression they scaled back for performance and maybe some better cohesion, but didn't rescope the entire game to fit that downscaling. Spidey sense is tingling a bit. 
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,857
    edited January 2017
    Holy crap, this looks awful. I mean, I went in with VERY low expectations, and yet I was still disappointed. 

Currently playing: Destiny 2, Apex Legends and MTG: Arena

==============================================================

Played: AA, AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, BDO, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, EVE, EQ1, EQ2, ESO, Fallen Earth, FFXI, FFXIV, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MxO, Neverwinter, Rift, RoE, Ryzom, Shadowbane, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...and a bunch of others not worth mentioning.

===============================================================

Joined - July 2004

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    edited January 2017
    1. I look at this game more like a return of Neverwinter Nights Persistent worlds
    2. I think this is great for the pve only crowd, you all have been crying about a pve only sandbox for years
    3. I also think this is going to be great for roleplayers to have their own servers. I'd rather be on a server with sixty - 100 active and dedicated rpers than a server of thousands who don't rp at all
    4. This can be the new "Tales From the Desert" but with a fantasy tinge if you are on a pve only server. I find nothing wrong with that. Or a less shitty Wurm. I find nothing wrong with that either.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,894
    The map is disappointingly small for a game where players are expected to build structures.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    anemo said:
    The map is disappointingly small for a game where players are expected to build structures.

Did they show or tell how big it was. I may have missed that info.
  • MaricMaric Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Conan Exiles looks much much better. Not impressed but will withhold judgement until I see Pt.2
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,705
    I was expecting an MMO, now I have no future prospects for this genre. I find myself caring less and less about ever going back to playing these games. By the time they possibly release something I could be interested in, I'll have long since moved on from online gaming altogether.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,268
    Seeing as they are saying that it will take between 30-50 people to down one of those big monsters or get it to a state where it can be tamable, my ideal number for something like this is around 500. You also have to factor in that there are 3 factions in the game which makes that 100 way too low, so 500 would be fair enough to add just enough competition and hopefully find good people in that amount, since you supposedly are full-lootable when you die in either server type, so you will definitely run into trolls that will just let you die or try to kill you with mobs etc.
  • blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Wow, More than a decade and they remake this piece of crap..
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,874
    Albatroes said:
    Seeing as they are saying that it will take between 30-50 people to down one of those big monsters or get it to a state where it can be tamable, my ideal number for something like this is around 500. You also have to factor in that there are 3 factions in the game which makes that 100 way too low, so 500 would be fair enough to add just enough competition and hopefully find good people in that amount, since you supposedly are full-lootable when you die in either server type, so you will definitely run into trolls that will just let you die or try to kill you with mobs etc.
    Yes. I didnt get that one. 

They say the servers are 60 people ( which is fine by me , from my Ark experience ) but than say there are raids that will take 50 people to tame a monster that they will use in PVP.

Use in PVP against who ? The rest 10 ?

LOL

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I can't see how so many people are excited for this in 2017.

All through 2016 ,..15, ..14 i've read so many people complaining about the lack of quality games. About choppy and wooden animations, about how hardware came forward, but devs still selling us 2005 graphics. About the lack of transparency when dealing with many asian studios and publishers. About how every other asian game dies on the western market within 6 month due to mismanagement and overall lack of quality.

Now we're getting DNL and people cheer?

The game will be deserted within 4-6 month and you know it. And you know that you know it.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member RarePosts: 3,432
    blythega said:
    Wow, More than a decade and they remake this piece of crap..

Wow!! and someone doesn't know what's happening, not the same game. 

• YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Sloppy typos on the character selection screen don't fill me with much confidence. It's just lazy and this sort of thing has put me off from playing games in the past. If they can't get the basics right...
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,949
    I do believe it will suck the brains of a human being so be careful around friends when using this. lol

It very pre alpha but the crafting may interest me.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    (sigh) another game that is not an mmog.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,607
    Volgore said:
    I can't see how so many people are excited for this in 2017.

All through 2016 ,..15, ..14 i've read so many people complaining about the lack of quality games. About choppy and wooden animations, about how hardware came forward, but devs still selling us 2005 graphics. About the lack of transparency when dealing with many asian studios and publishers. About how every other asian game dies on the western market within 6 month due to mismanagement and overall lack of quality.

Now we're getting DNL and people cheer?

The game will be deserted within 4-6 month and you know it. And you know that you know it.
    Ok but are the same people who are decrying the animations, dated graphics, etc the same people cheering? I'm betting not and you are seeing "some people" who want everything to be modern and some people who don't care that much.
  • ZenJellyZenJelly Member UncommonPosts: 56
    The server cap just made this game a big ole NO
  • TierlessTierless ColumnistMember EpicPosts: 3,377
    I was excited but the 60 player cap crit me for 2k and sent me away from this one. Another MMORPG chasing trends rather than embracing what it they are.
    But not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers, knowing no other path.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,894
    Aelious said:
    anemo said:

Did they show or tell how big it was. I may have missed that info.
    @Aelious

No not explicitly.   However looking at the map you can see individual details  of features like the smallish river next to where he died (or the canyon near the starter city).

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."