Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameplay Exclusive (Part 1 of 2) - Dark and Light Videos - MMORPG.com

124»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I would bet part two is much better,how could it not be?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited January 2017
    Holy crap, this looks awful. I mean, I went in with VERY low expectations, and yet I was still disappointed. 

Joined - July 2004

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    edited January 2017
    1. I look at this game more like a return of Neverwinter Nights Persistent worlds
    2. I think this is great for the pve only crowd, you all have been crying about a pve only sandbox for years
    3. I also think this is going to be great for roleplayers to have their own servers. I'd rather be on a server with sixty - 100 active and dedicated rpers than a server of thousands who don't rp at all
    4. This can be the new "Tales From the Desert" but with a fantasy tinge if you are on a pve only server. I find nothing wrong with that. Or a less shitty Wurm. I find nothing wrong with that either.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    The map is disappointingly small for a game where players are expected to build structures.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    anemo said:
    The map is disappointingly small for a game where players are expected to build structures.

Did they show or tell how big it was. I may have missed that info.
  • MaricMaric Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Conan Exiles looks much much better. Not impressed but will withhold judgement until I see Pt.2
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I was expecting an MMO, now I have no future prospects for this genre. I find myself caring less and less about ever going back to playing these games. By the time they possibly release something I could be interested in, I'll have long since moved on from online gaming altogether.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Seeing as they are saying that it will take between 30-50 people to down one of those big monsters or get it to a state where it can be tamable, my ideal number for something like this is around 500. You also have to factor in that there are 3 factions in the game which makes that 100 way too low, so 500 would be fair enough to add just enough competition and hopefully find good people in that amount, since you supposedly are full-lootable when you die in either server type, so you will definitely run into trolls that will just let you die or try to kill you with mobs etc.
  • blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Wow, More than a decade and they remake this piece of crap..
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Albatroes said:
    Seeing as they are saying that it will take between 30-50 people to down one of those big monsters or get it to a state where it can be tamable, my ideal number for something like this is around 500. You also have to factor in that there are 3 factions in the game which makes that 100 way too low, so 500 would be fair enough to add just enough competition and hopefully find good people in that amount, since you supposedly are full-lootable when you die in either server type, so you will definitely run into trolls that will just let you die or try to kill you with mobs etc.
    Yes. I didnt get that one. 

They say the servers are 60 people ( which is fine by me , from my Ark experience ) but than say there are raids that will take 50 people to tame a monster that they will use in PVP.

Use in PVP against who ? The rest 10 ?

LOL

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I can't see how so many people are excited for this in 2017.

All through 2016 ,..15, ..14 i've read so many people complaining about the lack of quality games. About choppy and wooden animations, about how hardware came forward, but devs still selling us 2005 graphics. About the lack of transparency when dealing with many asian studios and publishers. About how every other asian game dies on the western market within 6 month due to mismanagement and overall lack of quality.

Now we're getting DNL and people cheer?

The game will be deserted within 4-6 month and you know it. And you know that you know it.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    blythega said:
    Wow, More than a decade and they remake this piece of crap..

Wow!! and someone doesn't know what's happening, not the same game. 

• YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Sloppy typos on the character selection screen don't fill me with much confidence. It's just lazy and this sort of thing has put me off from playing games in the past. If they can't get the basics right...
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    I do believe it will suck the brains of a human being so be careful around friends when using this. lol

It very pre alpha but the crafting may interest me.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    (sigh) another game that is not an mmog.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Volgore said:
    I can't see how so many people are excited for this in 2017.

All through 2016 ,..15, ..14 i've read so many people complaining about the lack of quality games. About choppy and wooden animations, about how hardware came forward, but devs still selling us 2005 graphics. About the lack of transparency when dealing with many asian studios and publishers. About how every other asian game dies on the western market within 6 month due to mismanagement and overall lack of quality.

Now we're getting DNL and people cheer?

The game will be deserted within 4-6 month and you know it. And you know that you know it.
    Ok but are the same people who are decrying the animations, dated graphics, etc the same people cheering? I'm betting not and you are seeing "some people" who want everything to be modern and some people who don't care that much.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ZenJellyZenJelly Member UncommonPosts: 245
    The server cap just made this game a big ole NO
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Aelious said:
    anemo said:

Did they show or tell how big it was. I may have missed that info.
    @Aelious

No not explicitly.   However looking at the map you can see individual details  of features like the smallish river next to where he died (or the canyon near the starter city).

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• ElijarhElijarh Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Stopped watching the moment "60 players" was mentioned.. Dull!!
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited January 2017
    This actually looks vastly more fun than Conan Exiles. Which is what I was excited for, and thought DnL was gonna be lame and worst game of the year.

Turns out, Conan Exiles looks like I'd get bored fast (judging by livestreams/videos), and DnL is something I'd stick with for a while.

Ark Survival I got 800 hours of (well 819 hours to be exact), but then I got all the dinosaurs and did everything. Didn't feel like playing again, since I beat the game. I only spent 5 EURO, whatever that converted to USD at the time (went to one of those non-steam stores). So that is an amazing cost to play time ratio.

Looks like I'll actually be getting DnL and not Conan Exiles.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • al1enoidal1enoid Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Damn, those chest opening and closing sounds right at the end of the video... totally not from ark?