Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to play is as bad as pay to win

1235»

Comments

• nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    edited January 2017
    Ozmodan said:
    I dont know why we argue about this so much...Theres like 5 games that still have a sub model and none of them are worth subbing to so its a moot point....To me the sub model is as outdated as paying someone to pump your gas...It just isnt done anymore...The times have changed get with it people.
    What world are you living in?  Most of the AAA titles have a sub option.  It is ok you don't play them, but they have far more subscribers than most other games.
    GW2, one of the best mmorpg ever created is buy to play and now free to play

archeage, one of the best arts is free to play

teso, graphic is good, combat is good, it is buy to play

Now let see subscription based mmorpg

wow = 12 years old game. graphic is crappy, thx to ragnarok online for the substitute

ff14 = character looks too cartoony, looks like aion online. gw2 and archeage has better art and human characters

most subs game doest deserve it
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    The operative word here is option. There is an option to sub. Most of these games offer a sub and the limited F2P experience in most of these games makes the sub option more than just a window dressing.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Ozmodan said:
    I dont know why we argue about this so much...Theres like 5 games that still have a sub model and none of them are worth subbing to so its a moot point....To me the sub model is as outdated as paying someone to pump your gas...It just isnt done anymore...The times have changed get with it people.
    What world are you living in?  Most of the AAA titles have a sub option.  It is ok you don't play them, but they have far more subscribers than most other games.
    Also, oddly enough, other than SPECIFICALLY this industry, the subscription model is actually seeing a rise in popularity.  Dollar Shave Club, HBO and others offering stand-alone subscriptions to streaming, Five Four Club and Trunk Club that send monthly boxes of clothes to subscribers, even subscriptions for weekly shipments of a recipe complete with the fresh ingredients needed to make it..

No, the times haven't moved past the subscription model.  It's just easier to fleece your customers by selling individual items when you literally have no material, logistical, or manufacturing cost beyond when the very first copy of the digital item is created.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    most subs game doest deserve it
    You guys really need to get off this "deserves a sub" thing lol. Do you even realize what you're saying?

You're basically saying that you'll spend your time playing crap if it doesn't have a sub,

A game either deserves your time or it doesn't. There really isn't a "shitty but I'll play 'cause it's free" category.  
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    goboygo said:
    Sub games are now pay 2 win I now believe I have heard everything.  
    Well some games subbing does give you advantages of the non subs so yes in a way it is p2w
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    goboygo said:
    Sub games are now pay 2 win I now believe I have heard everything.  
    Well some games subbing does give you advantages of the non subs so yes in a way it is p2w
    I look at it the opposite way. You're not paying to lose more than paying to win if the game intends to be played with a sub but decides to include free players. Either way, I've yet to see a sub model that makes you "win." You still have to earn it, even if xp rates are higher, which is the closest I've seen a sub offer that could even be considered P2W.
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    im seriously considering buying gw2 2nd expansion since all new mmorpg are craps
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    im seriously considering buying gw2 2nd expansion since all new mmorpg are craps
    I didn't think there was a second xpac yet. Also, GW2, to me, was soulless. While it is polished and beautiful there just wasn't any oomph to the combat or questing.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Iselin said:
    Recore said:
    I would never pay a monthly fee for a mmo unless it was something totally amazing.
    I'm guessing you've never been a member of a club or organization that has monthly or yearly dues.
    Club is real life..mmo is game...

u cant own a club.. but u can own a game...

subs is like rent....buy is like owning it..

i never said i want free to play game
    You never really grasped the concept of the productization of 1s and 0s, have you?

Go read up a bit and then come back and make your statement with a straight face.