Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Gaming Headsets?

OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
Hey, I'm wondering if any of you with experience in headsets have any suggestions for headsets (preferably with a mic).

Looking for something with with very good quality, thanks!
When all is said and done, more is always said than done.

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited January 2017
    It's actually quite difficult to find a good pair of headphones. I have not found a good pair myself. The foam ear pads tend to wear out after 6 months of extended use and it starts biting into the ear. My best ones thus far have been Audio Technica ATH-AD700, but the audio cable became stiff and unusable after a couple years due to too much coiling when I wrapped the cord around the headphones for storage. My hair also sometimes got caught in the headphone adjustment areas.

I suggest trying audio professional sites and headphones. Something that is over the ear with a removable cord. Like a Sennheiser or Audi Technica.
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    If you don't mind USB headphones and little Millennium Falcons on your ears, the Gamdias Hephaestus are pretty solid. Sound at least as good as any other gaming headset I've used and are easily the most comfortable. 7.1 in headsets is overkill, but they do offer good directional awareness and the rumble is cooler than I thought it would be. This is the only headset I've ever found that I can wear for long sessions without constantly taking them off or ending up with my ears hurting afterwards.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I use the Sennheiser PC 363d.  The absolute best I've ever owned.

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/gaming-headset-pc-363d

If you want something a little bit more budget friendly, the Hyperx Cloud II are fantastic for the price.  I have them as well.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826738003

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I had a terrible experience with Razer headphones. The audio quality was one of the worst I have seen, while being relatively expensive. I definitely suggest keeping away from their audio products.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Cleffy said:
    It's actually quite difficult to find a good pair of headphones. I have not found a good pair myself. The foam ear pads tend to wear out after 6 months of extended use and it starts biting into the ear. My best ones thus far have been Audio Technica ATH-AD700, but the audio cable became stiff and unusable after a couple years due to too much coiling when I wrapped the cord around the headphones for storage. My hair also sometimes got caught in the headphone adjustment areas.

I suggest trying audio professional sites and headphones. Something that is over the ear with a removable cord. Like a Sennheiser or Audi Technica.
    Was about to recommend AudioTecnica myself. While I have only a headphone of them, the sound quality is superb and can't match those cheap-ass regular gaming headsets (meaning Logitech, SteelSeries, Razer and the alike). It comes with a different price tag though...
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited January 2017
    First sort out what type of headphones you want - over the ears, closed, open back, etc. Then head into some audio shop and try out the headphones. Each head and ears are unique and there is no way to tell how headphones will fit and sound to you.

There can be found "copies" that often sound very good and can save you lots of money for little less quality - Superlux is one of the best out there.Some exceptional pieces can be found in Tesco and alike but you need to know a bit about headphones.

Just avoid any gaming/PC accessory crap or headphones with mic in general, those can't match the sound of proper headphones.7.1 headphones - lol.

Do not forget to bring your own qualiy source.