Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - What’s Coming in 2017?

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    MaxBacon said:
    Oh... really?
    So I can assume on those games people also took the scrutiny level to the EMOTIONS of the developers?

Because that's the Star Citizen level, people who go and analyze the emotions the developers on the live streams and other video content they do.

Personally, I never, ever, saw on any other game with people scrutinizing the emotions the developers shown during videos/livestreams.
    I think the obsession goes for both sides.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    MaxBacon said:
    I like that you tell me what I'm not considering when I'm saying that other companies don't fall into this mess while also showing a decent amount of concept art.
    Well that may also be because nobody microscopically examines those companies concept art as they do with everything SC related now won't it? Every little thing that can be used against the company will be, the amount of effort put on investigate even their office furniture or even the clothes they wear is impressive.

So you can easily reach the conclusion that SC is under a scrutiny level by people who dig on everything trying to find stuff to publicly "mud-sling" back at the company, is not the same reality you find within the majority of other games (if any).

Awww poor poor CIG getting picked on by those nasty nasty undesirables, such meanies picking on the big bad corporation...

Put your victim card away and dry your crocodile tears. The problem lies with the company doing this crap, not with the people spotting and talking about it.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited January 2017
    I'm just saying the scrutiny level here is unbelievable.

Like there have seen many scams around the Crowdfunding scenario, and from all I seen of those, none of them ever had the same amount of scrutiny the SC project has, maybe if they had it those scams wouldn't have happened on the first place.

But here we are on SC, where emotional and corporal analysis of the developers are a thing, up to the hiring of private investigators to investigate the company developing the game. O.o
    edited January 2017
    Awww poor poor CIG getting picked on by those nasty nasty undesirables, such meanies picking on the big bad corporation...
    You're not very good at these lill trolls really. I have actually talked sometimes with some developers of the company and how do they deal with the constant stream every day of pretty much attacks leveled against at the company, from accusations of crimes to endless insults. So just interesting to see how they deal with it, how they have to completely shutdown and ignore all that mess and focus on their work, otherwise they wouldn't have any morale to continue their work.

If all the backers were like you towards the developers working on this game, SC would just collapse ASAP. So at least it's good that they aren't.
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    MaxBacon said:
    [...]
    So you can easily reach the conclusion that SC is under a scrutiny level by people who dig on everything trying to find stuff to publicly "mud-sling" back at the company, is not the same reality you find within the majority of other games (if any).
    You mean like a painting that is shown for less than a second that though the Devs apologised is still used in other game forums to show off plagiarism?

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

edited January 2017
    You mean like a painting that is shown for less than a second that though the Devs apologised is still used in other game forums to show off plagiarism?
    Not the same case, that wasn't just a concept art because it made it to the trailer that is a plain advertisement for the product. Hence the other company could sue and claim damages as it was directly "monetized", it was one picture copy pasted not even altered.
    MaxBacon said:
    You're not very good at these lill trolls really. I have actually talked sometimes with some developers of the company and how do they deal with the constant stream every day of pretty much attacks leveled against at the company, from accusations of crimes to endless insults. So just interesting to see how they deal with it, how they have to completely shutdown and ignore all that mess and focus on their work, otherwise they wouldn't have any morale to continue their work.

If all the backers were like you towards the developers working on this game, SC would just collapse ASAP. So at least it's good that they aren't.

That's because they're not meant to be "lill trolls", I am just being sarcastic.

Here's some food for thought. I posted that pair of screenshots (which came from a 300 post thread on the SC subreddit btw). If people, such as yourself, had not tried defending CIG's e-honour so devoutly I doubt there would have even been half a dozen comments about it, people would have had their laugh and moved right along.

Instead the amount of defending, apologising and arguing about other people's opinions has drawn that it out to 50+ responses.

Seems to me that you are an agent provocateur. :D

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    MaxBacon said:

Like there have seen many scams around the Crowdfunding scenario, and from all I seen of those, none of them ever had the same amount of scrutiny the SC project has, maybe if they had it those scams wouldn't have happened on the first place.

But here we are on SC, where emotional and corporal analysis of the developers are a thing, up to the hiring of private investigators to investigate the company developing the game. O.o
    I agree and I also think it's matched by a similar level of obsession to refute each "attack" on the game by some fans.    It's sure stirred up strong passions on both sides.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    MaxBacon said:
    Not the same case, that wasn't just a concept art because it made it to the trailer that is a plain advertisement for the product. Hence the other company could sue and claim damages as it was directly "monetized", a more serious situation with far more exposure.
    I guess if you repeat it often enough it becomes true.
    A Newsletter to attract possible customers cause of all the new shiny features seems to be not any longer advertising ...

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

edited January 2017
    Seems to me that you are an agent provocateur. :D
    Mister agent dramateur triggererateur. ;)
    I like eur words are always fancy.

I guess if you repeat it often enough it becomes true.
    A Newsletter to attract possible customers cause of all the new shiny features seems to be not any longer advertising ...
    Well I try to picture that as a court case and I get stuck on trying to justify the game's newsletter sent to the all its costumers and registered users as a marketing platform to sell the game so I could tie it to one image inside where there's one asset that's mine, and I can't see the case being any successful, because even If I tie both I still have to stretch the fact the asset wasn't any highlight/point of the art in question. I'd felt way more confident on my case if such that was on a ad and the whole art was included on it.
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    MaxBacon said:
    Oh... really?
    So I can assume on those games people also took the scrutiny level to the EMOTIONS of the developers?

Because that's the Star Citizen level, people who go and analyze the emotions the developers on the live streams and other video content they do.

Personally, I never, ever, saw on any other game with people scrutinizing the emotions the developers shown during videos/livestreams.
    Not really, as he said when people try to analyse the emotions of people while live streaming to then try twist it into something negative to continue their argument, i'm sorry that is well over the boundaries of normality. We had threads talking about wall art and coffee machines, so people could prove CR is wasting money, I mean really?

This thread is a great example, it started off about what to expect in 2017, it was derailed for the sake of finger pointing about delays, then the derailed thread is derailed again to point fingers about something else. It's a constant game of trying to pin something on CIG. There's nothing wrong pointing out foul play, but when people throw it in every thread when the threads got fuck all to do with it, it gives the impression of being obsessed, that people must prove this is a bad project.

Not saying the fans are better, but the naysayers are defo on their own level in this. In truth the fan side hasn't been as bad compared to last year or 2015. 
    Herase said:
    Not really, as he said when people try to analyse the emotions of people while live streaming to then try twist it into something negative to continue their argument, i'm sorry that is well over the boundaries of normality. We had threads talking about wall art and coffee machines, so people could prove CR is wasting money, I mean really?

That's one extreme example, hardly indicative of the general sentiment.

Herase said:
    This thread is a great example, it started off about what to expect in 2017, it was derailed for the sake of finger pointing about delays, then the derailed thread is derailed again to point fingers about something else. It's a constant game of trying to pin something on CIG. There's nothing wrong pointing out foul play, but when people throw it in every thread when the threads got fuck all to do with it, it gives the impression of being obsessed, that people must prove this is a bad project.

And what's to say that people just don't want to open individual threads for every "negative" aspect, or that people demanding proof of "wrongdoing" get it delivered in the thread where it's asked for, which then leads to a bit of derailment.
    I think expecting threads to stay 100% on topic is about as realistic as CIG delivering 3.0 by December 2016, discussions ebb and flow, they go off-topic, they swing back on-topic, it's not really indicative of shit-stirring per se or people purposely looking to derail topics.

Herase said:
    Not saying the fans are better, but the naysayers are defo on their own level in this. In truth the fan side hasn't been as bad compared to last year or 2015. 

I'd say both sides are exactly the same as each other just in different ways, it takes two to tango and if there wasn't this fanatical defense half of these discussions wouldn't turn into thread marathons.
    I'm sure some of the time people bait the defense force just because they think it's funny and it's an easy way to kill time at work or whatever.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    I thought this game had already came out

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited March 2017
    @Vrika

Sorry, could not answer your post in the other thread as it was locked.

You posted:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    You're not saying the same numbers since 2012.

In 2014 you told us:
    Erillion said:

And yes, I think the game will release. In my personal opinion in late 2016, with more stuff being added throughout 2017.
    Source: http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6520737/#Comment_6520737
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That post was from November 2014 and in the context that CIG/Star Citizen put up a Squadron 42 homepage that listed 2016 as launch date for SQ42. So at that time i revised my initial estimate based on this - back then - recent information. The date was subsequently revised by CIG from 2016 to 2017. Which brought it in line again with my first estimates.

In October 2014 was my first post here in this subforum on time estimates:
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/422253/star-citizen-hits-58-million-in-crowdfunding/p2
    "...

Personally I dont care about deadlines - missed or not.

I am perfectly happy when this game comes out "when its done" .. be it 2016 or 2018. When all promised features have been implemented and are running efficiently and quickly, having been playtested, bug-fixed and balanced extensively. ..."

Operative words being : "..."when its done" .. be it 2016 or 2018...."

Earlier in November 2014  i said:

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/424060/get-full-star-citizen-game-preorder-for-20-on-friday-plus-starter-ship/p1

"Why not ? Because this is a VERY dedicated team that REALLY WANTS to get this game out  (my personal impression from Gamescon 2014). Even more so than any of the dedicated (and maybe not so dedicated) fans out there.

IMHO much of the dissatisfaction expressed on the forums here comes from a lack of patience. Such a large project takes about 4 years minimum as anyone in the industry will confirm. And we are at the 2 year mark now. OF COURSE i would like to have a game now. But i rather wait until its all been completely developed, combined and thoroughly tested.

I don't care if more backers come and join ... and if they want to pledge for some ships too. Its THEIR money after all. If that makes the pledge money pool go up ... more power to them.

I can only smile about all the conspiracy theories and private opinions being declared as fact (which they are not, as a minimum amount of internet recherche would show). At all the conjectures based on either wishful thinking or intense aversion.

I suggest to sit back and relax. Play some Elite:Dangerous. Do some Star Citizen playtesting. Enjoy life."

Operative words being : ".... takes about 4 years minimum..."

So ... in summary (from my earliest posts here in this SC subforum) ... personally i thought (and still think) Star Citizen will take a minimum of 4 years and it should come out when its done. Wether that is 2016 or 2018.

Have fun

PS:

Fun fact ... i could not have answered @Vrika with a private message even if I wanted  ... he put me on his "Ignore" list ;-)

"Unable to create conversation, Vrika is ignoring you."

Post edited by Erillion on
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Did you really feel the need to continue a thread that was locked to post that wall of text?
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    MaxBacon said:

That's because SC sits as the top earner among crowdfunding projects by a wide, wide margin.  Couple that with a lead that has had some controversy in his past, and what the hell did you expect from the publicity and exposure that all that cash got CIG and CR?

The most annoying part about the SC white-knighting is how you guys all seem to take this stuff so personally.  It's why folks keep comparing your community to a friggin' cult.  You're getting trolled and the game criticized because of the same general reasons people hate on EA or Blizzard: they made a lot of money.  That's it.  The amount of hate and trolling roughly corresponds to the amount of money made by the folks behind it.  It has nothing to do with folks taking a personal hatred towards your precious project because it's your precious project, but they sure as hell get a bigger kick out of trolling or hating when they see you guys act like that's true.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    CIG will keep on updating the game whille making money so keep on trolling and hating. More exposure for the game either way. 
    Babuinix said:
    CIG will keep on updating the game whille making money so keep on trolling and hating. More exposure for the game either way. 
    Not all publicity is good publicity but thanks for letting us continue pointing out the flaws, missed deadlines and broken promises
    edited March 2017
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Not all publicity is good publicity but thanks for letting us continue pointing out the flaws, missed deadlines and broken promises

:3  Knock yourself out  :3

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2017
    Do you really want EMPTY generated planets?
    That rover/planet scooter looks real cheap in first person mode.It should be an over the shoulder look because all that is a HUD attached to the camera.
    Lol so mining and shops are MAJOR mechanics?Salvage unless using a lot of animation is super easy to do,the main work is just time to data base what each item gives upon salvaging which will be likely just icons.
    Really this is just advertising..we got ships ships ship....bah there are more than enough ships,how about game game game?How about life forms on planets instead nothing but work on cash shops?

Does this video author work for Star Citizen? lol,sure seems like it.
    You know what i hear a lot of in this video?We might see 3.0 but maybe it will happen in 2.0 or maybe 2.3 but we should see ships and episode 2.2 which might happen episode 1 and patch 2.4 but we hope to see patch 2.3 during episode 2 but maybe in 2017 but we should see this ship and that ship hopefull during 3.0 but maybe in 2017,possible we see more ships bla bla bla ,,,roflamo just a whole bunch of gibberish.
    This is EXACTLY like the nonsense Chris Roberts is feeding the media,just a pile of gibberish,thousands of words saying very little.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:

Already have been and having a great laugh while I do :pleased:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:

Already have been and having a great laugh while I do :pleased:
    Amazing hobbie indeed. :3
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    edited March 2017
    MaxBacon said:

This looks like a reasonable position on the surface, but in my opinion it's really no more than false indignation; Star Citizen held a Guinness World Record for being the most crowdfunded thing ever (let alone one of the most expensive video games of all time) for a hot minute before being passed up by "The DAO", which ended up losing $50 million dollars due to poor security.  Investors got wrecked over the project that now holds CIG's former title; I'd say some scrutiny isn't untoward.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    @Phaserlight
    >>> over the project that now holds CIG's former title;  >>>

You seem to be unaware that Star Citizen / CIG is STILL the record holder (by far) for "most crowdfunded (any genre)".

You can check that on the Guiness Book of World Records homepage (you need to make a free account there first to login).

Have fun
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Erillion said:
    @Phaserlight
    >>> over the project that now holds CIG's former title;  >>>

You seem to be unaware that Star Citizen / CIG is STILL the record holder (by far) for "most crowdfunded (any genre)".

You can check that on the Guiness Book of World Records homepage (you need to make a free account there first to login).

Have fun
    Genre, implying game.  Yes, it is the most crowdfunded game ever.  Thanks for the correction.  For a while it was also the most crowdfunded anything, ever.  It has since been passed up by an org whose operational history is as hazy as its name (The Decentralized Autonomous Organization).

CIG is looking like it will take back that position soon, anyway.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance