Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I am thinking of giving this a try.. got some questions.

SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
1: Is it as pay2win as I keep hearing? or has that been fixed?

2: whats a good class for a newbie? defently not my first mmo though.

3: Any general tips?

Been looking for a mmo to play but I am tired of all these mmo's that feel like I am playing the same game in just a diffrent skin, Example WoW and FF14, they feel like pretty much the same game just with a diffrent skin to it.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Comments

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860
    1: You will need patron to fully take advantage of what the game has to offer. I´ve joined a very competitive guild and very few people there actually spend money on the game, aside from patron. If they do, they are not spending much on it. We do loads of PVP but there is none of that pressure for you to be the best of the best. Bottom line is there will be people who spend thousands but that does not need to be a detriment to enjoy the game. all the items that matter on the cash shop can be bought with in-game gold from the AH or tokens you get as patron. Find a good guild, pay for patron and you will be OK.

2; Id play what I enjoy.

3. Dont expect to make money off crafting. Harvesting, mining, farming, etc is profitable but crafting (at least at lower levels) is not a viable way of living. Do your research before commiting to any one craft because chances are youll invest plenty of gold in it at first and you dont really want to discard it for something else later on and throw away all that investiment.