Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(VR) Full touch body blouse/jacket similar to the older touch glove on my wishlist.

TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
edited January 2017 in General Gaming
Spent most of today lvling up my forum skills, so I could make this one post. Since tbh Im more of a forum lurker, than an actual forum debater.

I rarely think I have much uniqe or brilliant things to add, most people are far more knowledgeable and smarter than me anyway.

That said, I have had this on my mind some time.

Im very interested in the VR helmet and Im very very intrested in seeing a fully supportet VR MMORPG in very near future.

However, as long as the VR helm is basicly just the same as wearing a screen on your head, Im actually okay content with my own regular computerscreen still.

So on my wishlist is a touch blouse (in lack of better words) A blouse that have touch sensors that can give the sensation that you touch and or bump into things ingame, also with inbuilt temperature regulators. Kinda like the heating blankets that you can turn on. So when you enter cold areas in game, the temperature in the blouse / jacket would go lower and visa versa when you enter warm areas, like deserts, the heating would rise.

Im familiar with the glove that was made some many years ago, but I guess the time wasnt right for it then.

Now with VR helmets, Im ready to jump on that dreamboat, but not all the way before we are able to get the full experience.

Now it dosnt have to be a blouse or jacket perse, could be anything else that would give that sensation of actually touching the things you see in game. Id like to stroke my mount over its mane forexample and watch it respond to my touch.

And flying a mount in VR would just be, hello!, bring the future already, cause I need to fly dragons or other mythical creatures ok.

So thats on my wishlist. Didnt know where to add it. Hope its not the wrong forum, wasnt sure if maybe it belonged in the pub instead, apologize if the thread is in wrong place.

If you guys have other even more interesting things that would enhance the VR experience, please add them.

If Im never going to actually be able to play an AAA VR MMORPG, fully functional, its atleast nice to dream about all the posibilities.

Been a nice day on this forum though, really enjoyed it, thanks! :)

Comments

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256

Here is my idea

Ghost are legless .
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    edited January 2017
    It's honestly a pretty nice experience the way that it is; this may look like I'm giving the developers a free pass, but really if you consider how much effort has been put into developing VR hardware over the past four years it makes sense.

I'm not sure having a "touch blouse" (I can barely type this with a straight face) would improve the experience at all...

Haptics are definitely a thing, but ease of use is also important.

The biggest complaint I see regarding the VR market is the lack of software, and I think this is a valid point (hopefully it doesn't stay this way, otherwise we're more or less left at a standoff); 80% of the experiences I've tried just feel... cheap, like not a lot of effort was put into it on the part of the software devs.  True, I'm not paying much for these experiences on Gear VR, so it's not really a complaint... but if you were hoping for Gibson's Matrix or Stephenson's Metaverse... these are still firmly in the realm of science fiction (although there are Satori-like moments where it seems as though I'm experiencing something similar).  To reiterate, I don't think this is a failing on the part of the hardware as much as the fact that there is no real agreement as to what "The Metaverse should be" (tm).

Want to take a virtual fishing trip?  Cool!  That experience will be relegated to one app, the designers of which have no ostensible ties to the makers of the hundreds of other available apps.  Gibson's Matrix is happening, but in an extremely fractured way.

Will someone come along and 'tie it all together'?  Perhaps.  There are some truly compelling experiences, both short and potentially lifelong.  I'm super satisfied with Minecraft Gear VR and Vendetta Online VR, and while neither of those apps are "everything", at very least they are proof-of-concept that longterm experiences are available and work in VR.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    I desided I needed another angle for this subject. So I made a subject in helpdesk.

Had been awake for quite some hours lvling up the forumskill yesterday, so ended up making this thread too fast.

So I was a bit too quick, apologize, I found what I needed when I figured out how to express myself differently. 

Still nice to read about you guy's experiences though and seeing which games fits well currently with VR.

Ixx: Your Ghost thing I have zero clue what was about on the other hand, feel free to elaborate, as that flew past me entirely.

Otherwise can leave this thread be, since my other thread is more in line with what I needed. No need to put this one on front page taking room from other threads :)  
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    TENTING said:

Ixx: Your Ghost thing I have zero clue what was about on the other hand, feel free to elaborate, as that flew past me entirely.

Otherwise can leave this thread be, since my other thread is more in line with what I needed. No need to put this one on front page taking room from other threads :)  
    Basically we like the ghost in VR .
    Ghost can see can hear but can't touch , they can't feel , can't taste and can't smell . well ,  in some tale they can control physical item .

So i feel like that instead of create VR physical body , why don't create a ghost body ?

And , ghost don't walk , they float . Most portrait as legless .

So why we want to walk around in game with our leg instead of use something to float

iixviiiix said:
    TENTING said:

Ghost can see can hear but can't touch , they can't feel , can't taste and can't smell . well ,  in some tale they can control physical item .

So i feel like that instead of create VR physical body , why don't create a ghost body ?

So why we want to walk around in game with our leg instead of use something to float

Wow, I totally took that the wrong way.  You know what though, you may be on to something.

So, what if... what if our reality is being simulated, and "ghosts" are accessing our reality from the outside... using VR.  What if it's us... through time travel?!?

I'm being facetious, but William Gibson did write a novel with this (sort of) as a premise (spoiler)... you should totally go read it.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar

edited January 2017
    iixviiiix said:
    TENTING said:

Mm still not sure I follow.

But your last sentence I can maybe deduct something from that I can respond to.

When it comes to VR and MMORPGs, I actually have a dilemma, because Id like to experience similar kind of rush, when mounting a mount and flying, that I have seen people get when they ride carrousels in VR. That would be fun to experience.
    But! at the same time Im very fond of watching my character (that Id usually spend hours creating) on the screen, and would therefore prefere the third person wiew while still in VR. In that sense Id not really want a first person view in VR.

And Id prefere a character that I can see running in the game. Would in fact be thrilled if gadgets could someday provide a function, where when we run or simulate running in RL, our characters would be running on screen.

I have seen glimses of these things in different TV programs, but otherwise not really familiar with how far into production these things are.

Now why Id like to explore and experience running in a game can always be debated, but generally I love playing MMORPGs and explore them, but when you have played these games for a couple of decades, something extremely new has to happen to bring back that old feeling of being overwhelmed and thrilled.

I was about to quit on MMORPGS when flying were suddenly introduced to MMORPGS and it gave that wow effect once more and have enjoyed it greatly since.

But these games, eventually, even though each world can be amazing to travel in, the feeling of, been there, done that, seen one world, seen them all, becomes more frequent and almost ruins a perfectly good adventure before its even started.

So VR with our presense inside the gameworld as a ghost? I guess it could be designed in a world where the characters were meant to be ghosts, but Im still a traditionalist.

Id like to see the worlds I like already and just experience these games in VR, feeling that wow effect.

iixviiiix said:
    TENTING said:

Wow, I totally took that the wrong way.  You know what though, you may be on to something.

So, what if... what if our reality is being simulated, and "ghosts" are accessing our reality from the outside... using VR.  What if it's us... through time travel?!?

I'm being facetious, but William Gibson did write a novel with this (sort of) as a premise (spoiler)... you should totally go read it.
    Thats abstract thinking, I like that.

But until we unravel what goes on behind the scenes of our own creation, Id be ok with just settling with a VR helm and a few gadgets :anguished:
    edited January 2017
    TENTING said:
    iixviiiix said:
    TENTING said:

Mm still not sure I follow.

But your last sentence I can maybe deduct something from that I can respond to.

When it comes to VR and MMORPGs, I actually have a dilemma, because Id like to experience similar kind of rush, when mounting a mount and flying, that I have seen people get when they ride carrousels in VR. That would be fun to experience.
    But! at the same time Im very fond of watching my character (that Id usually spend hours creating) on the screen, and would therefore prefere the third person wiew while still in VR. In that sense Id not really want a first person view in VR.
    To my (limited) experience, 3rd person works just as well in VR as it does in "normal" games.  The sense of immersion and presence is still there; only now instead of "being" my character I am "watching" my character.  It's the same type of metacognitive leap regular 3rd-person games ask players to make, and in retrospect I'm not entirely sure why I expected it to be any different in VR.  Actually, I could write a lot more about that, but it's probably outside the scope of this thread.

TENTING said:

And Id prefere a character that I can see running in the game. Would in fact be thrilled if gadgets could someday provide a function, where when we run or simulate running in RL, our characters would be running on screen.

I have seen glimses of these things in different TV programs, but otherwise not really familiar with how far into production these things are.
    There are peripherals that will allow you to do this; the one I've seen the most "buzz" around is the Virtuix Omni.  Again, I don't think this is "necessary" for 'quality VR', but that's just my opinion.

TENTING said:

Now why Id like to explore and experience running in a game can always be debated, but generally I love playing MMORPGs and explore them, but when you have played these games for a couple of decades, something extremely new has to happen to bring back that old feeling of being overwhelmed and thrilled.

I was about to quit on MMORPGS when flying were suddenly introduced to MMORPGS and it gave that wow effect once more and have enjoyed it greatly since.

But these games, eventually, even though each world can be amazing to travel in, the feeling of, been there, done that, seen one world, seen them all, becomes more frequent and almost ruins a perfectly good adventure before its even started.

So VR with our presense inside the gameworld as a ghost? I guess it could be designed in a world where the players were meant to be ghosts, but Im still a traditionalist.

Id like to see the worlds I like already and just experience these games in VR, feeling that wow effect.

VR absolutely is the breath of fresh air the gaming industry needs at this time.  The 'VR effect' is real, and I've seen what it can do for experiences that have been around for a while (see my signature).  It's like playing an entirely new game.

Here's hoping the industry can get its act together around this brave new tech :smile:

I know many developers are taking the plunge, but to be frank and general the software is lagging behind the hardware.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    It would be great to have a suit with impact and vibrating points (Oh, stop it. That's not what I mean!). Reason being is if you get hit with a sword it may feel like a straight line on your body. A mace/blunt object would feel like a rounded impact. If a ghost hit you it may feel like a vibration. Imagine VR headset with earphones and a creepy moaning sound as a ghost passes through you as your suit slight vibrates front to back. I'd love this!