Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is Tera's Engine (Performance) these days? I have not played in 17 Months.

kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

Just checking to see if there has been any big improvements over the last 17 months or so. I last played in Summer 2015. I actually found Tera to be a great game but I found the performance to be very very bad. PvP it got even worse. I did hand tweak the config files and was able to make things perform (okay). But overall it hindered my personal experience quite a lot.

System Specs Back Then:

• Windows 10 64bit
  • Intel i7-4770K @ 3.50 Ghz
  • ASUS Maximus VI Hero Motherboard
  • Corsair AX860I 860W Power Supply
  • 32 GB of Ram
  • GeForce GTX 780 Ti
  • 500 Gig SS

Since then Upgrades:

• GeForce GTX 1070 OC

Downside is I'm 99% sure it was massive CPU bound issues too much on 1 thread and not enough pushed on the GPU or through multiple threads on the CPU.

SNIP

Comments

• mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    You have a much better system than mine and I did not notice any performance issues but I didn't pvp much.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    It is cpu heavy :( fps is really bad in tera

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    edited January 2017
    My 2nd PC is much worse than yours and plays TERA at 40-60FPS on max settings only dropping when there are 30+ people around.

There have occasionally been problems with TERA and virus scanners that grind its performance into the dirt, but simply creating an exception may fix that. It could also be the Windows 10 game recording feature. I know it destroyed my frame rates in DOTA2 until I turned it off (didn't even know it was on/existed).
  • AkemieAkemie Member UncommonPosts: 50
    I have a slightly better computer than yours and not having any issues at all.  I am having a blast in the game.  I started playing a week ago.  I have no idea why this game fell off my radar.  The combat really excites me!
  • 2xEXP2xEXP Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Same here Akemie.

My 'newish' laptop handles this game no problem.  Usually 60-80 fps with everything maxed, drops to 30-40fps in areas with tons of character models (cities and a few zones).  Most of the time, like 90%+, I'm over 60fps.
  • What.You.SowWhat.You.Sow Member CommonPosts: 1
    curious how deep you went into to tweaking it... you can add a line at the very bottom CPUNumLogicalProcessors=8         adjust the number to your specs .... also recently found that the engine is actually based off the minimum requirements to run the game ....so theres tons of lines where you would want to adjust how much memory it uses...... Imma post a link that explains a ton keep in mind tho towards the end he will get into antialiasing etc. with your gpu your'e probably fine or even better doing what he did....for me it was better skipping that part ------                                                                                                                                                                                                  That said I have noticed the engine is changing... they have a new guy.... it was nearly unplayable on my wifes laptop until recently.