Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player's Choice Awards - Most Wanted MMO of 2017 a Awards at MMORPG.com

Comments

• VicNuggetsVicNuggets Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Joined just so I could say Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,912
    Lutorin said:
    Had to check what this MU Legend is as I have never heard of it .
     It doesn't seem very probable that several hundreds of fans of this game suddenly and at the same time decided to support their game in this vote .

It also doesn't seem very probable that mmorpg.com admin didn't notice a sharp peak of several hundreds new account créations within only 2 days .
    Seems the Pantheon new account voters weren't able to sustain their campaign. The MU Legend new account voters are actually going to surpass them soon...

But who are we to judge ? If the votes are there, then the game must be the most popular. The internet never lies ! :lol:
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,563
    It's likely that Webzen asked folks via social networking to come vote. Checking...

Yep, they did on Facebook. That alone is more than enough to influence the vote closer to their favor unless the other teams do so as well.

What's crucial is whether or not any one offered rewards votes. That would invalidate their entry.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,791
    It's likely that Webzen asked folks via social networking to come vote. Checking...

Yep, they did on Facebook. That alone is more than enough to influence the vote closer to their favor unless the other teams do so as well.

What's crucial is whether or not any one offered rewards votes. That would invalidate their entry.
    Clever of them. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 585
    My interest in pretty much all of these has waned over the past few months.

CoE devs have no idea what they're doing.
    Crowfall is struggling to put together an enjoyable game and the devs are making lots of questionable choices.
    Revelation went from interesting to absolutely not after watching some friends play it on Twitch. What a horrible game.

I have no idea what the 2 leaders even are. I've never heard of MU and Pantheon is below my radar at best.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,882
    Lutorin said:
    Had to check what this MU Legend is as I have never heard of it .
     It doesn't seem very probable that several hundreds of fans of this game suddenly and at the same time decided to support their game in this vote .

It also doesn't seem very probable that mmorpg.com admin didn't notice a sharp peak of several hundreds new account créations within only 2 days .
    The challenge for the site is a goal of polls and contests is to draw new visitors who hopefully stick around and generate traffic and clicks.

Not many sure ways to discern between legitimate new accounts and those owned by bots.

Best option would be to secretly weight the votes wirh more credence being given to accounts with greater longevity or activity.

Clearly my vote should count as 100 while Blue Turtle, Torval around 150. DMKano? 500 easy.

;)

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Another year of broken promises and failed projects. But there is always 2018, right?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,519
    edited January 2017

nm facebook updated okay. just updated twitter an hour ago.

• Jawbreaker23Jawbreaker23 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    How did MU online go from less than 1% to over 19% in the span of a couple days? Hardly any articles on it either.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,519
    How did MU online go from less than 1% to over 19% in the span of a couple days? Hardly any articles on it either.
    Publisher Webzen has 6k followers. :eh:

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,286
    It's a mystery but I think @sludgebeard will get to the bottom of it sometime after he wakes up.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,174
    Lineage Eternal for me.. I'm really wanting that ARPGMMO and I like Lineage universe.
  • VoruxxVoruxx Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen ! My last saving grace for the MMORPG genre
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,200
    How is MU Legion in second place? I've never even heard of that game before.
    --------------------------------------------
  • OshoOsho Member UncommonPosts: 17
    So far only Pantheon. Even if its just the beginning of the 2017 alpha testing.
  • badger_7badger_7 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Looking forward to Pantheon!
  • jonnybladesjonnyblades Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Pantheon Online has my vote, a true masterpiece, just watch a stream and see the difference from 90% other upcoming titles. The death penalty, required team coordination or fear of a wipe? What's not to like. Hardcore baby yeah!
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,334
    Seems to be the battle of new accounts Pantheon versus Mu.

• sludgebeardsludgebeard Member UncommonPosts: 788

Yes but going up .1% roughly every ten minutes since last night? I would say this is worth investigating. 

The polling could easily be compromised at this point and I think you all should check into it. A facebook post from two days ago doesnt rule anything out here.

If it was a bulk number at one time that scenario would make sense, but I have been tracking the numbers since last night at 7PM EST and at nearly perfect intervals of 10 minutes the score for MU (and MU alone) has been consistently been going up.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,581
    Someone stacked the deck, you can bet that is not representative of this site's readership.  Just another mediocre eastern game that has little difference from all the others.
  • Dave49424Dave49424 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Been following Pantheon for a while now and I am anxiously awaiting a game that might try to revive that old school EQ feeling (with the exception of meditating to a full screen spell book!!).  But until that time I will spend time researching any other decent PvE MMO that is on the list.  Being burned by EQNext/Landmark it never hurts having eggs in multiple baskets.  :)
  • VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 205
    MU Legend
    Cant freaking wait to re-live my childhood in this insane good looking game.
  • LutorinLutorin Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Just to be sure - if this MU game is able to send enough REAL people here to register and vote, then I have no problem with them to win . Whatever win may mean .
    However the speed and regularity with which it happened didn't really look like randomly arriving and registering human beings .
    I guess the admin must be looking at the registering data files right now :)
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    kitarad said:
    Seems to be the battle of new accounts Pantheon versus Mu.

My only arguments against this is that Pantheon is talked about constantly on this site. MU.... not so much ;)
  • dudeman2001dudeman2001 Member CommonPosts: 2
    I just discovered Pantheon and had to vote for it. It is the real deal MMO. It will be huge , be there at the start or cry that you missed it while everybody tells awesome stories 5 years from now.