Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you playing (January 2017)

Comments

• NycteliosNyctelios Novo Hamburgo - RS - BrazilMember EpicPosts: 3,055
    peanutabc said:
    nothing right now.

Wouldn't call ffxiv complex at all though, it's a very basic mmo, limited gear so there's nothing to think about, 1 way to equip your character each patch being a mix and match of raid/tome gear. Combat follows a script, everything is the same. Everything is very set in stone and it's one of the biggest flaws
    You should try Hildy quest arch.
    - Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • 5Luck5Luck Shelton, CTMember UncommonPosts: 218
    Distant worlds:universe 120 hours (hard to start hard to master)

Crusader Kings II (some of the newer content) ~ 40 hours

Tyranny 20 hours.(I postponed this as there was a slew of updates and wanted to wait till they slowed)
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 31,736
    edited January 2017
    EVE of course, along with Wasteland 2 atm.

In 2 days the relaunched "DAOC" private server (2003 ruleset) goes live so for the first time ever in my long career in the game I'll be rolling a "filthy Hib"

My friends are making me do it.  ;)

Other titles I hope to check out include Conan Exiles, Albion Online, CU (dare I hope?) or perhaps D & L.
    Post edited by Kyleran on

"I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 ATM.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,372
    filmoret said:
    Archeage 3.0 got me hooked right now.
    You should change your password and PM @MikeB to get your forum account back. I think @DMKano has hacked it. :chuffed: 
    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DMKano said:
    Terraria - working on expert Lunar Boss
    Archeage - 3.0 everything
    Grim Dawn - end game gear grind
    Trove - gathering mats for 2nd part of winter event (new world boss fight)
    Fallout 4 - rolled a pistol crit build
    Darkest Dungeon - just messing around
    Legend of Grimrock 2 - replay
    Slime Rancher - post lab area content
    Minecraft - world building
    Atlas Reactor - branching out to more challenging freelancers (and mostly sucking at it)
    I've seen a couple of patches come out for Grim Dawn that have improved their network backend and some other balance and bug fixes. Did that mess with builds and meta at all?

What is end game like?

I really wish that game had full respecs. I hate getting down towards end game and finding that my build can't be fixed so I have to reroll. It's the one thing that keeps this game from hitting being at the top of my ARPG list.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• sayuusayuu glendale, AZMember RarePosts: 707
    I'm currently "playing" RPGMaker MV

to finally put my money where my mouth is and make a terrible game so that people on the internet can rip it apart. . .like I've done constantly over the years. . .
    d_20
  • starstar1starstar1 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Mainly SWTOR, Fallout 4, and a little Astroneer for me.
    sayuu said:

to finally put my money where my mouth is and make a terrible game so that people on the internet can rip it apart. . .like I've done constantly over the years. . .
    My daughter has put about 3,800 hours in VX Ace. She plays and fiddles with fan mod games. I'm surprised at the size and scope of the RPG Maker fan community.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• KajidourdenKajidourden Panama City, FLMember EpicPosts: 2,495
    Wildstar and FFXIV
  • MendelMendel Marietta, GAMember EpicPosts: 2,747
    This community is playing lots of interesting games.  I cycle through games on a regular basis.  I had finally trimmed my Steam wish list down to 5 games.  I think this thread is going to fill the wish list again.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes ZabbarMember RarePosts: 3,941
    edited January 2017
    Torval said:
    sayuu said:

My daughter has put about 3,800 hours in VX Ace. She plays and fiddles with fan mod games. I'm surprised at the size and scope of the RPG Maker fan community.
    Besides rpg maker xp I honestly didn't like their newer versions.

Less layers to map, lower graphics (Unless you tweak) but it has more advanced language and performance.

I also put a ton of hours in attempting games but never completed one :P I'm too ambitious on my projects which makes me give up. (I did however release a demo of one of them and people liked it. I also have some youtube videos of another one I was really enjoying making but never got to make a demo, as it mostly had a ton of dungeons done than story/stuff to do)
    Post edited by Bloodaxes on

• deniterdeniter KouvolaMember RarePosts: 1,289
    WoW vanilla and Civ6.

• AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,490
    edited January 2017
    Torval said:
    TSW - Started a new Templar on Arcadia. I'm still in Kingsmouth QL4. Trying to work out my build.

Rift - Playing my rogue in beastmaster mode. Level 62.  Playing casually.

ESO - My hardware reboot problem is making it hard to play this and Shroud.

Broken Sword 4 - Working my way through the series.

Diablo 3 - Waiting for the new season and anniversary content.

Damn you've gone gold last I saw your name was purple. How to get name color levels is that part of their subscription thing?
    On topic- Mount & Blade Warband and Tiger Knight Empire Wars.
    Post edited by Asheram on
  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnMember EpicPosts: 5,513
    edited January 2017
    Not much currently:

-> Vermintide
    -> Grim Dawn
    -> Paladins(though, I'll wait for 0,41 patch)
    -> Tyranny(I've to try another playthrough)
    -> Divinity: Original Sin(I've to finish this, but the story is...is not serious)
    -> ESO(perhaps)

Could also play:

-> Daybreak games(I'm looking forward to stats matter update in DCUO and EQ 2 is as good as always, would be AWESOME if DD:O and LoTR:O became an All-Access titles as well)
    -> SWTOR(I still need to do my cutscene recording, if only AMD ReLive worked with SWTOR{and SWTOR reverted to its old, fun self})
    -> TERA(I should level at least one character here to the max)
    -> AION(Always had a positive stance towards it...because of reasons? idk)
    -> Endless Legend(always a good game)
    Post edited by Gorwe on
  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Non DefinableMember UncommonPosts: 484
    Kyleran said:

In 2 days the relaunched "DAOC" private server (2003 ruleset) goes live so for the first time ever in my long career in the game I'll be rolling a "filthy Hib"

Other titles I hope to check out include Conan Exiles, Albion Online, CU (dare I hope?) or perhaps D & L.
    https://uthgard.org/ << this one?

• filmoretfilmoret Palm Bay, FLMember EpicPosts: 4,906
    Torval said:
    filmoret said:
    Archeage 3.0 got me hooked right now.
    You should change your password and PM @MikeB to get your forum account back. I think @DMKano has hacked it. :chuffed: 
    I'm pretty sure all the accounts that DmKano has hacked mentions Trove as one of their favorite games.

Dude you cracked me up.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko JohannesburgMember EpicPosts: 6,772
    War Thunder (air combat)

Once I get tired of that, Skyrim Ultimate Edition is waiting...

And I'll swing by ESO once the housing patch goes live.
    d_20
  • winghaven1winghaven1 HafnarfjörðurMember RarePosts: 685
    edited January 2017
    Hopping on WoW every now and then to casually level my dwarf Monk who recently got his legendary.

Mainly playing Overwatch now but I've got a 12 month sub on runescape for my hardcore ironman that I mean to tend to at least somewhat. Not something I hop on actively.
    Post edited by winghaven1 on
  • TokkenTokken Portland, ORMember RarePosts: 1,943
    NOTHING right now. Considering starting FFXIV and / or BDO
    Warriors are like steel, when you lose your temper you lose your worth.
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 355
    World of Warcraft - still going strong. I recently joined a new rp guild and having a blast atm.
    Overwatch - I have an amazing team and play it every night. 
    Guild Wars 2 - I log in once in 1-2 weeks and do some wvw. I don't play this game as an mmorpg anymore.
    Clash of Clans - the only mobile game that I enjoy playing.
  • cheyanecheyane EarthMember EpicPosts: 5,957
    Mass Effect 3 modded.
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 31,736
    wyldmagik said:
    Kyleran said:

https://uthgard.org/ << this one?

Shhhh....not supposed to say..... (but yeah) ;)

"I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 ATM.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn belleville, ILMember EpicPosts: 3,259
    Overwatch, Minecraft, and a few got Warhammer vermintide.

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

• MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community Manager Queens, NYAdministrator RarePosts: 6,412
    This is a good idea for an ongoing series of threads. Let's do this every month. :)

Me? I am kind of bouncing around aimless at the moment. I don't have a whole lot of time and I've pushed through all of the content in my normal haunts (SWTOR/Marvel Heroes). A bit of Elder Scrolls Legends and some mobile Star Wars games (Galaxy of Heroes/Force Arena).
    d_20

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 2,982
    edited January 2017
    Sky Forge, League OF Legends, DOTA 2, Smite...

I did take a look at both ESO, and SWTOR recently, but I just couldn't wrap my head around either of them the decisions being made by developers mostly around Cash Shop issues driving me away from more and more into more MOBA games it feels like.

Am really looking to try out ESO again I do have it installed, but right now i've logged in looked at the RNG chests and been Nope not for me, went back to playing League...
    Post edited by Renoaku on