Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft "Game Mode" a game changer.

CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
Microsoft gets a lot of hate on sites like this and other forums much of it is typical trolling and people jumping on the bandwagon so they can feel included.  This latest news is a game changed for Xbox and windows "game mode" will help developers streamline games using both PC and console and will also improve both systems graphics capabilities...win win for everyone involved. 

http://m.windowscentral.com/game-mode-windows-10-will-power-xbox-one-project-scorpio

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    Bleh just more junk from MS.  Who cares really about the microsoft store/UWP.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    If Microsoft makes the same mistake(with Scorpio) that SONY did with PS4Pro then no, it is not a win win for anyone.

Graphical capabilities mean nothing if the games run like crap. SONY failed hard to make games run at 60fps in 1080p with the PS4Pro because they wanted to sell a few more 4k TVs. I don't have an XBOX this generation but if Microsoft wants to do something great this generation they will have to be the smarter company and make Project Scorpio run games at 60fps in 1080p.

MS wants to offer an interconnected experience between XBO and W10. High performance on XBO WILL make a lot more synergy with Windows than the lame graphical improvements with poor performance and massive frame drops.

microsoft gets a lot of hate across the board i'm pretty sure and it's not just gaming related, and it's good that they do because they're an immense company making essential software for billions. criticism and bad press is good it keeps them in check and breeds change. think of it like a goverment, would you rather govts didn't get any hate? that'd be absolutely unhealthy for their own purposes
    I would agree but with windows 10 they seem to be proving they don't give a rats behind how we feel with some of the "design" choices and how they are removing choices from us.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    If Microsoft makes the same mistake(with Scorpio) that SONY did with PS4Pro then no, it is not a win win for anyone.

Graphical capabilities mean nothing if the games run like crap. SONY failed hard to make games run at 60fps in 1080p with the PS4Pro because they wanted to sell a few more 4k TVs. I don't have an XBOX this generation but if Microsoft wants to do something great this generation they will have to be the smarter company and make Project Scorpio run games at 60fps in 1080p.

MS wants to offer an interconnected experience between XBO and W10. High performance on XBO WILL make a lot more synergy with Windows than the lame graphical improvements with poor performance and massive frame drops.
    The ps4pro was rushed by Sony.  Xb won't catch up to the PS4 but once Xbox releases the S they beat Sony for 4 straight months.  Sony has lost +$10 BILLION in the last five years PlayStation is their saving grace without it on top even if they push it prior to being ready that's just what they have to do. With how well the xb1s I don't see them screwing up the Scorpio except on price, it may be priced to high for a lot of gamers.

Aside, Shocker my comment on  MS hate is alive and well here.
    Nyctelios said:
    Microsoft is stuck on the 90's: Complete unaware of what their consumers wants or complete ignoring their wishes.

Look the UWP and the still going Windows Store fiasco.

Look what it did to sale numbers of games like the new GoW. Look what it did to what was already a bad game Quantum Brake.

Windows store is passing Origin and Uplay in complains - that's quite achievement. 
    Well I might just start a weekly positive MS thread just to see how hot and bothered those like you get when MS continues to push forward while those like you continue your hilarious crusade to bash them any chance you get. 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    UWP is a failed platform, at this point in time, it really doesn't matter what MS does with it, nobody cares. :o
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    This what Tim Sweeney was talking about,Microsoft is trying to monopolize the whole industry,trying to make sure they get some kind of cut from every single game.Microsoft did respond to Tim's article but of course was bs,they claim they are not trying to take control but they most certainly are.
    It goes back to the early days,anti trust lawsuits ,Microsoft with all it's money would hire big time lawyers that would manipulate the wording of  law to stave off fines.

To me or anyone else,we know what a certain law is trying to accomplish but yep Microsoft has it;'s lawyers dissect law so they can find an angle to fight the government in lawsuits.Who else is going to fight Microsoft,nobody unless it is a clear cut case.
    A recent suit ,i can fully relate to,Windows trying to deceive us into thinking it is a normal update but instead an attempt to upload windows 10.Problem is these are small suits,Microsoft laughs at that kind of money,they need to be stopped in their tracks but how?

Well i guess the answer is open platforms,the way John Carmack became big and fought against using Microsoft.Problem is that there is always a bigger market when dealing 100% with Microsoft licenses and platforms.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited January 2017
    So this is how Project Scorpio will achieve 4K. 

I will keep an eye on this for sure.  ;)
    edited January 2017
    Wizardry said:
    This what Tim Sweeney was talking about,Microsoft is trying to monopolize the whole industry,trying to make sure they get some kind of cut from every single game.Microsoft did respond to Tim's article but of course was bs,they claim they are not trying to take control but they most certainly are.
    It goes back to the early days,anti trust lawsuits ,Microsoft with all it's money would hire big time lawyers that would manipulate the wording of  law to stave off fines.

To me or anyone else,we know what a certain law is trying to accomplish but yep Microsoft has it;'s lawyers dissect law so they can find an angle to fight the government in lawsuits.Who else is going to fight Microsoft,nobody unless it is a clear cut case.
    A recent suit ,i can fully relate to,Windows trying to deceive us into thinking it is a normal update but instead an attempt to upload windows 10.Problem is these are small suits,Microsoft laughs at that kind of money,they need to be stopped in their tracks but how?

Well i guess the answer is open platforms,the way John Carmack became big and fought against using Microsoft.Problem is that there is always a bigger market when dealing 100% with Microsoft licenses and platforms.

Wow conspiracy theories is where the MS haters have fallen to...so sad 

Tim Sweeney really?  They haven't released a video in almost four years (Sure paragon is in early access).  Yeah not really concerned nor should MS be on what some washed up video game CEO has to say. He's probably just bitter he had to sell GoW to MS to pay for Paragon. 
    edited January 2017
    ...snip...
    Wow conspiracy theories is where the MS haters have fallen to...so sad 

...snip...
    Aside, Shocker my comment on  MS hate is alive and well here.

No hate here.  I have windows 7 and love  it and I equally like some of the past windows OS.  I want to be able to keep using windows OS so I dunno how you can call that hate unless you have an agenda and from your last few posts well...

Any perceived "hate" is on  MS themselves for not listening to what so many of us are telling them and until they do I will stay on win 7 and keep looking over every single KBxxx update before I install it.

If ever windows 7 becomes impossible to keep using for my gaming needs I will just find some other non  windows OS.

If MS wants the good chunk of us back they will need to listen to us.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    UWP is just an api that makes developing on the windows platform easier than with more traditional Windows apis. It's not locked into windows store or windows 10. You can use it to develop windows 7 programs.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    edited January 2017
    Nyctelios said:
    Microsoft is stuck on the 90's: Complete unaware of what their consumers wants or complete ignoring their wishes.

Look the UWP and the still going Windows Store fiasco.

Look what it did to sale numbers of games like the new GoW. Look what it did to what was already a bad game Quantum Brake.

Windows store is passing Origin and Uplay in complains - that's quite achievement. 
    Well I might just start a weekly positive MS thread just to see how hot and bothered those like you get when MS continues to push forward while those like you continue your hilarious crusade to bash them any chance you get. 
    Sometimes its not a good idea to push forward when there are superior alternatives.  But when you have an unlimited war chest you never know when to quit, because you don't have it.  Microsoft is in the unique position to be able to do things wrong over and over and over until they kind of get it right.   Where others give up and focus on something they are actually really good it and that can make them money.

I think there are better uses of their time and resources.  Sometimes Microsoft reminds me of the rich kid with the 400 dollar basketball shoes playing pick-up with talented kids in sneakers and getting laughed out behind their back.  But they put up with the rich kid because they can get a free lunch after the game.

If Microsoft really wanted to help gamers they would create a Windows boot kernel shell mode that removes everything not related to computer gaming.   Basically creating a pure gaming OS for PC.