Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'll say it again, Pantheon will be huge

1911131415

Comments

  • AraduneAradune Sigil Games CEOMember RarePosts: 294

    Brad seems set on this though, so it's a moot point.  I'm moving on and only upset that I wasted money on it. 

    I wouldn't say we're set on long mems during combat -- in fact we're looking at the issue right now and deciding how mana management during combat could be done better.

    --

    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad McQuaid
    CCO, Visionary Realms, Inc.
    www.pantheonmmo.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------

  • Hokanu99Hokanu99 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited February 2017
    Aradune said:

    Brad seems set on this though, so it's a moot point.  I'm moving on and only upset that I wasted money on it. 

    I wouldn't say we're set on long mems during combat -- in fact we're looking at the issue right now and deciding how mana management during combat could be done better.
    I am looking forward to mana / stamina management being an important feature (hopefully) for us players to learn how to balance depending on the classes in the group your in and the mobs you face at any given time.  Dictating the pace of the game ourselves by how far we can push the boundaries of our own groups efficiency in hopefully difficult situations / encounters. Needing to truly know your classes and others strengths and weaknesses and thinking on the fly, not just continuously mashing the same rotations no matter who or what is in your group with no real concern for resource management.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,528
    Hokanu99 said:
    Aradune said:

    Brad seems set on this though, so it's a moot point.  I'm moving on and only upset that I wasted money on it. 

    I wouldn't say we're set on long mems during combat -- in fact we're looking at the issue right now and deciding how mana management during combat could be done better.
    I am looking forward to mana / stamina management being an important feature (hopefully) for us players to learn how to balance depending on the classes in the group your in and the mobs you face at any given time.  Dictating the pace of the game ourselves by how far we can push the boundaries of our own groups efficiency in hopefully difficult situations / encounters. Needing to truly know your classes and others strengths and weaknesses and thinking on the fly, not just continuously mashing the same rotations no matter who or what is in your group with no real concern for resource management.

    I don't mind having a refill time.


    Don't forget, in all modern mmos its crazy how many trash mobs you have to kill from point A to point B.  Their designed like hack and slash games.....And for me hack and slash in am mmo sucks.

    Lets have mobs spread out and have every battle epic !!
  • infiniti70infiniti70 Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Aradune said:

    Brad seems set on this though, so it's a moot point.  I'm moving on and only upset that I wasted money on it. 

    I wouldn't say we're set on long mems during combat -- in fact we're looking at the issue right now and deciding how mana management during combat could be done better.
    I like some downtime for social reasons. I just don't think mana dependent classes should be the only ones with things to do. After a battle, gear needs to be repaired, arrows fletched, prayers of thanks, poisons applied, scout ahead... every class should have things that need to be done to prepare for the next epic encounter. Just not sure why it is always mana. 

    Worse thing is having everyone ready to go waiting on the casters. 
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,266
    edited February 2017
    I think it will do fine. Well enough for Brad and Co to consider it a success. It is a niche game within a niche genre so I would project 150,000 to 225,000 average subs at best. Which is a success according to Brad. They don't need WOW numbers. They are not working with a WOW budget. 
    Even for AAA mainstream titles subscription model is unsustainable. 150k subs for Pantheon is awfully delusional.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,066
    Dullahan said:
    Dullahan said:
    It's funny how fast and often people are to bring up Vanguard, while overlooking the fact that many of the problems that Vanguard suffered from are currently missing from Pantheon. ...
    Yeah, half the content Vanguard had is also missing from Pantheon ! :lol:
    Fair enough, but at least what we see is already very playable. All the content in the world won't make a game fun if it isn't designed well and running smoothly. At least they've demonstrated that much to me, and that's an important distinction.
    If Pantheon releases with as much content as Vanguard, then the game is several years out.  I would rather see them release a polished experience that only has a level cap of 45, and then add content (& increase the cap) as the game matures.


    The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!


  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    You can say it ten times more and it still won't be huge. Far, far from it.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,493
    edited February 2017
    Gdemami said:
    I think it will do fine. Well enough for Brad and Co to consider it a success. It is a niche game within a niche genre so I would project 150,000 to 225,000 average subs at best. Which is a success according to Brad. They don't need WOW numbers. They are not working with a WOW budget. 
    Even for AAA mainstream titles subscription model is unsustainable. 150k subs for Pantheon is awfully delusional.
    Yet CCP/EVE manages to do so, weird isn't it?

    FFXIV, SWTOR, L1, heck maybe even AA or BDO likely have that many subs or patrons.

    Give players a game with features they really want for which there few options and people will pay for it.

    $15 a month just isn't that much money.

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Kyleran said:
    Gdemami said:
    I think it will do fine. Well enough for Brad and Co to consider it a success. It is a niche game within a niche genre so I would project 150,000 to 225,000 average subs at best. Which is a success according to Brad. They don't need WOW numbers. They are not working with a WOW budget. 
    Even for AAA mainstream titles subscription model is unsustainable. 150k subs for Pantheon is awfully delusional.
    Yet CCP/EVE manages to do so, weird isn't it?

    FFXIV, SWTOR, L1, heck maybe even AA or BDO likely have that many subs or patrons.

    Give players a game with features they really want for which there few options and people will pay for it.

    $15 a month just isn't that much money.

    To be fair, though, you're quoting AAA titles and EVE, who was once the second most subbed game is now seeing subscriptions fall off to 2012 levels. I agree with both @Gdemami and @blueturtle13 though. I agree that 150k subs is delusional, but I agree with BlueTurtle that 150k is probably the absolute, best-case scenario cap for a niche market. So it really comes down to this, "Will Pantheon be the greatest game of all time?" That's how Pantheon gets to 150k subs. The problem is the North American market. Nobody wants to pay for shit! Has there even been an MMO that's lasted 1 year on the subscription-only model in the last 5 years? Shit, SWTOR didn't even make it a year, did it? 

    This game won't fly in the massive Asia-Pacific market, because it's being designed specifically for the North American market, so it should be interesting to see if America will step up and make MMOs great again in 2017!

    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • ShaighShaigh Member RarePosts: 2,069
    CrazKanuk said:
    Kyleran said:
    Gdemami said:
    I think it will do fine. Well enough for Brad and Co to consider it a success. It is a niche game within a niche genre so I would project 150,000 to 225,000 average subs at best. Which is a success according to Brad. They don't need WOW numbers. They are not working with a WOW budget. 
    Even for AAA mainstream titles subscription model is unsustainable. 150k subs for Pantheon is awfully delusional.
    Yet CCP/EVE manages to do so, weird isn't it?

    FFXIV, SWTOR, L1, heck maybe even AA or BDO likely have that many subs or patrons.

    Give players a game with features they really want for which there few options and people will pay for it.

    $15 a month just isn't that much money.

    To be fair, though, you're quoting AAA titles and EVE, who was once the second most subbed game is now seeing subscriptions fall off to 2012 levels. I agree with both @Gdemami and @blueturtle13 though. I agree that 150k subs is delusional, but I agree with BlueTurtle that 150k is probably the absolute, best-case scenario cap for a niche market. So it really comes down to this, "Will Pantheon be the greatest game of all time?" That's how Pantheon gets to 150k subs. The problem is the North American market. Nobody wants to pay for shit! Has there even been an MMO that's lasted 1 year on the subscription-only model in the last 5 years? Shit, SWTOR didn't even make it a year, did it? 

    This game won't fly in the massive Asia-Pacific market, because it's being designed specifically for the North American market, so it should be interesting to see if America will step up and make MMOs great again in 2017!
    Rift spent bit over 2 years before the f2p transition. They had something like 150-200k subscribers 6-12 months after launch.
    The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,182
    edited February 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Gdemami said:
    I think it will do fine. Well enough for Brad and Co to consider it a success. It is a niche game within a niche genre so I would project 150,000 to 225,000 average subs at best. Which is a success according to Brad. They don't need WOW numbers. They are not working with a WOW budget. 
    Even for AAA mainstream titles subscription model is unsustainable. 150k subs for Pantheon is awfully delusional.
    Yet CCP/EVE manages to do so, weird isn't it?

    FFXIV, SWTOR, L1, heck maybe even AA or BDO likely have that many subs or patrons.

    Give players a game with features they really want for which there few options and people will pay for it.

    $15 a month just isn't that much money.
    It's really hard to tell at this point, the one thing Pantheon has going for it is that it's the only PVE focused title currently being hyped. The rest are mostly PVP titles. That alone doesn't really mean too much though, as it's really only focusing on a subset of the PVE audience (those who want a harsh experience). Which historically is typically an extreme niche. If games like Darksouls are any indication, the premise sells, but only a marginal amount finish the game. Which is fine for a single player title, not so much for an MMORPG. The peak isn't what's important, be it 150k or 1 mil. It's the amount of subs that stick with it long term that is important.

    MMORPGs are a niche again more or less, hard titles are an even narrower niche, indie titles are a niche, a hard indie MMORPG is an extreme niche. We'll see...

    For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson


  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,976
    edited February 2017
    I think i have seen people role play better in threads than in the actual role playing games.They are living in a Fantasy world believing what they want to believe.
    Somebody comes out with an idea,OH YEAH i got to back that,that's cool,i remember that.Oh yeah i loved those books,a game based on those would be great,here's my money.People seem to let their brain go into lala land for a few minutes.

    For the record,there is no limit to what a developer could achieve if they have enough money and manpower.Setting low standards will automatically mean a low standard game.
    The problem is the feedback developers get is all bullshit.
    When a game is coming out,they need to market it,so they go to websites like this one and it all begins.IGN wants some advertising money so they give the game great props and tell the CEO how much they love the idea of the game.
    Then sometimes it gets soooo bad,a developer becomes delusional into thinking there is a massive support to get the game out fast/unfinished.Every single one of these early access games are there because they don't have the money,they don't have a finished game,so you are gazing at and  supporting nothing more than a used car salesmen broken promises.



    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Shaigh said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Kyleran said:
    Gdemami said:
    I think it will do fine. Well enough for Brad and Co to consider it a success. It is a niche game within a niche genre so I would project 150,000 to 225,000 average subs at best. Which is a success according to Brad. They don't need WOW numbers. They are not working with a WOW budget. 
    Even for AAA mainstream titles subscription model is unsustainable. 150k subs for Pantheon is awfully delusional.
    Yet CCP/EVE manages to do so, weird isn't it?

    FFXIV, SWTOR, L1, heck maybe even AA or BDO likely have that many subs or patrons.

    Give players a game with features they really want for which there few options and people will pay for it.

    $15 a month just isn't that much money.

    To be fair, though, you're quoting AAA titles and EVE, who was once the second most subbed game is now seeing subscriptions fall off to 2012 levels. I agree with both @Gdemami and @blueturtle13 though. I agree that 150k subs is delusional, but I agree with BlueTurtle that 150k is probably the absolute, best-case scenario cap for a niche market. So it really comes down to this, "Will Pantheon be the greatest game of all time?" That's how Pantheon gets to 150k subs. The problem is the North American market. Nobody wants to pay for shit! Has there even been an MMO that's lasted 1 year on the subscription-only model in the last 5 years? Shit, SWTOR didn't even make it a year, did it? 

    This game won't fly in the massive Asia-Pacific market, because it's being designed specifically for the North American market, so it should be interesting to see if America will step up and make MMOs great again in 2017!
    Rift spent bit over 2 years before the f2p transition. They had something like 150-200k subscribers 6-12 months after launch.

    That! I did not know! Lol. In all fairness, it was the WoW killer, so I would have expected that :) 

    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,493
    CrazKanuk said:
    Kyleran said:
    Gdemami said:
    I think it will do fine. Well enough for Brad and Co to consider it a success. It is a niche game within a niche genre so I would project 150,000 to 225,000 average subs at best. Which is a success according to Brad. They don't need WOW numbers. They are not working with a WOW budget. 
    Even for AAA mainstream titles subscription model is unsustainable. 150k subs for Pantheon is awfully delusional.
    Yet CCP/EVE manages to do so, weird isn't it?

    FFXIV, SWTOR, L1, heck maybe even AA or BDO likely have that many subs or patrons.

    Give players a game with features they really want for which there few options and people will pay for it.

    $15 a month just isn't that much money.

    To be fair, though, you're quoting AAA titles and EVE, who was once the second most subbed game is now seeing subscriptions fall off to 2012 levels. I agree with both @Gdemami and @blueturtle13 though. I agree that 150k subs is delusional, but I agree with BlueTurtle that 150k is probably the absolute, best-case scenario cap for a niche market. So it really comes down to this, "Will Pantheon be the greatest game of all time?" That's how Pantheon gets to 150k subs. The problem is the North American market. Nobody wants to pay for shit! Has there even been an MMO that's lasted 1 year on the subscription-only model in the last 5 years? Shit, SWTOR didn't even make it a year, did it? 

    This game won't fly in the massive Asia-Pacific market, because it's being designed specifically for the North American market, so it should be interesting to see if America will step up and make MMOs great again in 2017!
    Well yeah, I'm not sure they'll be able to provide an acceptable level of quality or game play to gain enough traction to get 150K people paying a sub.

    So he was right, probably delusional at this point. 

    ;)


    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Kyleran said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Kyleran said:
    Gdemami said:
    I think it will do fine. Well enough for Brad and Co to consider it a success. It is a niche game within a niche genre so I would project 150,000 to 225,000 average subs at best. Which is a success according to Brad. They don't need WOW numbers. They are not working with a WOW budget. 
    Even for AAA mainstream titles subscription model is unsustainable. 150k subs for Pantheon is awfully delusional.
    Yet CCP/EVE manages to do so, weird isn't it?

    FFXIV, SWTOR, L1, heck maybe even AA or BDO likely have that many subs or patrons.

    Give players a game with features they really want for which there few options and people will pay for it.

    $15 a month just isn't that much money.

    To be fair, though, you're quoting AAA titles and EVE, who was once the second most subbed game is now seeing subscriptions fall off to 2012 levels. I agree with both @Gdemami and @blueturtle13 though. I agree that 150k subs is delusional, but I agree with BlueTurtle that 150k is probably the absolute, best-case scenario cap for a niche market. So it really comes down to this, "Will Pantheon be the greatest game of all time?" That's how Pantheon gets to 150k subs. The problem is the North American market. Nobody wants to pay for shit! Has there even been an MMO that's lasted 1 year on the subscription-only model in the last 5 years? Shit, SWTOR didn't even make it a year, did it? 

    This game won't fly in the massive Asia-Pacific market, because it's being designed specifically for the North American market, so it should be interesting to see if America will step up and make MMOs great again in 2017!
    Well yeah, I'm not sure they'll be able to provide an acceptable level of quality or game play to gain enough traction to get 150K people paying a sub.

    So he was right, probably delusional at this point. 

    ;)



    Well SotA is another prime example of this. Is SotA THAT bad? Or is it that people were sooooooo hyped about it that they ended up setting unrealistic expectations for the game? I fear that Pantheon could end up suffering the same fate if we continue to on the hype train. Let's make games great again in 2017 and board the realism train :) 


    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,266
    edited February 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Yet CCP/EVE manages to do so, weird isn't it?
    EVE released in 2003.
    EVE needed years to get that number.
    EVE was top notch graphics, highly polished game when it launched.
    EVE had/has no competition.
    EVE, just like WOW, is an outlier case(yeah, I know you have issues with those and deduction in general) that managed to get steady sub growth over the years.

    Pantheon is no way near position EVE got when it launched.

    iirc, VR are aiming for 30-50k subs, which is somewhat realistic but imo still grossly optimistic.

    Kyleran said:
    Give players a game with features they really want for which there few options and people will pay for it.
    That is the thing, Pantheon seems to be collecting all the things players do not want and left behind...
  • FeyshteyFeyshtey Member UncommonPosts: 136
    edited February 2017
    Gdemami said:
    Kyleran said:
    Give players a game with features they really want for which there few options and people will pay for it.
    That is the thing, Pantheon seems to be collecting all the things players do not want and left behind...

     I'm not familiar with the council of gamers that have declared what all gamers want. Could you point me to their website? Or to any of their objective polls that show all are in agreement with you? 

    -Feyshtey-

  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,266
    Feyshtey said:
     I'm not familiar with the council of gamers that have declared what all gamers want.
    It is called market.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,182
    edited February 2017
    Feyshtey said:
    Gdemami said:
    Kyleran said:
    Give players a game with features they really want for which there few options and people will pay for it.
    That is the thing, Pantheon seems to be collecting all the things players do not want and left behind...

     I'm not familiar with the council of gamers that have declared what all gamers want. Could you point me to their website? Or to any of their objective polls that show all are in agreement with you? 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    his^  mine>
     
    I think it's important to point out that a lot of what gets discussed here, has not been officially decided on as being implemented into the game. Things like death penalties are still somewhat up in the air it seems.

    That said, it's no secret it was a push by players that did away with things like corpse runs, regression, mob camping, open free for all dungeons etc... Most of that push took place pre-WOW. WOW simply took many of those steps farther. 

    I remember the hardcore push to rid SWG of corpse runs as an example, as well as the many complaints about fighting over mobs/bosses/ dungeons in early MMORPGs. Those were some of the main complaints about the genre back then, as well as bemoaning mob grinding and wanting it replaced with something of more substance (hence questing).... 

    Was everyone complaining about those things? Probably not... Yet it was enough to push for major changes in the design of these games going forward.

    For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson


  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,493
    edited February 2017
    Gdemami said:
    Kyleran said:
    Yet CCP/EVE manages to do so, weird isn't it?
    EVE released in 2003.
     - Irrelevant, MMORPG landscape is more of a wasteland today than back then.
    EVE needed years to get that number.
     -True. May take this title the same.
    EVE was top notch graphics, highly polished game when it launched.
    - Being it has limited graphics not surprising what they had was good.
    EVE had/has no competition.
     -How many other PVE centric, old school MMORPGs are currently in development besides this one?
    EVE, just like WOW, is an outlier case(yeah, I know you have issues with those and deduction in general) that managed to get steady sub growth over the years.
     -They are outliers true, doesn't mean this title can't be. BTW, once you start with the insults and LOLs I know you've run out of of valid points to make. (basically I "win") ;)

    Pantheon is no way near position EVE got when it launched.
     -Hard to say, the opportunity is there, not sure they can pull it off however.

    iirc, VR are aiming for 30-50k subs, which is somewhat realistic but imo still grossly optimistic. 
     -We agree on something! VR is a non starter in my book, gamers are basically lazy and don't want to be moving all about.

    Kyleran said:
    Give players a game with features they really want for which there few options and people will pay for it.
    That is the thing, Pantheon seems to be collecting all the things players do not want and left behind...
    So you say. I am currently playing online with 4000 others in an old school DAOC shard who are all there for its design.

    No, doesn't mean this game will get 150K, but you never know.

    You know what is really strange? You are one of the only posters who can make me take an optimistic position on a game I'll likely never play. :p

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited February 2017
    "I'll say it again, Pantheon will be huge..."

    ...said at least one person on MMORPG.com about every single game listed on the site.  

    ______________________________________________________________________
    ~~ postlarval ~~

  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,766
    "I'll say it again, Pantheon will be huge..."

    ...said at least one person on MMORPG.com about every single game listed on the site.  

    Scarlet Blade likes to have a word with you...

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

    Kyleran on yours sincerely 


    'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

    Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...



    'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

    It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

    It is just huge resource waste....'

    Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

  • LoudWisperLoudWisper Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Distopia said:
    Feyshtey said:
    Gdemami said:
    Kyleran said:
    Give players a game with features they really want for which there few options and people will pay for it.
    That is the thing, Pantheon seems to be collecting all the things players do not want and left behind...

     I'm not familiar with the council of gamers that have declared what all gamers want. Could you point me to their website? Or to any of their objective polls that show all are in agreement with you? 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    his^  mine>
     
    I think it's important to point out that a lot of what gets discussed here, has not been officially decided on as being implemented into the game. Things like death penalties are still somewhat up in the air it seems.

    That said, it's no secret it was a push by players that did away with things like corpse runs, regression, mob camping, open free for all dungeons etc... Most of that push took place pre-WOW. WOW simply took many of those steps farther. 

    I remember the hardcore push to rid SWG of corpse runs as an example, as well as the many complaints about fighting over mobs/bosses/ dungeons in early MMORPGs. Those were some of the main complaints about the genre back then, as well as bemoaning mob grinding and wanting it replaced with something of more substance (hence questing).... 

    Was everyone complaining about those things? Probably not... Yet it was enough to push for major changes in the design of these games going forward.
    its all nostalgia goggles now 
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    lahnmir said:
    "I'll say it again, Pantheon will be huge..."

    ...said at least one person on MMORPG.com about every single game listed on the site.  

    Scarlet Blade likes to have a word with you...

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir

    Ummmmm, it was huge. Well it has physics for huge things anyway. I was as surprised as anyone when that failed. 

    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Kyleran said:
    Gdemami said:

    iirc, VR are aiming for 30-50k subs, which is somewhat realistic but imo still grossly optimistic. 
     -We agree on something! VR is a non starter in my book, gamers are basically lazy and don't want to be moving all about.


    Oh, Kyleran, you silly cat... :lol:
Sign In or Register to comment.