Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online 2017 Player Profiles

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited January 2017 in Black Desert Online
2017 is here so lets get it started correct. I know we have some Black Desert players here.

Post a pic of your character with name,  level / class, and server ( EU or NA).  

Mikeha, 36 Tamer, NA

Still learning the game but always willing to help another player. 

I love my Tamer.  =)

Comments

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Ioci, Sorceress. NA
    2 hrs ago she was level 18, now she is 22 so that one is in flux.
    She is a pain train! I f*cking Love Sorc girl!!!

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited January 2017

My badass 56 Warrior with my spanking new Costume

My sneaky 52 Ninja

My deadly 45 Musa

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I only have basic armour I did not buy any costumes so no point putting mine up.

edited January 2017
    kitarad said:
    I only have basic armour I did not buy any costumes so no point putting mine up.
    I didn't buy the costumes with real money, I bought it at the AH :)
    You should put some screens anyway, it's not about costumes.
    Here a screen of my warrior with basic armor (Grunil).

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    For such good graphics,i would fire the guys making some of those hairdos they look terrible.

The costumes  look colorful and nice with lots of separation and detail in them.
    That character with the sheepish grin,he looks like i wouldn't trust him for as far i could throw him :P

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Thanks for the post guys. 

My Tamer does not have a costume yet either but I still think she looks cool. 
    edited January 2017
    DMKano said:
    ste2000 said:

Hey 1 viable end game class out of 3 is pretty good.
    You referring to the Warrior?
    Because I was playing a Warrior when everyone was quitting, crying about how shit this class was.
    Now with the Awakening weapon everyone wants to play it.
    I chose the warrior because it was the most difficult to play, I always go with the most broken classes when I play MMOs.
    I hope they nerf it, I can play a warrior even when it is bad, no prob.
    I even came up with a new technique that doesn't involve using Shield Skills, basically while 99% of Warriors was using Guard as a defensive Skill I was using Evade instead and I made Warrior work.
    I play games for the challenge as I said many times, I don't like to win easy.

But the beauty of BDO is that there is no end game, so I am not sure what do you mean by that.
    That's what I like about BDO, you chose what your end game is, you are not forced to do anything that you don't want to.

• LicktySpltLicktySplt Member CommonPosts: 2
    Just signed up for the 7 day trial.  In between games waiting for some of the new "hot" games to come out!
  • Paulolino34Paulolino34 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    edited January 2017
    My lvl 56 Witch soon to be 57, EU(2nd pic)
    And my lvl 50 Tamer.
    Don't have any pictures of my lvl 53 Zerker tho, he fugly ^^
    Just signed up for the 7 day trial.  In between games waiting for some of the new "hot" games to come out!
    You gonna be addicted to this game for a good couple of months at least.
    This game is so different from everything else I played before.
    Even though there are plenty of broken features (PvE, AH, RNG) I still love it.

Pearl Abyss should wake the fuck up and realize they have a rough gem in their hands and fix that awful PvE instead of focusing on PvP, this game would triple its player base.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Okay I have no costumes too here goes

Chamber of Chains
  • TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280

53 Kunoichi in the christmas present from a friend! In my 16 years of mmoing, she's the first melee I've ever played past about 20. Hope to have her awakened by the weekend.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Image result for picking flowers in orgrimmar dancing wow

End game in WoW.
    Chamber of Chains
    Nice pics you all. 

I will take a real pic of my character when I get home.  ;)
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Brandye, 56 Witch, NA.  Currently stuck on pirate island for a couple weeks until she gets 58.

edited January 2017
    DMKano said:

Because BDO is a PvP game by design - alpha 1.0 had PvP enabled at level 15.
    This is before Daum stepped in and invested money and changed the direction of BDO forever.
    BDO was going to have open world housing, open world PvP after level 15, full player to player trade and players would be able to ambush and steal goods from player trade wagons.
    So as you see the core design of BDO is PvP focused game. The shift to PvE elements happened after Daum, but its half-baked because the core design remains PvP.
    Open world bosses in BDO are terrible as far as gameplay mechanics, the PvE mass slaughter faceroll for most of the game, the PvP (when not bugged) is the best aspect of BDO.
    Ancillary systems are fun for a few weeks (horse breeding, fishing, knowledge, trade etc...) but they get boring and have no staying power.
    PvP however when not ruined by server lag is very good.
    For once I agree with you.

All I am saying though is that after Valencia, which is a PvP expansion, Pearl Abyss should seriously think about fixing and expanding BDO PvE content with the next expansion.

PvE is seriously fucked in this game, yet I am still addicted to it somehow.
    If they could work on the PvE for the next year, this game will be a serious contender for one of the best MMORPG released in the last 10 years.

DMKano said:

I was referring to PvP as in sieges and nodes, and general guild ganking.

BDOs end game is PvP - which means gotta be 56 at least (for awakening) and you need to have at least +18 end game gear to be viable (and also need to play a viable PvP class as in Ranger, Sorc, Warrior, Zerk)

As far as saying BDO has no end game because you are not forced to to anything you dont want to - you could say this about ANY game.

Just because nobody forces you to go beyond level 5 in WoW and you chose to just skip and jump around Orgrimmar doesnt mean that there is no end game.
    See, I don't play MMOs for the same reason you do.
    I don't care being the best at everything, so I don't choose my characters class or build to fit with the "I win" crowd.

I play for a challenge and for fun, I don't follow the others as I play MMOs the way it suits my style.
    I don't like Warriors being overpowered as I was one of the few ones that could actually play him, now I am like everyone else.
    I hope they nerf it.

edited January 2017
    This is not my character but I just love what this person did with the Snowflake costume.

A player on Reddit posted this.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    kitarad said:
    Not at all, some of the regular armor is quite nice.

When the Dark Knight (black knight? whatever it is) is released I won't use a costume at all as the look of the in game armor is excellent for it.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited January 2017

Name "Sovrath" and lvl 57 Valkyrie. In game now as I was supposed to get 58 this weekend but ended up working on making money.

I didn't make the face, got the template from one of the template websites but changed the hair.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Tsiya nice looking toon there.

Mine nothing fancy

bdo.JPG 441.3K

Wizardry said:
    For such good graphics,i would fire the guys making some of those hairdos they look terrible.

The costumes  look colorful and nice with lots of separation and detail in them.
    That character with the sheepish grin,he looks like i wouldn't trust him for as far i could throw him :P
    Actually the hair can be altered so one's mileage may vary with that. I think there is a bug with hair color in the game, seem to remember someone bringing it up to one of the devs in an interview as it makes hair seem neon.

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    DMKano said:
    ste2000 said:
    You gonna be addicted to this game for a good couple of months at least.
    This game is so different from everything else I played before.
    Even though there are plenty of broken features (PvE, AH, RNG) I still love it.

Pearl Abyss should wake the fuck up and realize they have a rough gem in their hands and fix that awful PvE instead of focusing on PvP, this game would triple its player base.

Because BDO is a PvP game by design - alpha 1.0 had PvP enabled at level 15.

This is before Daum stepped in and invested money and changed the direction of BDO forever.

BDO was going to have open world housing, open world PvP after level 15, full player to player trade and players would be able to ambush and steal goods from player trade wagons.

So as you see the core design of BDO is PvP focused game. The shift to PvE elements happened after Daum, but its half-baked because the core design remains PvP.

Open world bosses in BDO are terrible as far as gameplay mechanics, the PvE mass slaughter faceroll for most of the game, the PvP (when not bugged) is the best aspect of BDO. 

Ancillary systems are fun for a few weeks (horse breeding, fishing, knowledge, trade etc...) but they get boring and have no staying power.

PvP however when not ruined by server lag is very good.
    My main gripe with the game is that you have to grind pve content for weeks until, you know, you can actually PVP in a pvp game. All the ancillary systems that people rave about are pretty boring once you realize there is very little depth to them. Also they kind of market this game as a sandbox MMO, for me there was nothing sandbox about it really, felt like every other themepark out there, except the story was dumb. I also can't stand character armor in this game. Why do the NPCs actually have medieval armor and the player characters all wear that horrible Korean cash shop armor? I thought this game was supposed to have a medieval setting? 
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    I don't have any glamor shots, so here's a random picture of my character's primary activity.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited January 2017
    Now I see why you guys love BDO. You like to play dress up as fantasy girls. (Except for that very flamboyant male warrior.) Thanks for sharing the pics and I'm glad you guys are having fun.

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    d_20 said:
    Now I see why you guys love BDO. You like to play dress up as fantasy girls. More power to you!

BDO is kind of horrible for playing Barbie TBH. GW2 is a much better choice for playing dress up.