Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help new computer crashing. MOBO returned thanks everyone.

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Iselin said:
    filmoret said:
    I wonder if its possible that the Nvidia driver is just a copy/paste of the realtek driver.  Which would explain why they are both crashing.
    Can you just try one thing? Right click on your Windows 10 logo and go to control panel > programs > uninstall a program.

Uninstall both your realtek driver and the nVidia graphics driver. Reboot your computer. (I'm assuming at this point that you do not have a separate sound card in one of your PCI slots - if you do, remove that first and uninstall its driver also.)

Does your sound work now?

Yea it works using some default hd audio driver.  But it still crashes after a while.

Quizzical said:
    I'd try seeing if you can disable the integrated sound in the BIOS.  That will give you some more options to check, and will probably prevent Windows from automatically installing anything for it.
    Yea I disabled sound in bios and it still crashes when nvidia sound is enabled.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    I'm returning the motherboard.  Thanks everyone for the help.  Now speaking to newegg and don't know if its a real person or a program....   My original payment method I no longer have so I need the return to be store credit.  Man the stuff I went through for this.   And yes I'm getting a different motherboard not the same one again.

thanks again everyone
    Torval said:
    That's a pretty good idea at this point fil. Let us know how it goes. What board did you choose?
    I haven't picked one out yet.  Gotta wait for the store credit first.
  • 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    edited December 2016
    filmoret said:
    13lake said:
    what power supply did you buy ?
    They were suppose to have EVGA but noone could find it.  So I went with the generic  Thermaltake
    I hope it's at least smart SE/SPS :), the cheaper ones well, they like to send their 1 and 0 with indian smoke signals instead of copper wire, ...

The SE/SPS at least have nicely sleeved cables with the modular version
    Post edited by 13lake on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    This story is why I don't build my computers but prefer others to do so. (and why I always buy the longest warranty possible)

It's only money...... 

Hope the next Mobo works out beter.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited December 2016
    Kyleran said:
    This story is why I don't build my computers but prefer others to do so. (and why I always buy the longest warranty possible)

It's only money...... 

I usually don't build it myself but pick the parts. Where I go, they only take 50 euro to build it and they make it in 1-2 days and cover all the wires and such for ventilation.

Still wiser than purchasing a readily built one that usually has some crappy parts.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Kyleran said:
    This story is...
    ...prime example of how not to do things.
    Kyleran said:

It's only money...... 

It's all a matter of do you have the capability to cross-test components. If you have extra components lying around or can go to a friend to do so, you can rule out what's the issue really fast.

Also a computer repair shop that does the actual work for almost all computer part companies around here accepts individual people coming in with a computer part or multiple within a warranty and skipping red tape to have them examined and possible repaired/sent to the seller for replacement.

And all that for a modest ~15 euro fee (and finish much faster than the deadline the seller gives you)

They also accept parts outside of warranty to test them for you for even cheaper.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Gdemami said:
    Kyleran said:
    This story is...
    ...prime example of how not to do things.
    A good learning experience though
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2016
    Maybe that mobo had issues. When you get your next mobo, make sure you don't install Nvidia audio, just use your mobo's audio drivers. They(Nvidia audio driver) always messed up my system until i removed them. Such irony that Nvidia drivers are the bad ones now, eh?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Ridelynn said:
    A good learning experience though
    Now it's getting ridiculous, you think he's gonna learn!
    One thing I didn't try was EUFI bios mode.  This might have solved the problem.  I would have had to reinstall windows to get it working maybe even have to do clean install.  EUFI is windows version of bios basically.
    edited January 2017
    reinstalling windows was the most important step in between driver installation and windows driver update settings changes to get the sound stable, ...

full troubleshooting of your problem would have required a couple of full os disk wipes at the very least, ...
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Have always bought and built my own since the 90's, was more of a PITA then (although that RIVA 128 when it first came out...saweeeeet!)

Hopefully this was a learning experience for him and he'll do better during his next build, if not buy picking your parts and get a warranty.
    13lake said:
    reinstalling windows was the most important step in between driver installation and windows driver update settings changes to get the sound stable, ...

full troubleshooting of your problem would have required a couple of full os disk wipes at the very least, ...
    Some people learn by doing, some by watching, others by researching, some by asking for advice. And then there's those special ones that only learn by jabbing the hot poker directly into their face.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    filmoret said:
    One thing I didn't try was EUFI bios mode.  This might have solved the problem.  I would have had to reinstall windows to get it working maybe even have to do clean install.  EUFI is windows version of bios basically.
    Dude... first of all, it's Unified Extensible Firmware Interface or UEFI not EUFI.

Second it's not magic.

The only difference the typical user would ever notice is that you can use your mouse, they can have nice or ugly GUIs depending on the vendor, and they do work nicer with Windows to boot much, much faster.

If you have HDs with zBytes of storage or run more that 4 operating systems, yeah, you might notice the technical differences. But in your case with your weird sound problems? Nope, that wasn't it.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Ridelynn said:
    13lake said:

Some people learn by doing, some by watching, others by researching, some by asking for advice. And then there's those special ones that only learn by jabbing the hot poker directly into their face.
    I thanked you for your help and even followed a lot of what was instructed me.  That doesn't give you the right to act like I'm an idiot.  I guess I was an idiot in the first place for thinking I can come on here asking for help without some trolls to show up eventually.

Sorry but clean install of windows several times is just very bad advice and wasting my time.  If it doesn't work on the second install its pointless to install it again.
    filmoret said:
    Ridelynn said:
    13lake said:

I thanked you for your help and even followed a lot of what was instructed me.  That doesn't give you the right to act like I'm an idiot.  I guess I was an idiot in the first place for thinking I can come on here asking for help without some trolls to show up eventually.

Sorry but clean install of windows several times is just very bad advice and wasting my time.  If it doesn't work on the second install its pointless to install it again.
    I don't think anyone here has any problem at all helping you out. Just think about how much easier your next build will be.

You made it sound like you didn't try a reinstall at all. Driver issues, for whatever reason on Windows, commonly do require a fresh reinstall, because the uninstall program doesn't wipe them all the way out, or Windows decides to reload them after your reboot, or something stupid like that.

Yes, it's annoying,  but it is a very important step, as it can very quickly reveal if you are looking at a hardware or software issue in one big jump. Certainly a lot easier than ripping out the entire motherboard at any rate (which, on many computer builds, I've had to do as well). I would hate for your new motherboard to come in, and then for whatever reason, you have trouble reactivating Windows (because, motherboard swap) and then you get through the 3 hour phone call to fix that, and then your computer goes tits up yet again.

You do enough of these, and you just get a spare hard drive and use that as a fresh install point, rather than formatting and messing up your main drive that you already installed and copied a lot of software over onto.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    Shoulda stuck to windows 7...lol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Asm0deus said:
    I couldn't get a good copy otherwise I would have.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    It's pretty easy to get a "good" copy nowadays it even registers genuine and all ;)

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

edited January 2017
    i forgot to mention that windows 10 has reset windows installation feature, in case booting from a usb and going through first installation steps was a "hassle".

But i get the feeling it wouldn't have made the difference anyway, and that our own Mr.Christopher Columbus here is about to embark on grand new adventures with his laptop and new motherboard.
    After all this post and research around the problem introduced him to grand revelations of inner workings of "stuff", ...
    Post edited by 13lake on
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Asm0deus said:
    Windows 9 is the best version of Windows.  </sarcasm>
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Ridelynn said:
    . I would hate for your new motherboard to come in, and then for whatever reason, you have trouble reactivating Windows (because, motherboard swap) and then you get through the 3 hour phone call to fix that, and then your computer goes tits up yet again.

3 hr???????

Whenever I do a major upgrade and Windows does ask me to activate again, I have to call a number in worst case scenario, I get like 50 digits, I type those in my registration window and the work is done.
    All under 5 minutes.

Granted I do not live in the US currently.

So are you living in some canyon with a satellite that passes by 1/24hrs or so?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Muke said:
    Ridelynn said:
    . I would hate for your new motherboard to come in, and then for whatever reason, you have trouble reactivating Windows (because, motherboard swap) and then you get through the 3 hour phone call to fix that, and then your computer goes tits up yet again.

3 hr???????

Whenever I do a major upgrade and Windows does ask me to activate again, I have to call a number in worst case scenario, I get like 50 digits, I type those in my registration window and the work is done.
    All under 5 minutes.

Granted I do not live in the US currently.

So are you living in some canyon with a satellite that passes by 1/24hrs or so?
    @Muke

If you followed this thread from the very beginning, you'll realize why our usual informative hardware gurus like Quiz and Ridelynn make hyperbolic answers.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.