Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help new computer crashing. MOBO returned thanks everyone.

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
edited December 2016 in Hardware
Ok I just build new computer and for some reason when the sound drivers are turned on they cause it to crash.  This happens when either the onboard sound is turned on or the sound in the video card.  Since they are both separate units I'm thinking that whatever feeds them is the problem.

Event 41  Kernel Power  Critical Error   Windows 10

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the help we didn't get this solved.  I'm returning the motherboard and putting this behind us.  Thank you for everything.
Are you onto something or just on something?
Post edited by filmoret on

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    uninstall the sound card and just reinstall the onboard drivers and see if that works
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Can you be more specific, do you have also a PCIE Sound Card installed?

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    remove win10 instal win7

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Remove win10, install win7.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    The error just tells us that Windows have crashed suddenly, what does windows events log say?
  • NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227
    You are correct, this is related to your soundcard drivers. Try going into device manager and updating the sound driver, or uninstalling it.

You weren't entirely clear on the path that brought you here, or the parts concerned. But, fixing the driver issue is what your goal is.

Good luck.

• LoudWisperLoudWisper Member UncommonPosts: 76
    realtek  
    Nightlite said:
    You are correct, this is related to your soundcard drivers. Try going into device manager and updating the sound driver, or uninstalling it.

You weren't entirely clear on the path that brought you here, or the parts concerned. But, fixing the driver issue is what your goal is.

Good luck.

But the on board card should use different drivers...

One thing to try is to remove the physical card and try with just the onboard, if it is an IRQ crash that would solve it. 

But we seriously need to look on the system log to find out the problem. While it could be a driver issue I am not convinced that it is so. The log will tell us where the problem lies.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Loke666 said:
    Nightlite said:

Good luck.

One thing to try is to remove the physical card and try with just the onboard, if it is an IRQ crash that would solve it. 

But we seriously need to look on the system log to find out the problem. While it could be a driver issue I am not convinced that it is so. The log will tell us where the problem lies.
    You should let him know how to check that as not everyone would know how. I know I wouldn't.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227
    "When you are experiencing the kernel-power 41 (63) error, chances are that your computer’s sound card’s driver software is the problem.

The driver software acts as an interpreter between the hardware and Windows itself. The sound card delivers audio to your computer’s headphones or speakers. It is connected to the motherboard inside the computer."

There is no definitive proof this is driver related, but it is highly likely. If the op were to come back and say he is using a Creative pci card, I would be near 100% sure.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Asm0deus said:
    remove win10 instal win7

Win10 is not bad, you just need to find where shit is to configure it more to your liking.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    To OP, if you're using latest version of sound driver, try earlier version of it and see if same problem still arise.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
    Sovrath said:
    Loke666 said:

You should let him know how to check that as not everyone would know how. I know I wouldn't.
    Well, he could just google that but here is a link (my W10 support is somewhat limited): https://www.digitalmastersmag.com/magazine/tip-of-the-day-how-to-find-crash-logs-on-windows-10/
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Stand by... I will summon the all knowing @Quizzical.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    First thing I would do since it's a newly built computer is go to the motherboard mfg's website and make sure that all the drivers, especially the low-level chipset drivers, are the latest for your MB model/OS.

That's where I have found and resolved most of my newly-built computer problems. After that, you can start on the specific HW add-on component dirvers for your GFX and sound cards if needed.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Iselin said:
    First thing I would do since it's a newly built computer is go to the motherboard mfg's website and make sure that all the drivers, especially the low-level chipset drivers, are the latest for your MB model/OS.

That's where I have found and resolved most of my newly-built computer problems. After that, you can start on the specific HW add-on component dirvers for your GFX and sound cards if needed.
    This right here.  Go to the manufaturers website and get all of the latest chipset drivers and BIOS updates and apply them.  The biggest culprit for crashes right after a new build is either hardware, which most likely isn't the problem here, or drivers.

Additionally, the actual exception code found in the windows event viewer would be really helpful.  It will look something like '0x00000f4' or similar.
  • CodeBluCodeBlu Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Pick one sound device that you like to use, either the onboard or the PCI device. If you are going to use the PCI device go to your BIOS setting and disable your onboard sound device. If you're going to use your onboard device then simply take off that PCI sound device that's causing the problem. If you don't want to take it off, go to BIOS setting, disable your onboard, go to device manager, disable your PCI, restart, go to BIOS setting enable the onboard device and it should work just fine.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Im checking various things.   Thanks for all the tips.   I'll get back soon as I got something solid to relay.
    edited December 2016
    IDK if this helps.  But so far I switched the ram around and that did nothing.  Still crashing and causing problems.  At one time the computer wouldn't even boot to bios so I unplugged a few things and simply plugged them back in and it started working again.  I got all the current software for my motherboard.

- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power 
       [ Guid]  {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4} 

EventID 41 

Version 4 

Level 1 

Task 63 

Opcode 0 

Keywords 0x8000400000000002 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2016-12-25T21:38:22.567414700Z 

EventRecordID 1659 

Correlation 

- Execution 

[ ProcessID]  4 
       [ ThreadID]  8 

Channel System 

Computer DESKTOP-83B2PCP 

- Security 

[ UserID]  S-1-5-18 

- EventData 

BugcheckCode 0 
      BugcheckParameter1 0x0 
      BugcheckParameter2 0x0 
      BugcheckParameter3 0x0 
      BugcheckParameter4 0x0 
      SleepInProgress 0 
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I'm not trying to insult your intelligence or anything of the sort, but did you remember to apply thermal paste to your CPU cooler?  Are you using any programs such as CCleaner or RealTemp temperature monitors to see what your temps are?

This exception code you provided (0x8000400000000002) is one of the same ones that Windows will throw if your machine shuts down due to overheating.
    H0urg1ass said:
    I'm not trying to insult your intelligence or anything of the sort, but did you remember to apply thermal paste to your CPU cooler?  Are you using any programs such as CCleaner or RealTemp temperature monitors to see what your temps are?

This exception code you provided (0x8000400000000002) is one of the same ones that Windows will throw if your machine shuts down due to overheating.
    Its showing 59c in bios.  I'll run realtemp to see what is the deal.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    filmoret said:
    H0urg1ass said:

What CPU? That seems on the high side to me unless it's way overclocked.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Sounds like your video card sound is trying to use the same resource as your on board sound. I had similar problem with an Nvidia card. I found uninstalling the audio driver for Nvidia helped.
    Iselin said:
    filmoret said:
    H0urg1ass said:

What CPU? That seems on the high side to me unless it's way overclocked.
    I meant 49c.  What i've been messing with is power consuption.  I have turned off everything on the mobo that I'm not using.  Its possible the power supply is just being overused and its causing the computer to reboot.  Right now there has been zero crashes since I turned everything off.  Waiting now to see if that fixed it.  I should have an extra 100w out of my power supply but with everything on the entire board turned on idk maybe i calculated it wrong.