Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

48 hour free fly trial for everyone (2.6, which now includes Star Marine)

13»

Comments

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    edited December 2016
    There is no finished product. The development of the game "is" the product. The industry realized years ago people would pay for alpha/beta access and this is the result of it. People are paying hundreds to thousands of dollars to participate in the development process. People are paying a monthly sub to produce the game's development process's infomercials. What you you're paying for, while you think you're paying for a game, is actually the development process.

There is no "game" (yet), there is the production of a "game". That is the product for which you are paying. Not sure how many different ways I can say it.  You're tricked into believing it's amazing future technology, but it's just the production of a game. "The game" has not even been the product for which you're paying, you have always been paying to watch, participate in, produce the production of a game.

"
    The game" is not B2P because there is not yet a game. "The production of the game" is the product, and people are so caught up, they're defending what they're doing like it's obviously a great idea.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited December 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:
    "The game" is not B2P because there is not yet a game. "The production of the game" is the product, and people are so caught up, they're defending what they're doing like it's obviously a great idea.
    lol there we go again with the cheap attacks, oh you... :p

For all that is factual, the game is B2P, COMPLETELY independent of the Crowdfund the game was already said after release to be selling game packages; you don't have a point there into saying it is F2P.

Independent of the game being yet released or not, nobody but you is stating the game is F2P over your speculation that it will be. No facts, no proof, only what you make up of it inside your head
    MaxBacon said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    "The game" is not B2P because there is not yet a game. "The production of the game" is the product, and people are so caught up, they're defending what they're doing like it's obviously a great idea.
    lol there we go again with the cheap attacks, oh you... :p

For all that is factual, the game is B2P, COMPLETELY independent of the Crowdfund the game was already said after release to be selling game packages; you don't have a point there into saying it is F2P.

Independent of the game being yet released or not, nobody but you is stating the game is F2P over your speculation that it will be. No facts, no proof, only what you make up of it inside your head.
    You believe, or you understand the game to be B2P because the actual product which is B2P is "the production of the game". That is the product. You are not actually giving them money for a game, you get the game for free when it is released. The game is free, the development process is the product for which you are paying.
    edited December 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:
    You believe, or you understand the game to be B2P because the actual product which is B2P is "the production of the game". That is the product. You are not actually giving them money for a game, you get the game for free when it is released. The game is free, the development process is the product for which you are paying.

I'm not understanding, I'm reading what this was IS officially said about the game, since the KS times this game is NOT said to be F2P.

You are on a delusional ride of hate desperately trying to justify with the ToS that the game is free; like that implies anything towards the business model of the game. For all that is implied in there alone SC could as much be a B2P, F2P or even a Subscription game.

Wake up!
    edited December 2016
    MaxBacon said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

I'm not understanding, I'm reading what this was IS officially said about the game, since the KS times this game is NOT said to be F2P.

You are on a delusional ride of hate desperately trying to justify with the ToS that the game is free; like that implies anything towards the business model of the game. For all that is implied there SC could as much be a B2P, F2P or even a Subscription game.

Wake up!
    You are not paying for a game. The product, the thing you are paying for, the thing for which you are giving them money, that thing is the development process.

You wake up. You have it so f'd up, I can set it right in front of you in plain sight and you still don't believe what you're viewing.
    edited December 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:
    You are not paying for a game. The product, the thing you are paying for, the thing for which you are giving them money, that thing is the development process.
    Again, what does whatever terminology in there implies that the business model of the game is going to be F2P, and not B2P or even Subscription-based? You're desperately trying to imply that.

Once again, wake up!

Adjuvant1 said:
    You have it so f'd up, I can set it right in front of you in plain sight and you still don't believe what you're viewing.
    Hmm, must be talking about yourself on that one.
    MaxBacon said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Again, what does whatever terminology in there implies that the business model of the game is going to be F2P, and not B2P or even Subscription-based? You're desperately trying to imply that.

Once again, wake up!
    "...the business model of the development of the game.."

You get the game free. It says that in the TOS. The game is not the product. The development of the game is the product. You are not, ever, paying for the game. You are paying for participation in the development of the game.

This is the last post on the subject. I don't know how else to say it and I'm just repeating myself. It's blatantly obvious, as obvious as the snout on your pig avatar's face. The game is not the product.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    Adjuvant1 said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

Once again, wake up!

You get the game free. It says that in the TOS. The game is not the product. The development of the game is the product. You are not, ever, paying for the game. You are paying for participation in the development of the game.

This is the last post on the subject. I don't know how else to say it and I'm just repeating myself. It's blatantly obvious, as obvious as the snout on your pig avatar's face. The game is not the product.
    I agree with you, Friend!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

edited December 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:

This is just... lol

Again, you dodged the question. Nothing in there implies the business model of the game once it releases of being of F2P, and not B2P or subscription model. Over what terminology is put towards the PLEDGE during the crowdfund.

As the same video you posted before states, "new players would be buying game packages", as such, the B2P model is still currently the stated business model for this game for when it releases.

THAT is the point.
  • OriphusOriphus Member UncommonPosts: 467
    edited December 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:
    There is no finished product. The development of the game "is" the product.
    For Squadron 42 there most certainly will be a finished product and that will be chapters 1 - 3 starting with the release of chapter 1.  The persistent universe will always be in development as long as the game is supported to allow further development and content creation just like any successful MMO. There will be a time however that the PU will move from being a 'pledge to develop' product to a 'minimum viable' product aka as an MMO launch where further funding of development will be covered (in current plans) by starter packages (b2p) and micro transactions (RL cash for in game gold).

As for your statement of people being tricked, that is just laughable, no one is being tricked about anything. The whole point of the pledge is to give CIG the ability to produce the game. 
    :)
    "Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
    edited December 2016
    @Oriphus the really silly thing about this is that he used the pledge and the ToS terminologies to claim that game IS free.

Yet at the same time, SQ42 is ran by the same PLEDGE and the same ToS; that'd be implying SQ42 is going to be a F2P game... or admit that the terminology on the ToS does NOT imply shit jack towards the business model of the game will have. ;)
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Mensur said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Maybe if you spending money on a game you would learn to appreciate it.
    What this guy said!

• OriphusOriphus Member UncommonPosts: 467
    MaxBacon said:
    @Oriphus the really silly thing about this is that he used the pledge and the ToS terminologies to claim that game IS free.

Yet at the same time, SQ42 is ran by the same PLEDGE and the same ToS; that'd be implying SQ42 is going to be a F2P game... or admit that the terminology on the ToS does NOT imply shit jack towards the business model of the game will have. ;)
    He is trying to use semantics and misdirection to create a narrative to reduce potential funding, but he sucks at it, not as bad as his psychobabble, but still bad. Desperation always stinks.
    :)
    "Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Kefo said:
    Torval said:
    Kefo said:
    randomt said:
    30 gig download though, so if your  net is slow, probably not worth the time, with only 2 days of open access lol
    Still have to re-download the entire game every time there is a patch? or have they actually figured out how the rest of the world does it?
    It's not a release product so quit finding stupid stuff to bitch about just to be negative. The rest of the industry isn't that great at patching either so get over it.
    Really? Because games I was alpha testing over 10 years ago could figure this stuff out yet CIG can't after 4+ years of dev?
    I've tested plenty of games new and old... where you had to re-download the client, it's not that out of the ordinary. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Just saying sorry to all the noobs that I killed during the free2play 48h!

o7
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Distopia said:
    Kefo said:
    Torval said:
    Kefo said:
    randomt said:
    30 gig download though, so if your  net is slow, probably not worth the time, with only 2 days of open access lol
    Still have to re-download the entire game every time there is a patch? or have they actually figured out how the rest of the world does it?
    It's not a release product so quit finding stupid stuff to bitch about just to be negative. The rest of the industry isn't that great at patching either so get over it.
    Really? Because games I was alpha testing over 10 years ago could figure this stuff out yet CIG can't after 4+ years of dev?
    I've tested plenty of games new and old... where you had to re-download the client, it's not that out of the ordinary. 
    I agree that some just make you redownload the entire client but others would actually just patch the files that were changed once you started getting bigger updates.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Anyone with problems about download sizes could just step back and let the alpha testing for the alpha testers and wait for the Beta or better the gold release.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited December 2016
    Kefo said:
    Distopia said:
    Kefo said:
    Torval said:
    Kefo said:
    randomt said:
    I agree that some just make you redownload the entire client but others would actually just patch the files that were changed once you started getting bigger updates.
    Sure, that's true, I'd also agree it can be an annoyance. For testing events like this though it's not that big of a deal, as you only have to do it so often. For ongoing testing though, I'd rather just wait until release to play rather than suffer that regularly. I can't imagine this client is small..
    Post edited by Distopia on

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Distopia said:
    Kefo said:
    Distopia said:
    Kefo said:
    Torval said:
    Kefo said:
    randomt said:
    Sure, that's true, I'd also agree it can be an annoyance. For testing events like this though it's not that big of a deal, as you only have to do it so often. For ongoing testing though, I'd rather just wait until release to play rather than suffer that regularly. I can't imagine this client is small..

its something like 30+ gigs and if you go back in this forum you can see people complaining about having to redownload it often.