Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you actually create an avatar with a body as deformed as the one in this ad?

GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
edited December 2016 in Black Desert Online
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited December 2016
    Copy / pasta oops.  I copied the image from the BDO ad instead of the image link.  Fixed.  Essentially a woman with severe scoliosis and unequal arm lengths.

http://cdn3.cpmstar.com/cached/creatives/998810/ran_336x768.jpg

Can't modify the original post body.  Actually the edit button is in a weird location.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Aori said:
    sketchylink its being blocked.
    In other words you're using an ad blocker.  
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    Ublock say No.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    The answer is NO. You can create characters with big hips, big boobs, and/or a big caboose, but the animation will not allow you to turn your character's torso in the manner depicted in the ad.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Imgur version:

• DreadToothDreadTooth Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Grunty said:

Sadly, I was thinking the same thing when I first saw it.

Currently Playing:

Fallout 4 (Xbox One)

Puzzle Pirates (PC)
    Dreadtooth on Emerald Ocean

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    No. You can't make ridiculous abominations. Well... you can... but not to that extreme.
    It wouldn't work with the costumes and stuff.

Also, that ad isn't anything official, or pop-up blockers wouldn't be catching it. It's the same crap League of Angels does all the time. Using another game as clickbait to get you to their site.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited December 2016
    How else are you going to keep players interested who have no chance of ever going on a date, getting married, or having sex?

Other than their "special" friend who comes with a bicycle pump.

BDO knows what sells and who they're selling to.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    DMKano said:
    There is no way to make asymetric body modification (example: one large leg, one atrophied leg)

Or displaced hip bones like in the original image.

all the body changes are limited and must adhere to 100% vertical symmetry. 

Face changes are a lot more permissive, still cant do anything radical (like rotating your head 180 degrees to have your face on the back of your head).
    Something I'm very glad for.

I detested the ridiculous looking characters that ran around in Aion (to give one example).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/