Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How would you rate Rogue One?

2»

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    ApexTKM said:

To me, in comparison to VII, I'd say this one had better acting / casting and a more gritty feel, but felt less star warsy. 

My order of preference for the 8 films now stands at:

1. Return of the Jedi
    2. A New Hope
    3= Force Awakens
    3= Rogue One
    5. Empire Strikes Back
    6. Phantom Menace
    7. Revenge of the Sith
    8. Attack of the Clones

I know most people say Empire is the best, but honestly I get bored after Hoth. It has a great story line, introduces Yoda, proper training, the bounty hunters etc, but it lacks replayability. Once you've seen the film a few times, the second half of Empire just lets me down every time. 
    I will always have the post-return of the jedi timeline sequential movies like 7, 8, 9, rated last just because disney took the easy way out and copy and pasted the same story with different names and characters and their style of story telling is outdated its like going back to the first time television movies came out and hollywood now still using the same style from those first tv movies. Eventually your going to have to modernize the story.

"star warsy" This is what people need to get out of their heads imo and open their mind up star wars is about the universe, not exactly what they show you every time in SW 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,clone wars,rebels(imo they should all be called brainwash star wars). What has yet to be seen and written is part of star wars its not always about the sith and jedi anymore its more complex now.

There can be alot done with this franchise with their own version of a Law and Order series etc. but they choose not to do it for some reason because they want to continue copy and pasting outdated formulas and afraid of trying something new. I'm a huge star wars fan but not necessarily all of their movies and their old ones, at least some parts of it. Simply because I disagree with the way they are writing the lore. These star wars standalone movies now are a first step at least to start trying something different. Theres different type of star wars fans, the fanbase is somewhat split, its how its always been since the prequels came out etc.

If you mean open up to all those books they wrote to make a buck off the franchise.  NO THANK YOU.  And if you suggest there are a few gold nuggets in their that doesn't make up for the rest of the dung heap.  The books are for the fan boys who will just buy anything.  Not me.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    filmoret said:
    I have mixed feelings about the film. I'm a big star wars fan and still loved it, but there were significant problems that made the film really jarring. 

2) CGI / Old Characters

I understand the need for it, but Tarkin and Leia looked awful as did their voices along with Vadars. 
    I agree that Vader's voice was strange.  But man give Leia a break the woman is like 80 years old and they basically gave her makeup to look like she was 20 again.  Having the original Leia was worth it to me.  They easily could have went with an entirely different person and used CG to make her look like Leia.
    Um, I maybe wrong but I thought that Leia was entirely CGI in Rogue One. No amount of makeup would have taken Carrie Fisher from aged 60 back to age 20. Her body has simply changed too much, as it would for anyone else. 
    Now that I looked it up they used a different actress.  IDK why they did such a bad job on the face when all they had to do was the backside and we woulda got the point.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    I rate it high... (8 - 9) 
    Much better than Episode IV 2.0 AKA "The Failure Awakens" 
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Shinami said:
    I can't rate it at all.  Episode 7 was such a terribly written movie that I just lost all interest and haven't bothered to pay any attention to Rogue One.

Maybe I'll check it out on Netflix one day if I've got nothing better to do.  The pure drivel of the last one really just killed any anticipation I had for the Disney franchise rebirth.  I guess I'm not a big enough fan that I'm willing to stick with something after it lets me down.
  • ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Shinami said:
    Yea. Why does it seem like Star Trek loves to explore the unknown and yet star wars wants to explore the known. Yes I understand they are expanding the lore by introducing these other planets but why is it the same formula over and over again. In a lot of cases they are recycling material if I were to get hired by disney to be a writer I would probably get fired shortly after cause they would be upset its not like the original.

Sorry for the little rant, its just very frustrating to me as a star wars fan to see this star trek show coming out this year, all these marvel shows that have been out, all the DC shows that have been out and no star wars live action tv show. All the new star wars content we get aren't even new in the first place its just copy and paste. It sucks to be a star wars fan lol. At least they are attempting to put out more content for it....I guess?......
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • HushBlushHushBlush Member UncommonPosts: 37
    i have the cd a month ago but have not yet watched it ahaha.. now, it give me interest to watch it since ive read your post. ill watch it later :wink:

Let's Play Ragnarok Journey
  • 13thBen13thBen Member UncommonPosts: 120
    I'll rate it 6