Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

chat room?

Whats up with the chat room no one is ever on.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

The key is to go in and stay in for a while.  If you go to the options page you can set the "doorbell" feature that will tell you when someone enters.

Our logs show hundreds of people go in there every day...but when the don't see anyone else they leave.  Usually once a couple keep in there the momentum keeps it going and before you know if there is 8+ people in there.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    Admin's right... just sit in there... and multitask.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

i would go in but it wont work for me, and i refuse to go back to using internet explorer to go in! is there a quick fix so i can get in using opera?

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

The chat room is 100% Java.  If it will not work in your Opera...that is a major flaw in your Opera browser.

I just tested it with Opera 7.11 and it worked fine.  Maybe it will work for you if you install the latest JRE from Sun Microsystems.  This should override your Java runtime regardless of what web browser you are using.  You can find that here: http://java.sun.com/webapps/getjava/BrowserRedirect?locale=en&host=www.java.com:80

Good luck :)

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

hmmm... still wont work. it says "applet not found" if that makes a difference.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

And it works in IE?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

i said it before and i say it again, if i click ie again i am cursing my pc... or something like that. i suppose ill try.... only for a sec though. who knows wut could get into my mind ::;^d::

- Unknown Author

ok it works in ie, but still not in opera.

- Unknown Author

If I had to guess I would say it is some security setting in Opera that is not allowing the Java code to be downloaded/executed.  You might dig through the security settings and see if you find anything.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by Nizibor
    Whats up with the chat room no one is ever on.

between 8-10 and on weekends between 10-2 its usually packed