Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpha 2.6 Gameplay Trailer - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageAlpha 2.6 Gameplay Trailer - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

Roberts Space Industry has released a new trailer from Star Citizen to show off progress in Alpha 2.6. As the description say, the universe has "more ships, more content, and more to explore".

Read the full story here

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Just give me Squadron 42 please.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Anyone know if there are any new free flight weekends planned.

Need to see how my new rig handles the game =P

This have been a good conversation

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Wow, lets turn the money fest into a H1Z1 in space. Just wow.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited December 2016
    ...but what about more ships for sale? will they ever have more ships for sale? i think they need more ships for sale....
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    "more ships, more content, and more to explore"

Cha Ching!

When are they going to add "a hefty bank account" to the system requirements?

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited December 2016

Cha Ching!

Maybe when it actually is?
    Have you divided the money raised by the number of backers - if you have you'll find the average is not that much. Have some pledged / backed more? No idea. If they have that means some have paid less.

So why are you parroting falsehoods to bash a game in development? Has it caused you harm in some way?

Bottomline: we need all the game developers and all the games we can get. Being critical - fine; bashing though - nah.
  • zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    What happened to the trailer?
    edited December 2016

zimike said:

Indeed. Try here (first couple of minutes anyway) until the link is fixed (I noticed though that the link doesn't work on some other sites as well in searching - curious.)
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    They should focus on fewer things.
    They are trying to do too many things at once and the overall result is quite patchy.
    I hope this game gets done though, as on the paper it looks great.

gervaise1 said:

Bottomline: we need all the game developers and all the games we can get.
    Quality game developers....quality games. We have enough any game developer...any game already, in case you haven't noticed.

BTW, Chris Roberts learned from the greatest "churn 'em and burn 'em" hack of all time: Richard Garriott. Buyer beware.

The industry could do without SC and SotA, IMO.

Now that I'm thinking of it, Roberts could build an actual ship funded my his blind fanboys and send himself and Garriott into space permanently.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

gervaise1 said:

Quality game developers....quality games. We have enough any game developer...any game already, in case you haven't noticed.

BTW, Chris Roberts learned from the greatest "churn 'em and burn 'em" hack of all time: Richard Garriott. Buyer beware.

Now that I'm thinking of it, Roberts could build an actual ship funded my his blind fanboys and send himself and Garriott into space permanently.

how about you let gamers play and pay for what THEY want?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Thane said:

gervaise1 said:

I'm not telling anyone what they should or should not play, genius. Run along now, it's past your bedtime.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    gervaise1 said:

zimike said:

Indeed. Try here (first couple of minutes anyway) until the link is fixed (I noticed though that the link doesn't work on some other sites as well in searching - curious.)
    VIdeo thumbnail is very misleading.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    This game will soon become the most expensive game ever and it will see the "live status" in around 5 years!

Some user has even said to look at SWTOR , because they worked 6 or 7 years on that game and we should not "cry" about SC timeline . Well , didn't replied to that guy ( don't remember why ) , but I am doing now : And look where SWTOR is now!

I do wish this game to be a successful game. Not for Robert, which I don't like the guy at all because, as someone else said, he has the same "work" as Garriott's Brothers . But because of the "suckers" ( no offense ) , who payed for this game !

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Maybe... end of 2017 if we are lucky. They couldn't even show anything from it at the anniversary event so that says a lot about how much progress has been made on it.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• gsgalaxygsgalaxy Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited December 2016
    I didn't back this game many years ago for having spaceship racegame "maps" and first person shooter "maps" (yes - those gameparts will be happening in closed small maps which have no connection at all to the overall persistent universe) - there are already way much better well known racing games and first person shooters on the market - so it's a waste of time and work to put into those separate "modules", instead of focusing all this power on the "space game" it wants to be ... could spare years of developement time !!

Thane said:

gervaise1 said:

I'm not telling anyone what they should or should not play, genius. Run along now, it's past your bedtime.

No?

And your comment about quality is suggesting that SC will not be a "quality" game. So just more negativity.

If you have some valid points please make them. To me it looks like you are simply bashing SC for no valid reason.
    gervaise1 said:

Thane said:

gervaise1 said:

No?

And your comment about quality is suggesting that SC will not be a "quality" game. So just more negativity.

If you have some valid points please make them. To me it looks like you are simply bashing SC for no valid reason.
    I'm a backer of SC (and SotA) and I'm way past the point of outlining reasons for either than them. Both games and their respective companies - if you can call fraudulent money-making schemes "companies" - will get nothing but negativity from me. And since this is a public forum and my opinions are not breaking any rules, I will post whatever I please. If your delicate sensibilities can't handle them, feel free to pass by in silence.

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    edited December 2016

Thane said:

gervaise1 said:

The issue is its all PAY and no play.

Only thing that works beyond a shadow of a doubt is the ability to give them money. Everything after that is delays.....for reasons. Which get thrown back at those paying.

CR is going to have a stellar Christmas. He made 100+ mil and has given back nothing in return other than empty promises.

Hey, maybe CR will be kind enough to give you the opportunity to buy more ships for his christmas this year.
  • lokiboardlokiboard Member UncommonPosts: 229
    I started reading these comments wondering how long it would take to devolve into douchebag crybabies whining their hearts out....Didn't take long @ all.  Happy Holidays to all!   Cheers!

Thane said:

gervaise1 said:

The issue is its all PAY and no play.

Only thing that works beyond a shadow of a doubt is the ability to give them money. Everything after that is delays.....for reasons. Which get thrown back at those paying.

CR is going to have a stellar Christmas. He made 100+ mil and has given back nothing in return other than empty promises.

Hey, maybe CR will be kind enough to give you the opportunity to buy more ships for his christmas this year.
    "CR is going to have a stellar Christmas. He made 100+ mil and has given back nothing in return other than empty promises."

I guess SotA is a bit better in that regard. They made 12+ mil and gave back shit. Roberts must have taken whatever lessons in duping people he learned from Garriott and took them to the next level.

• RedsaltRedsalt Member UncommonPosts: 83

Same. Still waiting.

Redsalt... the other salt.

• donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Still no actual release of anything that resembles a game huh? Well nothing new here. Wasn't SQ42 supposed to be out by now? Guess that's another deadline missed. Can't wait for that new years 2017 ship sale though.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    gervaise1 said:

Cha Ching!

Maybe when it actually is?
    Have you divided the money raised by the number of backers - if you have you'll find the average is not that much. Have some pledged / backed more? No idea. If they have that means some have paid less.

So why are you parroting falsehoods to bash a game in development? Has it caused you harm in some way?

Bottomline: we need all the game developers and all the games we can get. Being critical - fine; bashing though - nah.
    According to RSI they have around 1,686,000 backers (accounts, if you prefer) "pledging" (quotes because to my knowledge CIG tends not to give refunds, and a pledge can normally be withdrawn) an average of $82 each. 

That's an average; many have pledged less, some have pledged thousands and thousands.

Let's take your argument, though, that "the average is not that much"; is what they have delivered so far worth $82 to you?  Forget all the promises, I mean literally what they have right now: is that worth $82?

It's worth considering, imho. I understand that backers are expecting development to continue, but the "idea" behind crowdfunding is to set realistic goals, not "well, let's see how far this goes".

/2c
    MaxBacon

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    filmoret said:
    gervaise1 said:

zimike said:

VIdeo thumbnail is very misleading.
    You cannot drive on planets.  Even though the video makes it look that way.
    Are you onto something or just on something?