Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Knights of the Eternal Throne - TheHiveLeader - Star Wars: The Old Republic Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageKnights of the Eternal Throne - TheHiveLeader - Star Wars: The Old Republic Videos - MMORPG.com

Star Wars: The Old Republic just put out it's newest expansion, Knights of the Eternal Throne. So grab your lightsaber, pick up some power converters, and join TheHiveLeader as he forces his way through it. Puns.

Read the full story here

Comments

• NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Subbed for a month and got 3 days worth of watching cutscenes and a little gameplay going through both KoTFE and KoTET then uninstalled. Got what I expected so I will leave it at that.
  • heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    am done with the story :) it was great now am farming uprisings and trying out story on Veteran mode. great expensjon overal
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited December 2016

Subbed for a month and got 3 days worth of watching cutscenes and a little gameplay going through both KoTFE and KoTET then uninstalled. Got what I expected so I will leave it at that.

You must have played the wrong game then.

[mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    edited December 2016
    Got through KoTFE halfway with my only level 70, a smuggler, guns not my favorite. Leveling up a Force / Lightsaber user instead :-) New stuff seems like Story Telling > battling so sometimes I play another MMO some when I'm in the mood for Medieval / Fantasy MMO.
  • ManuteManute Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Got to play as a Mouse Droid, .... whoopie....not!
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Funny review as always.. just the part about loot boxes was too long and boring.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Story is what SWTOR does best so for me it fulfils the quota I look for.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    LOL at how the hardcore players are always bitching anyway. So true.

But then, the casuals are also always bitching too.

Show me an MMO base that isnt always bitching. It was happening even during Kunark EQ and BC WoW.

And now Im bitching. Damnit HiveLeader.
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

syriinx said:

LOL at how the hardcore players are always bitching anyway. So true.

But then, the casuals are also always bitching too.

Show me an MMO base that isnt always bitching. It was happening even during Kunark EQ and BC WoW.

And now Im bitching. Damnit HiveLeader.

You're welcome.
  • BeerGnomeBeerGnome Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I love you Hivey...always great videos. And now I am feeling a desire to continue working on my incomplete SWTOR story. Too many games, too little time.
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    I tried to go back last month. Lasted a couple of weeks. Not enough MMO in my game unfortunately. I'm glad others are enjoying themselves though.
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    edited December 2016
    I also went back and started leveling a brand new character with my GF and had some fun for a bit. I'm so glad they streamlined the leveling process. It goes so so so much quicker now then when I started at launch. Even with all of that though the questing experience is just way to linear for me.

At the same time though they have the best questing of any MMO, they just need to change the actual objectives of the quests instead of kill this, talk to him, go back where you came and talk to this person, and ok now go back the way you came again to talk to that first person all over again.

Little by little maybe I'll make my way into KOTFE and KOTET someday. Just not an MMO that inspires me to binge play it.
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    edited December 2016
    Gorwe said:

kitarad said:

SWTOR is not about some story and telling some story to us...it is about the story of OUR 8 CHARACTERS. Too bad BW:A forgot that.

It's not that they forgot it's just insanely costly to provide 8 different storylines, unique voicelines, characters, e.t.c and for what? They are all ready reeling in the star wars fanbase in every expansion despite lacking any new class-focused stories.

All in all they'd have to put in helluva lot more effort for just about the same reward. Don't take this the wrong way, though, since I WISHED they'd do it the way you want them to. Trust me, I do. But realistically it wouldn't make sense and they'd receive less funding.
  • feztoniofeztonio Member UncommonPosts: 60
    All they need to do is drop a new raid or two and a couple pvp maps. Then everyone would be happy. Re-raiding through KP and EV six years later for the 9 billionth time isn't cutting it on the mmo side. My entire guild - maybe 30 hardcore players - all bounced half way through KOTFE. I think I only got through chapter 12 or so. We'd all been subbed since launch and now we're scattered across the gaming landscape. All because we were sick of the same raids for year after year.
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405

Gorwe said:

Gorwe said:

kitarad said:

SWTOR is not about some story and telling some story to us...it is about the story of OUR 8 CHARACTERS. Too bad BW:A forgot that.

It's not that they forgot it's just insanely costly to provide 8 different storylines, unique voicelines, characters, e.t.c and for what? They are all ready are reeling in the star wars fanbase in every time despite lack of added class stories so all in all it'd be helluva lot more effort for almost the same reward.

Yes, I know that, but tell me, what sense does KoTxx make to any class except JK or SI? Even JC and SW are off, let alone Tech users.

Besides, about the costly argument, aren't they like one of the most profitable games out there? Not WoW tier, but still very, very profitable. If they had a gut to do what sets them apart(follow through with the classes, or at the very least have much more character involvement), they'd be EVEN MORE RICH. If you want to be a legend, you need to be: a) smart and b) daring. BW:A is DEFINITELY not b).

This line of thinking makes you think where all that money goes to...

They probably should have released the whole thing on consoles that way the SRPG format would have been fine and the super dollar funnels that are console players would have kept the actors and directors in business.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures