Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets Play with RipperX #1 - Guardians of Ember Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageLets Play with RipperX #1 - Guardians of Ember Videos - MMORPG.com

Guardians of Ember has finally hit its Early Access phase of development and our own Ripper X took it out for a spin in his latest Let's Play video.

Read the full story here

Comments

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Thanks for putting this on my radar!
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    edited December 2016
    After roughly ~20hrs i can say; There is some nice Potential in this little Game!
    Even that the Fighting is not that fast paced like Diablo and such.

GFX are nice, Drops are massive and you rly have to look for what you need, Crafting & Harvesting will come, 60+ Dungeons, 58 Regions, Mob Design is nice, Sound fits, Runes for your Armor, PvP.

Knowing that it was already on the Market in Taiwan; Overall, for 20 Bucks it is lots of Fun!!

They had some Issues in regards to Lag and changed Data Center. Also it is mentioned that they get another Fix Live tomorrow!
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    LOL El Lame-oh
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    Movement bothers me though I did make a suggestion for a mouse follow button over direction keys or mouse click.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Looks really good.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

HelloNaia!

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Iselin said:
    Looks really good.
    It has potential, but it's pretty rough. :(

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited December 2016
    Iselin said:
    Looks really good.
    It has potential, but it's pretty rough. :(
    Yeah. I always expect that in Early Access. I was just looking in the Steam forum and saw that they just switched data centers and are trying to get a handle on really bad lag.

What appeals to me is all the extra layers of potential character development and play types beyond the typical ARPG Diablo-like experience. It's not the MMO version of Diablo I'd love to see but it looks worth checking out.

What impressed me the most was that Ripper was too busy enjoying himself to generate a lot of his usual humor :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    First i was excited!

Then i read Runewaker... then i read B2P + cash shop...then i read taiwan servers only...then i read the steam reviews.

Then i wasn't excited anymore.

• VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
    RipperX! Stop making video's seriously, every time you review a game you hype me up to the point i buy it instantly. You are draining my wallet mister! Haha joke of-course! Keep up making awesome reviews and streaming love it!
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I stopped getting interested when I realized they were behind Runes of Magic.