Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Life is Feudal MMO] today is CBT1, someone got some more info or twitch stream?

2»

Comments

  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    edited December 2016
    MaxBacon said:
    I didn't got the luck to get in, had played LiF for long but wanted to come back to play it on the MMO, more persistent, no wipes is perfect for me. :)
    Owners of Life is Feudal:Your Own really get two games for the price of one. Owners will gain access to Wave 2 of beta testing that will occur hopefully Q1 2017.
    Post edited by Saxx0n on
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,506
    It literally looks like the same game, with just more people. I can't see paying again for it. Owners of the original should get it for Free.
    Good Luck thou.

    "My Fantasy is having two men at once...

    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

    ---------------------------

    "A good man can make you feel sexy,

    strong and able to take on the whole world...

    oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."





  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    edited December 2016
    I like the numbers for griefers, the 20 to 1 ratio for negative/positive single event.

    Developers haven't been tough enough on these kinds of punishment in the past, and we've seen it end up as a deathmatch game of sorts instead of a virtual society.


    Do you guys use character or skill levels?  I'd love to see the system further refined to penalize more heavily gankers that do so to players so far and away unable to properly defend themselves, ganking a single, neutral player using 5-man groups, etc.

    Essentially, it would be cool if it were workable to take this a step further in the future by making it "smarter" so to speak by analyzing more about the players than just flags or player associations when it determines an appropriate punishment for gankers.

    I don't know much about this game, but now that it's moving towards a release of the true MMORPG portion, I'm getting more and more interested in trying it, especially seeing the tough and, in some case, permanent punishment for mindless ganking.

    image
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    edited December 2016
    Avanah said:
    It literally looks like the same game, with just more people. I can't see paying again for it. Owners of the original should get it for Free.
    Good Luck thou.
    They do get it for free. I explained that they get access in the post right above yours.

    edit - You could consider Wave 2 beta as a "soft" launch since there will be no wipes after that.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,764
    Saxx0n said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Im curious about this game :awesome:
    Good game for very patient people...
    You don't know grind until you've played LiF. Holy shit...
    Hehe, It does take a lot of work but what we have heard from hundreds and hundreds of players is that they get a huge amount of satisfaction when planning and achieving goals in the game. Many say they have forgotten that feeling because almost all games they have experienced recent just basically "give" you everything for very little effort.

    Life is Feudal:MMO is more like entering and participating in a world than just playing a game.
    I haven't played so I can't comment directly on your game, but it's a good criticism to always keep in mind. It's one of the things that originally drove me from playing Lineage. Short term it may be refreshing, but long term excessive grind can drag a game and community down.

    There is a balance between easy handouts and monumental grind. The problem right now is that much of your player feedback is from those interested in early adoption. A really dangerous echo chamber can evolve from that.

    Again, I've no opinion on where you're at on that spectrum, but progression pace is a very real and valid concern.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    ste2000 said:
    It actually looks very interesting game, but FFA PvP kills it for me.
    Saxx0n said:
    and this is my frustration with this site...Been hearing about this game for quite awhile and it is only now in CB1 phase?
    There are 2 versions of Life is Feudal. We have a 64 player version that has been on steam for quite a while now Life is Feudal:Your Own .
    I highly recommend purchasing LiF:YO, creating your own game, setting it to private and max players to one, tweaking the settings to make it more challenging, and playing single-player. It's a great single-player survival game. Multi-player, not so much. Too many angry little boys with serious mental health issues on the servers I've played on. Unless the MMO version has better mechanics to combat those people, it's going to be just the same.

    There's also a dedicated server you can run locally, available on Steam in the tools section. Tweak it to your heart's content.

    ______________________________________________________________________
    ~~ postlarval ~~

  • ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    edited December 2016
    Torval said:
    Saxx0n said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Im curious about this game :awesome:
    Good game for very patient people...
    You don't know grind until you've played LiF. Holy shit...
    Hehe, It does take a lot of work but what we have heard from hundreds and hundreds of players is that they get a huge amount of satisfaction when planning and achieving goals in the game. Many say they have forgotten that feeling because almost all games they have experienced recent just basically "give" you everything for very little effort.

    Life is Feudal:MMO is more like entering and participating in a world than just playing a game.
    I haven't played so I can't comment directly on your game, but it's a good criticism to always keep in mind. It's one of the things that originally drove me from playing Lineage. Short term it may be refreshing, but long term excessive grind can drag a game and community down.

    There is a balance between easy handouts and monumental grind. The problem right now is that much of your player feedback is from those interested in early adoption. A really dangerous echo chamber can evolve from that.

    Again, I've no opinion on where you're at on that spectrum, but progression pace is a very real and valid concern.
    Asian mmos is the very definition of excessive grind(yea I know I'm generalizing). I thought the mmo I played a long time ago was grindy but once you play a asian mmo its like on another level of grindy so I always tend to avoid asian mmos. So you do have a point I understand what your saying. So even someone like me who likes complex mmos with many layers of grinding doesn't like if the grind is too excessive.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

    But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    ApexTKM said:
    Torval said:
    Saxx0n said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Im curious about this game :awesome:
    Good game for very patient people...
    You don't know grind until you've played LiF. Holy shit...
    Hehe, It does take a lot of work but what we have heard from hundreds and hundreds of players is that they get a huge amount of satisfaction when planning and achieving goals in the game. Many say they have forgotten that feeling because almost all games they have experienced recent just basically "give" you everything for very little effort.

    Life is Feudal:MMO is more like entering and participating in a world than just playing a game.
    I haven't played so I can't comment directly on your game, but it's a good criticism to always keep in mind. It's one of the things that originally drove me from playing Lineage. Short term it may be refreshing, but long term excessive grind can drag a game and community down.

    There is a balance between easy handouts and monumental grind. The problem right now is that much of your player feedback is from those interested in early adoption. A really dangerous echo chamber can evolve from that.

    Again, I've no opinion on where you're at on that spectrum, but progression pace is a very real and valid concern.
    Asian mmos is the very definition of excessive grind(yea I know I'm generalizing). I thought the mmo I played a long time ago was grindy but once you play a asian mmo its like on another level of grindy so I always tend to avoid asian mmos. So you do have a point I understand what your saying. So even someone like me who likes complex mmos with many layers of grinding doesn't like if the grind is too excessive.
    Considering we have a hard cap on skill points in a two tiered system crafting/combat, I do not think we delve into the realm of hideous or anything. We also have a strong emphasis on teamplay and cooperation. You will not be able to be a master of all trades but of only one. The same applies with the combat system and it has a separate point pool as well. 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    edited December 2016
    ste2000 said:
    It actually looks very interesting game, but FFA PvP kills it for me.
    Saxx0n said:
    and this is my frustration with this site...Been hearing about this game for quite awhile and it is only now in CB1 phase?
    There are 2 versions of Life is Feudal. We have a 64 player version that has been on steam for quite a while now Life is Feudal:Your Own .
    I highly recommend purchasing LiF:YO, creating your own game, setting it to private and max players to one, tweaking the settings to make it more challenging, and playing single-player. It's a great single-player survival game. Multi-player, not so much. Too many angry little boys with serious mental health issues on the servers I've played on. Unless the MMO version has better mechanics to combat those people, it's going to be just the same.

    There's also a dedicated server you can run locally, available on Steam in the tools section. Tweak it to your heart's content.

    The alignment system Saxxon mentioned is their deterrent for erratic and mindless behavior.  Attacking players on a whim results in serious alignment point penalties, some of which can be permanent for your character.

    Coupled with a unique monetization model (you pay for each additional character you create), it looks like Saxxon and company are serious about bringing back organic character reputations by providing supplemental game design systems.  I love it, and that system has me very interested in what this game has the potential to become: a virtual society where the rules can be broken, but not without permanent damage to your reputation, both with players and game systems, that you cannot avoid unless you wish to further support development of the game by buying an additional character slot.

    It's clever, and so long as the delicate balance of cost for each slot is monitored and maintained, it seems like an innovative design targeted at curbing mindless ganking and wanton destruction.

    image
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,764
    Being a nefarious murderer in a game like this should be a playable option. It just shouldn't be the same life that an honest citizen or virtuous adventurer has unless I guess they're a government assassin. Or maybe there could be an assassin's guild, but even that would have rules.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    edited December 2016
    I like the assassin idea...  But I would want it to come with rules, just as you say.  The thing is, those same gamers who wanna be the serial killer wouldn't accept the amount of penalties it would take to keep the game from devolving into a gankfest.

    A player murders 10 people, any medieval law would have him executed.  That isn't gonna work here, understandably so as it costs real money to buy a new character (meaning folks would be essentially receiving account bans for ganking).  Maybe in a game that doesn't charge for a new character...

    Jail time won't work because watching your character spend time sitting in jail isn't a game so much as a first world torture technique.

    It's an interesting conundrum, and I like LiF's idea of a permanent deterrent for the most egreg- ahem, the worst offenders. ;)  It works well in tandem with the restriction to one character at a time and the monetization model.  It provides a good deterrent, though it doesn't outright mean your player is unplayable (though it risks just that in effect if the punishment for having a low/negative alignment turns pretty much every thing and place hostile to you).

    It certainly piqued my interest in the game.  I'm considering buying in just to see how the system works right now.

    image
  • LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 646
    I like the assassin idea...  But I would want it to come with rules, just as you say.  The thing is, those same gamers who wanna be the serial killer wouldn't accept the amount of penalties it would take to keep the game from devolving into a gankfest.

    A player murders 10 people, any medieval law would have him executed.  That isn't gonna work here, understandably so as it costs real money to buy a new character (meaning folks would be essentially receiving account bans for ganking).  Maybe in a game that doesn't charge for a new character...

    Jail time won't work because watching your character spend time sitting in jail isn't a game so much as a first world torture technique.

    It's an interesting conundrum, and I like LiF's idea of a permanent deterrent for the most egreg- ahem, the worst offenders. ;)  It works well in tandem with the restriction to one character at a time and the monetization model.  It provides a good deterrent, though it doesn't outright mean your player is unplayable (though it risks just that in effect if the punishment for having a low/negative alignment turns pretty much every thing and place hostile to you).

    It certainly piqued my interest in the game.  I'm considering buying in just to see how the system works right now.
    Played an old MUD 20 years ago that had a prison in place - gear stripped, exp penalized and skills substantially "decayed" while in jail. Person would get out of jail and essentially be about 50% of the character they were and have to continue on from there. Makes sense after you spend X number of months/years eating bread and water, defecating in your own bed and catching every sort of plague known to man.

    So prison can work if games cut out the "torture" part of having to sit and wait and just cut to the end result.
  • vito11vito11 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Saxx0n said:
    MaxBacon said:
    I didn't got the luck to get in, had played LiF for long but wanted to come back to play it on the MMO, more persistent, no wipes is perfect for me. :)
    Owners of Life is Feudal:Your Own really get two games for the price of one. Owners will gain access to Wave 2 of beta testing that will occur hopefully Q1 2017.
    I know that we get it for free, but how do we get in the beta testing? Also they said on the latest LiF post on mmorpg.com that the winners would be announced Jan2nd. But uh.. far as I know no winners have been announced, what gives?
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    edited January 2017
    I was reading the discussion. I am pleased you guys "get it" about pvp, many do not see the forest for the trees when discussing the gank issue.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited April 2017
    Saxx0n said:
    I was reading the discussion. I am pleased you guys "get it" about pvp, many do not see the forest for the trees when discussing the gank issue.
    from a larger perspective I have literally zero interest in competing with other people for any reason. I have zero intrest in any and all pvp of any sort. I get more satisfaction from coporation then I do conflict with human beings which for the most part I dont like anyway (humans), so putting myself into a situation of conflict with them is not productive for my mental health.

    there is that :)

    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

Sign In or Register to comment.