Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Life is Feudal MMO] today is CBT1, someone got some more info or twitch stream?

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,126
Im curious about this game :awesome:


«1

Comments

  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Hey Dragnelus.

    Here is a link to our mmo information lifeisfeudal.com .

    If you have any questions or want to see what the community is discussing you can do that here . 


  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,095
    and this is my frustration with this site...Been hearing about this game for quite awhile and it is only now in CB1 phase?
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    and this is my frustration with this site...Been hearing about this game for quite awhile and it is only now in CB1 phase?
    There are 2 versions of Life is Feudal. We have a 64 player version that has been on steam for quite a while now Life is Feudal:Your Own . Owners of this version gain access to beta testing in Wave 2 and also receive one free character for use in the MMO when we launch.

    The MMO version which you mentioned is beginning another closed beta test session. Players can purchase various game packs to gain early access here . 

    These versions are almost identical except for the scale. One offers a version where you can host your own server and have up to 64 players. The MMO version is hosted on our servers like a traditional MMO and allows up to 10,000 players in a seamless world.

      
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    It actually looks very interesting game, but FFA PvP kills it for me.
    I know you have an Alignement system but it looks exploitable as it was Darkfall one.
    The only MMO PvP I would play would be RvR, GvG, and Good vs Evil, so basically factions set in stone.
    I need to know if the player in front of me is a friend or a foe, I don't like surprises.

    I don't have a problem if a Red Player attacks me and kills me, but I don't like a Blue Player catching me off guard because I think they are friendly.

    My personal opinion, but I think many shares my view, that's why FFA PvP is not popular.
    Good luck anyway, it looks like a nice little game, and I wish all Indie Devs always the best, and great success.

  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    edited December 2016
    ste2000 said:
    It actually looks very interesting game, but FFA PvP kills it for me.
    I know you have an Alignement system but it looks exploitable as it was Darkfall one.
    The only MMO PvP I would play would be RvR, GvG, and Good vs Evil, so basically factions set in stone.
    I need to know if the player in front of me is a friend or a foe, I don't like surprises.

    I don't have a problem if a Red Player attacks me and kills me, but I don't like a Blue Player catching me off guard because I think they are friendly.

    My personal opinion, but I think many shares my view, that's why FFA PvP is not popular.
    Good luck anyway, it looks like a nice little game, and I wish all Indie Devs always the best, and great success.
    Actually it is not really exploitable or at least we "hope" not. There is also going to be a safe area that will be possible to own property "the main starter city". 

    It is viable to gank BUT, it will be soooo extremely difficult most will avoid becoming flagged perma-red at all costs. When you hit about 3 murders of innocent people without managing your karma you will go below -50. Going below -50 karma is "permanent" for your character. The lower your karma upon death the more skill points you lose and also being flagged permanently red "anyone" can attack you with no penalty to "their" karma rating.

    When a gankatron figures out how misrable they have made their life ingame, they will probably choose to purchase a new character.

    The reason I say purchase new character is because you cannot just simply delete your character and make a new one. Life is Feudal:MMO is buy to play. You actually buy a character and not just a slot. This means you have to live with your characters sins.

    You may think this stifles pvp but, we will have complete systems for guild and kingdom warfare. When an "official" war is declared between two rivals, they will not incur alignment penalties when killing each other.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    That's exactly what I was referring to, when I said that Alignment is exploitable.
    All you have to do is being clever with Karma management and you are good to go.
    I don't know how it works in Feudal, but in all other games that adopted this fluctuating Alignment System, gankers mostly managed to stay Blue all the time.
    They would kill twice (while Blue), then they will do something to recover their Karma, then rinse and repeat, with them hardly becoming Red.

    My point is I don't like being attacked by deceit, if I see a blue I assume is friendly and don't expect surprises.
    I don't want to group with him for some PvE thinking is a friend for then being stabbed in the back and lose 2 hours work.
    That's what make people quit those games.
    If I see a Red is fair game, I know what to expect, but in this kind of games you mostly end up being killed by a Blue rather than a Red player.
    At least that's my experience.

  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    edited December 2016
    ste2000 said:
    That's exactly what I was referring to, when I said that Alignment is exploitable.
    All you have to do is being clever with Karma management and you are good to go.
    I don't know how it works in Feudal, but in all other games that adopted this fluctuating Alignment System, gankers mostly managed to stay Blue all the time.
    They would kill twice (while Blue), then they will do something to recover their Karma, then rinse and repeat, with them hardly becoming Red.

    My point is I don't like being attacked by deceit, if I see a blue I assume is friendly and don't expect surprises.
    I don't want to group with him for some PvE thinking is a friend for then being stabbed in the back and lose 2 hours work.
    That's what make people quit those games.
    If I see a Red is fair game, I know what to expect, but in this kind of games you mostly end up being killed by a Blue rather than a Red player.
    At least that's my experience.

    You can only pray once per day(24 hours) to gain karma. You only gain 1 point "at this time".

    Murdering one innocent player results in a loss of 20 karma points.

    You can see the math does not favor the ganker.

    Remember also, we are "testing" this system and it is subject to adjustment to achieve the desired results as I explained in the earlier post.

    Testers are heavily involved in the discussions concerning development of the game and play a very important part of shaping the game as we move forward.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,126
    Saxx0n said:
    ste2000 said:
    That's exactly what I was referring to, when I said that Alignment is exploitable.
    All you have to do is being clever with Karma management and you are good to go.
    I don't know how it works in Feudal, but in all other games that adopted this fluctuating Alignment System, gankers mostly managed to stay Blue all the time.
    They would kill twice (while Blue), then they will do something to recover their Karma, then rinse and repeat, with them hardly becoming Red.

    My point is I don't like being attacked by deceit, if I see a blue I assume is friendly and don't expect surprises.
    I don't want to group with him for some PvE thinking is a friend for then being stabbed in the back and lose 2 hours work.
    That's what make people quit those games.
    If I see a Red is fair game, I know what to expect, but in this kind of games you mostly end up being killed by a Blue rather than a Red player.
    At least that's my experience.

    You can only pray once per day(24 hours) to gain karma. You only gain 1 point "at this time".

    Murdering one innocent player results in a loss of 20 karma points.

    You can see the math does not favor the ganker.

    Remember also, we are "testing" this system and it is subject to adjustment to achieve the desired results as I explained in the earlier post.

    Testers are heavily involved in the discussions concerning development of the game and play a very important part of shaping the game as we move forward.
    Thnx for all the info! Bought the 30 euro pack, now lets see tonight.

    Hope it will open soon.

  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Dragnelus said:
    Saxx0n said:
    ste2000 said:
    That's exactly what I was referring to, when I said that Alignment is exploitable.
    All you have to do is being clever with Karma management and you are good to go.
    I don't know how it works in Feudal, but in all other games that adopted this fluctuating Alignment System, gankers mostly managed to stay Blue all the time.
    They would kill twice (while Blue), then they will do something to recover their Karma, then rinse and repeat, with them hardly becoming Red.

    My point is I don't like being attacked by deceit, if I see a blue I assume is friendly and don't expect surprises.
    I don't want to group with him for some PvE thinking is a friend for then being stabbed in the back and lose 2 hours work.
    That's what make people quit those games.
    If I see a Red is fair game, I know what to expect, but in this kind of games you mostly end up being killed by a Blue rather than a Red player.
    At least that's my experience.

    You can only pray once per day(24 hours) to gain karma. You only gain 1 point "at this time".

    Murdering one innocent player results in a loss of 20 karma points.

    You can see the math does not favor the ganker.

    Remember also, we are "testing" this system and it is subject to adjustment to achieve the desired results as I explained in the earlier post.

    Testers are heavily involved in the discussions concerning development of the game and play a very important part of shaping the game as we move forward.
    Thnx for all the info! Bought the 30 euro pack, now lets see tonight.

    Hope it will open soon.
    Thanks Dragnelus we appreciate the support and hope you have a great time in the game!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,490
    edited December 2016
    Saxx0n said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Saxx0n said:
    ste2000 said:
    That's exactly what I was referring to, when I said that Alignment is exploitable.
    All you have to do is being clever with Karma management and you are good to go.
    I don't know how it works in Feudal, but in all other games that adopted this fluctuating Alignment System, gankers mostly managed to stay Blue all the time.
    They would kill twice (while Blue), then they will do something to recover their Karma, then rinse and repeat, with them hardly becoming Red.

    My point is I don't like being attacked by deceit, if I see a blue I assume is friendly and don't expect surprises.
    I don't want to group with him for some PvE thinking is a friend for then being stabbed in the back and lose 2 hours work.
    That's what make people quit those games.
    If I see a Red is fair game, I know what to expect, but in this kind of games you mostly end up being killed by a Blue rather than a Red player.
    At least that's my experience.

    You can only pray once per day(24 hours) to gain karma. You only gain 1 point "at this time".

    Murdering one innocent player results in a loss of 20 karma points.

    You can see the math does not favor the ganker.

    Remember also, we are "testing" this system and it is subject to adjustment to achieve the desired results as I explained in the earlier post.

    Testers are heavily involved in the discussions concerning development of the game and play a very important part of shaping the game as we move forward.
    Thnx for all the info! Bought the 30 euro pack, now lets see tonight.

    Hope it will open soon.
    Thanks Dragnelus we appreciate the support and hope you have a great time in the game!
    Now you are in for it. Dragnelus is like Snowden, he ferrets out all of the secrets of a game he's interested in. ;)

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Mortal Online with better developers and less buggy.   Maybe....
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,909
    Saxx0n said:
    and this is my frustration with this site...Been hearing about this game for quite awhile and it is only now in CB1 phase?
    There are 2 versions of Life is Feudal. We have a 64 player version that has been on steam for quite a while now Life is Feudal:Your Own . Owners of this version gain access to beta testing in Wave 2 and also receive one free character for use in the MMO when we launch.

    The MMO version which you mentioned is beginning another closed beta test session. Players can purchase various game packs to gain early access here . 

    These versions are almost identical except for the scale. One offers a version where you can host your own server and have up to 64 players. The MMO version is hosted on our servers like a traditional MMO and allows up to 10,000 players in a seamless world.

      
    How could you forget the third game based on LiF , your City Builder /Survival game which is coming along nicely and worthy of a mention here .. 
       

        I got this one :)                 LIfe is Feudal :Forest Village

                   
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/496460

                                   


  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,126



    Not a bad game, I just dont know yet what to do lol

  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Scorchien said:
    Saxx0n said:
    and this is my frustration with this site...Been hearing about this game for quite awhile and it is only now in CB1 phase?
    There are 2 versions of Life is Feudal. We have a 64 player version that has been on steam for quite a while now Life is Feudal:Your Own . Owners of this version gain access to beta testing in Wave 2 and also receive one free character for use in the MMO when we launch.

    The MMO version which you mentioned is beginning another closed beta test session. Players can purchase various game packs to gain early access here . 

    These versions are almost identical except for the scale. One offers a version where you can host your own server and have up to 64 players. The MMO version is hosted on our servers like a traditional MMO and allows up to 10,000 players in a seamless world.

      
    How could you forget the third game based on LiF , your City Builder /Survival game which is coming along nicely and worthy of a mention here .. 
       

        I got this one :)                 LIfe is Feudal :Forest Village

                   
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/496460

                                   


    To give proper credit where credit is due, the developer of Forest Village is called Mindillusion. Bitbox Ltd. allowed them to use the Life is Feudal brand name and some art assets and are acting in the role of publisher only.

    These guys that form Mindillusion are really awesome developers.
  • ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    edited December 2016
    a friend just mentioned this, its definitely worth checking out at some point especially for a type of mmo player like me. The other attracting thing besides the rich crafting system is the fact that its more medieval and low-fantasy than fantasy with all that magic stuff that I don't like or care for.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

    But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 3,893
    Dragnelus said:



    Not a bad game, I just dont know yet what to do lol
    Richard "I once made a belt of watches...
    it was a waist of time"      =)
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Dragnelus said:
    Im curious about this game :awesome:


    Good game for very patient people...

    You don't know grind until you've played LiF. Holy shit...
    ______________________________________________________________________
    ~~ postlarval ~~

  • rodarinrodarin Member RarePosts: 2,469
    Its works on the small servers because they can be policed. As an MMO with their current stance it stands little to no chance. The consequences for PKing are not nearly enough to deter it and with the syetm dying hurts you quite a bit.

    Its a perfect RP game too bad theyre trying to follow the (failed) open world PvP path so many other games no one plays anymore has followed.

    Hubris is sometimes a bad thing and to think that you (generic) can make something work no one has ever made work in the history of MMOs is the very definition of insanity.

    Make it a PvE centric RP game with voluntary PvP it might stand a chance. Then as it progresses add or transform zones to open PvP zones and add some incentive for PvE players to go there. Or maybe even randomly choose sections to go open PvP from time to time (similar to Judgement Hour in the smaller version). So you have an air of random pillaging as well as organized PvP battles.

    So its a compromise of sorts it eliminates Open world PvP which is a deal breaker for a vast majority of MMOs players these days, it also adds a judgement hour type system that feeds into the sociopath thinking of griefers and it would still allow for the different clans/kins to still declare war and have a 'raid' of property that way.

    Or just make claims 100% safe zones unless war is declared. But that is probably too 'care bear'.

    The grind and advancement in that game is such that people who spend days upon days cultivating and breeding 100Q animals and plants to lose them isnt going to sit well, and thats if they even get that far in the first place. 
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    rodarin said: 

    The grind and advancement in that game is such that people who spend days upon days cultivating and breeding 100Q animals and plants to lose them isnt going to sit well, and thats if they even get that far in the first place. 
    Just go play Rust for an hour if you want to see where this game will wind up. 
    ______________________________________________________________________
    ~~ postlarval ~~

  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Grouping Life is Feudal:MMO with past mmo games that had faulty or non-existent systems of accountability for player behavior seems a little out of touch with the discussion in this thread. We are getting great feedback and excellent data as we are in the final stages of development. With the help from the community, we expect to launch with a fun and viable massively open world simulation of medieval life in 2017.
  • coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,646
    Saxx0n said:
    Grouping Life is Feudal:MMO with past mmo games that had faulty or non-existent systems of accountability for player behavior seems a little out of touch with the discussion in this thread. We are getting great feedback and excellent data as we are in the final stages of development. With the help from the community, we expect to launch with a fun and viable massively open world simulation of medieval life in 2017.
    Sounds great.
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Dragnelus said:
    Im curious about this game :awesome:


    Good game for very patient people...

    You don't know grind until you've played LiF. Holy shit...

    Hehe, It does take a lot of work but what we have heard from hundreds and hundreds of players is that they get a huge amount of satisfaction when planning and achieving goals in the game. Many say they have forgotten that feeling because almost all games they have experienced recent just basically "give" you everything for very little effort.

    Life is Feudal:MMO is more like entering and participating in a world than just playing a game.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,115
    edited December 2016
    I didn't got the luck to get in, had played LiF for long but wanted to come back to play it on the MMO, more persistent, no wipes is perfect for me. :)

    It's a game that has a nice RP side, as long there is a decent balance kept to it. 
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,509
    I bought LiF already. We have to pay again to play the MMO version?

    "My Fantasy is having two men at once...

    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

    ---------------------------

    "A good man can make you feel sexy,

    strong and able to take on the whole world...

    oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."





  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,246
    edited December 2016
    I got the first LiF does it mean I can join the MMO LiF or do I have to buy that one also?
Sign In or Register to comment.