Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.0 Changes and Fresh Start -Return and populate Archeage, for it is awesome now

13

Comments

  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited December 2016
    Talonsin said:
    EqualsM said:

    So people really needs to stop allowing P2W to mess with their fun. If all you want to do is kill stuff, do quests, etc then don't worry about P2W.
    I tried, but it didnt work out. 
    I tried going to Hasla and farming tokens, got two shot'ed by a wallet warrior.
    I tried trade runs but got jacked by a group of 5 fully geared gankers
    I tried hiding a public farm to grow more tree and possibly get a TS tree but they were always looted.
    I tried fishing but got attacked by pirates
    I tried buying a plot of land from someone but as soon as he pulled his house up, someone came behind me and plopped their house down.

    The only way I could have fun was to buy a bunch of charms from the cash shop and get my gear up.


    - By the time Hasla was relevant there was many people around you could have team with.
    lots of people got their equipment who didn't used the cash shop, including me.

    - Trade runs are 100% safe if performed in faction owned lands (safezones)  and you guild less or guilds use peace treaty.

    - you didn't plant a "public farm" but rather a illegal farm in the public. Illegal farms are not protected.
     
    - fishing has been very high profitable, assuming you talking about sport fishing, risk versus reward  applies here.  This goes also for any intercontinental trade.  Should have  asked for support from other players or your guild.

    - you could have tried to buy a building instead with certification which could have been 100% safe trade.

    Very reasonable for a  MMORPG to count in risk vs reward in a game. You can't  expect to solo the most proftable and highest profit making ways in the game.  you have to accept a percentage of loss and if you try to do it just by yourself the percantage is even higher.

    There is also a quite big amount of players who did all of this (and without cash shop) , even the riskier parts and succeeded.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,245
    Must say, fps is badddd and when I loff off I need to setup keybinds again..

  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Dragnelus said:
    Must say, fps is badddd and when I loff off I need to setup keybinds again..
    Run game as admin.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,966
    They actually made one of the best PvE games I've ever played and cut it off at the knees at level 30.  

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    They actually made one of the best PvE games I've ever played and cut it off at the knees at level 30.  
     
    They may not intended to build the best farm simulator or sim city simulator but the best MMORPG for all playstyles.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,433
    wait, you can't have characters on Legacy and fresh start??? wtf, you have to delete all your guys to play?

  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 603
    @Myrdynn you just create a new account for the fresh server.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Myrdynn said:
    wait, you can't have characters on Legacy and fresh start??? wtf, you have to delete all your guys to play?

    I think all you need to do is create a new account.

  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,433
    ste2000 said:
    Myrdynn said:
    wait, you can't have characters on Legacy and fresh start??? wtf, you have to delete all your guys to play?

    I think all you need to do is create a new account.
    ahh thats kinda lame, would kind of assume if I am a patron and used the same CC
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 603
    So I've been queuing for the EU fresh start server 2 hours now, when I joined the Q I was 1997th, now I'm 1545th...Great success!!! 6 more hours to go, w00t !!
    Seriously these Trion noobs just can't take a hint, nobody wants their stinking pay2win version of the game, we all want the version where you just pay for patron (even if more expensive than it is now) and forget there ever was a p2w cash shop.
    These idiots would surely have the 2nd most played MMO in the world if it wasn't for their short sighted business decisions. Or maybe XLgames doesn't allow them to remove the cash shop? It's possible but I doubt it. Which ever the case, someone in the mix is really, REALLY dumb.
    This game has WoW killer potential and these fools are just trying to find new ways to nickle and dime you more. So sad.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Myrdynn said:
    ste2000 said:

    I think all you need to do is create a new account.
    ahh thats kinda lame, would kind of assume if I am a patron and used the same CC
    Never underestimate Trion.
    For a couple of months they will double subscriptions because existing players will pay for 2 subscriptions, one for Legacy one for Fresh.
    It's an easy and well proven business tactic to squeeze extra money from existing customers.

    On another note, I am still not clear what's the deal with Cash Shops in Fresh Servers.
    There is no Cash Shop at all? And it will be forever this way?

  • JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    edited December 2016
    What? QueueAge is back? Downloading...


    Post edited by Junglecharly on
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    What? QueueAge is back? Downloading...
    Is there a queue for Downloading too? :)

  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,966
    edited December 2016
    farbege said:
    They actually made one of the best PvE games I've ever played and cut it off at the knees at level 30.  
     
    They may not intended to build the best farm simulator or sim city simulator but the best MMORPG for all playstyles.
    That's the thing, I'm only interested in questing and exploration, and have zero desire to farm or own land. A game that forces only one way of doing things is not for me but you guys have fun.

    [Quote]
    Lobo – The commerce system and world boss system. All major pve content that you need to do is in PVP zones. It’s designed to be contested. You’re forced to fight other players to fight the one boss you need to kill for the best loot. All content forces interaction.

    Hippojaxx – Every world boss is a conflict driver such as Red Dragon and Kraken. Certain world boss drops are required to progress in quests, and these are contestable.[End Quote]
    https://imperium.news/archeage-revelation/

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 2,989
    They actually made one of the best PvE games I've ever played and cut it off at the knees at level 30.  

  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,154
    Scambug said:
    So I've been queuing for the EU fresh start server 2 hours now, when I joined the Q I was 1997th, now I'm 1545th...Great success!!! 6 more hours to go, w00t !!
    Seriously these Trion noobs just can't take a hint, nobody wants their stinking pay2win version of the game, we all want the version where you just pay for patron (even if more expensive than it is now) and forget there ever was a p2w cash shop.
    These idiots would surely have the 2nd most played MMO in the world if it wasn't for their short sighted business decisions. Or maybe XLgames doesn't allow them to remove the cash shop? It's possible but I doubt it. Which ever the case, someone in the mix is really, REALLY dumb.
    This game has WoW killer potential and these fools are just trying to find new ways to nickle and dime you more. So sad.
    If "no one" wants their P2W version of the game why are stuck in a 1500+ queue? ;)

    In fact, why are you in the queue at all? 

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    This whole fresh start server has proven one thing conclusively. ArcheAge is not dying. Dying MMOs don't have problems with so many people trying play at once the servers can't handle it.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,764
    edited December 2016
    It all sounds decent, except the part about opening the shop sometime down the line.  There's no p2w now, but what does that matter since there will be later.  I don't want to invest months into a character and enjoy fighting on even playing fields against players, only for 6 months later they open the shop and suddenly a guy I always could beat is hitting me with his credit-card +12.

    Basically this "fresh start" thing just seems like "we need a new crop of f2p players for the whales to beat on in a few months."
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited December 2016
    Eldurian said:
    This whole fresh start server has proven one thing conclusively. ArcheAge is not dying. Dying MMOs don't have problems with so many people trying play at once the servers can't handle it.
    Well if they are lucky the server can support 10k players.  So you are only looking at 14k people trying to play right now.  And quite a few of them are just deceived into thinking that its going to be fair fight this time.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited December 2016
    They had to release a new fresh start server on NA bringing the total to two and there is also fresh start server on EU.

    Using your 10k assumption and the fact server queues have been pretty constant since release, we are talking about 30k+ players for just the new servers playing or attempting to log on at any given time. That does not include the people who have given up because the got tired or waiting for queues. 
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    H0urg1ass said:

     and i can honestly say, there IS NO LONGER P2W ,at least not nearly as much as it was before to be compared to now, with fresh start servers not having it like,AT ALL.

    Look, guys, listen... we soaked all of the whales for all the money they would give us.  Now everyone else has left the game and the whales have stopped spending, so we're relaunching the game to make it not pay to win... so we can soak the rest of you for any money you might have spent two years ago.

    So please come back.  Please.
    And they'll soak the whales again too. Since the whales need to start over on the new server almost as if they've never paid, they'll do it again and pay for it. What is their choice? They could move on, but they won't.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    They actually made one of the best PvE games I've ever played and cut it off at the knees at level 30.  
    Not unlike Aion. Would still be playing that today if there was a pve only option.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    Kyleran said:
    Scambug said:
    So I've been queuing for the EU fresh start server 2 hours now, when I joined the Q I was 1997th, now I'm 1545th...Great success!!! 6 more hours to go, w00t !!
    Seriously these Trion noobs just can't take a hint, nobody wants their stinking pay2win version of the game, we all want the version where you just pay for patron (even if more expensive than it is now) and forget there ever was a p2w cash shop.
    These idiots would surely have the 2nd most played MMO in the world if it wasn't for their short sighted business decisions. Or maybe XLgames doesn't allow them to remove the cash shop? It's possible but I doubt it. Which ever the case, someone in the mix is really, REALLY dumb.
    This game has WoW killer potential and these fools are just trying to find new ways to nickle and dime you more. So sad.
    If "no one" wants their P2W version of the game why are stuck in a 1500+ queue? ;)

    In fact, why are you in the queue at all? 
    I thought about it. I think Eldurian is right, there are still a lot of fans. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of bot accounts trying to log in and grab land.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • OptiqueMarquisOptiqueMarquis Member UncommonPosts: 860
    ive never player archeage, but ive read enough about it on the internets that made SOE and Smed look like mother Theresa.





    in any event, I will go along with the op and give it a try.
  • GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 243
    edited December 2016
    I considered finally giving this game a try. I work evenings, so play late at night. I tried to log in at 4am and the que was over 400 people and over an hour wait. I can just imagine how bad prime time que's must be. O.o Guess I'll try it another time . . . 
Sign In or Register to comment.