Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online - Introducing Homestead – Housing Comes to Tamriel in 2017 - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 7,378
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:
    Iselin said:
    You can bet your ass I'll buy the swankiest house I can!
    I'm thinking Island :)
    Me too! Me too!
    Which, I believe, is this one accessed by a bridge off the SE corner of Port Hunding in Stros M'kai:

I dont like the Architecure of this one , Altho very well done , it doesnt appeal to me , Some of the others i saw i really liked tho .....But its great to see such diversity in the Design
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,018
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    That looks so bad ass.

There is so much you can do with this and so many social possibilities too.
    It now seems that this is the wrong "island retreat." That is the large Redguard house instead.

Some people think that it'll be a instanced island we haven't seen yet. Something like Silatar, the island that Aranias made and you see in that quest in Greenshade.
    We'll have to see what the total offering is. I think it still looks pretty badass for a player house, but I'll look around for sure.

I have about 12.5k Crowns left and the stipend from my sub (4500) should drop in about a week. Even if I'm short this is the kind of thing I will buy more Crowns for. I definitely want this to be something they keep working on.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited December 2016
    still pissed i bought it from a third party seller and didnt get the refund, such a bad game ;s
    Understandable you feel pissed but blaming the game?

There has been a list of authorised sellers for - I think - ever. Sadly companies can only do so much to combat dodgy sellers. Part of the price we pay for allowing distributors - and individuals - to sell products on. Free market economy - although it also exists in controlled economies as well. 

Should you ever get over it you can still pick up the basic (non gold) boxed edition on Amazon say for $13.99 - with Prime delivery if you have Prime as well. 
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 433
    edited December 2016
    Looks great, especially as it's just the start and will expand over time.

I have to say, it's particularly gratifying to see how ESO continues to add and do things that a certain other themepark MMO doesn't, because its so-called """producer/director""" (triple quoting for emphasis there) insists it's either too difficult or not possible. ESO just keeps proving how he has no clue what he's talking about.

In this case, it's implementing a proper housing system that doesn't exclude *anyone* due to poor design, lack of foresight, and a repeated inability to fix the problem. Instead of having to throw temporary band-aids at the persistent problems of a fundamentally broken system, Zenimax have designed it properly from the beginning to avoid them altogether.

People in "that other game" have been asking for some kind of a free room/apt for literally years now. They even suggested making them instanced. The answer has been, effectively "we can't because it's too hard". Then, along comes ESO where, you do a simple quest and voila... free instanced starting apt. No one has to do without.

In "that other game", it's been nigh on impossible for players to get a house anywhere, much less where they want, because of how poorly its housing system was planned and implemented, so they're unable to fill demand, and people abuse it by buying them up and attempting to "flip" them for several times the cost. This has happened multiple times now. Meanwhile, in ESO... see a house in a location you like? No problem! Save up the in-game gold and it's yours. Want another one in another area? No problem! Save up the in-game gold, and it's yours.

ESO is just making "that other game's" "producer/director" look more and more incompetent over time, and it's glorious to witness.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,399

josko9 said:

TheAmir said:

Hm, they add this, I may actually have to check this game out again - if I can get past the tiny zones and linear questing system.

Haha what? I'm yet to see bigger zones or better questing system than in ESO. Not sure if a troll or just a hater.

It just looks like someone who haven't read about One Tamriel feature list to me.
  • CodeBluCodeBlu Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Nice one! Thumbs up for RL for granting player request only few gaming company listen to player requests. I haven't tried this one but now that you guys mentioned it I'll gladly give it a try. See you in-game.