Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you like to see in the next expansion?

BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
Fox 11 10' clock news in my area went to Blizzard and did a 10-15 minute long "behind the scenes" segment but I haven't been able to find the clip anywhere online. During the episode they interviewed Jeff Kaplan and he said that they visit gaming websites to see what players are saying about their games. His words were something like "players don't think we're reading what they write but we are" so in the off chance that someone over there comes to this site I decided to write a few things I would like to see the in next expansion. If you feel there are things you want to see feel free to list them on the .003% chance it may been seen by anyone at Blizzard ;)

Things I would like to see in the next expansion

1. Housing similar to Wildstar. Instanced with a home, outside area and free placement of items + a player stall as an alternate way to sell items if you invite another player. They can be both racial themed or not but only 1 per account.
2. A very big list of Housing items that can be crafted with crafting components from all previous expansions.
3. Bring back the original skill trees & skills that have been removed over the years like the original Hunter Volley.
4. Some new mini-game/s that brings players back to old zones similar to archeology & pet battles.
5. Less lore destroying linear progression, preferably more of a sandbox style.
6. No more re-skinned Garrisons or artifact weapons.

There are so many other things I'd like to see but what I listed is pretty much all it would take for me to purchase the next expansion.


«1

Comments

  • jmalminjmalmin Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Only thing they need to do is get ride of the Legendarys. Make them how they used to be back in the day. I hope for new and improved artefact weapons or something similar in the next expansion. 
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    I don't even know anymore. I never put WoW on a pedestal like so many in the MMO genre, to me it was always a good/average game nothing more. I guess more sandbox features, but that will never happen.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,229
    nothing after legion ....meh , probably the return of the lich king ..........yeah again!
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,768
    Layers of zones all underground beneath Kalimdor and The Eastern Kingdoms.  No flying underground!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

    Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

    https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

    Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

    John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

    FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

    LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"




  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,029
    waynejr2 said:
    Layers of zones all underground beneath Kalimdor and The Eastern Kingdoms.  No flying underground!
    Deepholm would like to have a word with you ;-)
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,768
    waynejr2 said:
    Layers of zones all underground beneath Kalimdor and The Eastern Kingdoms.  No flying underground!
    Deepholm would like to have a word with you ;-)

    Deepholm is under kalidor and the eastern kingdoms?  I thought it was out in the middle of the ocean...
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

    Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

    https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

    Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

    John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

    FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

    LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"




  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I'd like them to give up on WoW so they can make a Diablo MMO. Then I can see an ARPG Starcraft, and Warcraft 4 RTS. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    I would love to see the world pvp make a return.  The days of battles at xroads.. Good times. Last time i played you were attacked by super badass guards if you got near enemy towns.  

    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

    George Washington

  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Put up a Vanilla Server with the new improved graphics.
    Nothing else will make me play WoW again.

  • DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 206
    None. We need WoW 2 with some revolutionary gameplay, not the same old same old. But I think they're just gonna keep milking it.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 2,939
    They did bc 2 so why not wrath 2?

    This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

  • TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    edited January 2017
    I have tried, for years I have tried. But apparently when they released the announcement about Garison, I was the only one opposing against a stale feature. It was apparent miles away that we would get a 1 ally and 1 horde version of that place, how was that housing I asked?

    Yet I was flamed to bits, by people who claimed it would be amazing.   

    When that happened, I realized that Blizzard is a "We will decide what is good for you" company.

    "You dont need to be able to customize anything" "Dye you gear? forget it"
    "Breed your own mounts with different uniqe looks? Forget it"
    "Breed pets with uniqe looks of your own design? Forget it"
    "Make crafting a deep engaging path to go in the game, why? Some people will find it too complicated, we cant have that"
     "You enjoyed lvling all the way from 1 to max lvl in dungeons, well to bad, you will do questing, regardless if you are not the questing kind of player, eat it! "
    "You enjoyed lvling via PvP bgs? again how rude, you will do our quests ok, cause we say so!"
    "You enjoy working your way to get flying once you reach maxlvl? Hah?! Well we will decide when you can fly ok, so if you dont like it unsub and return at patch midway through Xpac and try and catch up"
    "You enjoyed your characters cheerful calm pleasant looks? Well in that case we decided to go opposite of what you like, so here, have some angry gnomes, surprised female humans with surprise! eyebrows that you have to cover with the one single haircut that will cover that" 


     I am done trying, really, its over, its game over.

    Besides I am bored looking at new games constantly surpass WoW in graphics and art design.

    Look at a mount in ESO, then look at a mount in WoW, really?
    And its not like it can be soothed with a "Ou but in WoW we have flying mounts", cause we do not exactly have any use for those anymore for a bloody full year!!!"

    Really sorry, but I really tried, but this company does not want to make quality, they want to focus on raidcontent and everything that supports raid content, nothing more.

    My latest and final suggestion was and is, make a new game.

    Let the raiders have current WoW and create a game for gamers that like other things than the lvl and raid game.

    But I honestly dont think they know how to.
    I think that is the issue.

    And I have given up, I cant keep trying to save what is not in my power to save.

    The raiders want the current game, let them have it then I guess. They dont believe anything needs saving, Legion is amazeee! best thing evaar!

    So I no longer belong in WoW, I have been forced to realize that, which I am far from happy about, but I have to put my faith in other Companys now.   

  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,156
    Realistic Character Models...

    No more Arena Grind every season, refund previous tokens spent on previous arena gear for credit towards new gear.

    New User Interface

    Redesign of old Quest Areas to properly display ! marks on world map instead of just new areas.

    These are the reasons I quit wow years ago.
  • TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Ou yeah I forgot.

    I always hated the RNG in WoW, really. 

    But the new design where you may or may not (Mostly not) get a piece of useful PvP gear from a random bg, means that we more often than not have to start out bgs with low numbers.

    AV, that is the only bg worth playing (and by saying this, I am well aware it will be redesigned again again, so that is no longer fun doing either) more and more often starts out with players missing, even at peak hours.  

    We are drowned in RNG now.

    That gear from raidbosses have always been a bit RNG, that mount drops have always been a bit RNG, its been really annoying, but I went with the "But RNG has always been a part of games, gives that thrill ya know" so we all told each other that for years, until we decided that it is the only way to do things.

    Now its RNG in all things, ALL things.

    We as player have zero choice about our own destiny, we do not have a single say in anything. 

    We walk the maze, and there is one path, one path only and if the draw of the luck decides you can have anything of the things you'd like, then you may get something along the way.
    But we have zero choice in what happens.

    Its obvious why WoW has been renamed World of Casinocraft.
     
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    ste2000 said:
    Put up a Vanilla Server with the new improved graphics.
    Nothing else will make me play WoW again.
    And transmog. Cant live without it anymore. 

  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    edited January 2017
    BruceYee said:
    Fox 11 10' clock news in my area went to Blizzard and did a 10-15 minute long "behind the scenes" segment but I haven't been able to find the clip anywhere online. During the episode they interviewed Jeff Kaplan and he said that they visit gaming websites to see what players are saying about their games. His words were something like "players don't think we're reading what they write but we are" so in the off chance that someone over there comes to this site I decided to write a few things I would like to see the in next expansion. If you feel there are things you want to see feel free to list them on the .003% chance it may been seen by anyone at Blizzard ;)

    Things I would like to see in the next expansion

    1. Housing similar to Wildstar. Instanced with a home, outside area and free placement of items + a player stall as an alternate way to sell items if you invite another player. They can be both racial themed or not but only 1 per account.
    2. A very big list of Housing items that can be crafted with crafting components from all previous expansions.
    3. Bring back the original skill trees & skills that have been removed over the years like the original Hunter Volley.
    4. Some new mini-game/s that brings players back to old zones similar to archeology & pet battles.
    5. Less lore destroying linear progression, preferably more of a sandbox style.
    6. No more re-skinned Garrisons or artifact weapons.

    There are so many other things I'd like to see but what I listed is pretty much all it would take for me to purchase the next expansion.


    Players have been asking for player housing since Vanila and Blizzards response was always that they want housing to have a real purpose in the game and not be a gimmick. After ten years of thinking about it they came up with garrisons  :(

    If they ever return to the idea of housing then i hope they dont go with instanced housing. But honestly we all know they will. 

    There's tons and tons of un-used land in Azeroth, i think a system could be put in place where plots of land could be claimed and built on. Such a thing would require a ton of time and resouces though so i dont realistically see them working on it. And for anyone replying to this with the argument that player housing and cities located in places like barrens, eastern plaguelands etc would break with lore.. they already break the lore every time they release an expansion and expect us to conveniently ignore the gaping holes in the story. 

    Seriously though, i think an expansion thats focused primarily on housing rather than a new world/continent would be a lot better received than their last few attempts.

  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    No more time management games (i.e. garrison/order hall/management sim w/e blizzard wants to try and rename it). Just go back to letting us play whatever we want to play whenever we want to play without that psychological head junk they tried to start in WoD. And stop "giving" us junk.
  • PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Bring back pvp gear vendors and either get rid of the pvp templates or allow us to prioritize our stats.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,254
    Please allow us to accept quests that are above the recommended levels. I would come back and play if only I could do the quests to level up. Don't sanitize my gameplay.

  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Kunai_Vax said:
    ste2000 said:
    Put up a Vanilla Server with the new improved graphics.
    Nothing else will make me play WoW again.
    And transmog. Cant live without it anymore. 
    Yep I think that's a great feature. My favorite Pally gear is from Vanilla and BC.

    httpi56tinypiccomrtqoszpng

  • ZenislavZenislav Member RarePosts: 262
    edited February 2017
    I am very modest. Only thing I would like to see is classes with low complexity and high depth. Currently I cant play this game more than 15 minutes without getting bored by class and login off. 

    Wow is to me like traveling through beautiful countryside full of everything but you are driving in Lada and it sucks so you just stop.

    Edit
    Oh and graphics. Looking at set pieces and models for 7.2 patch I could not believe it was for 2017 MMO game. I don't need Black Desert graphics but it is time for upgrade when tier sets have worse textures and models than mobile games.
  • TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Been awhile since I have seen this thread the last time.

     I still stand by, what I have said originally in this thread, but will add, that if anything destroyed WoW, it was the crowd who made Blizzard bow.

     WoW is now a RNG chaos, because Blizzard decided to nod, every time some people said "We dont like xyz, change it"

     Then we ended up with the current game.
     And it cant be saved, not imo.

    The people who enjoyed the game up till and including MoP, got run over by the truck of "We dont like anything crowd and will force Blizzard to its knees, if they dont comply"

     And where are those complainers now, that they got the result of their complaints? 
    Well they are not sticking around to clean up the mess they created.

     And yes one can argue a company always have the final say in changes, but companies have to survive somehow, they are so extremely vulnerable.

     But hey, some people dont play WoW for the sake of the game, but rather to just have a free chatforum to debate meme's and global events.  So what do I really know.
    Not much really. Beats me what people want these days, but destroying games seems wildly popular.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I guess its too much to ask for them to make levels matter again and maybe implement a persistent Champion point system/Rift PA system. I just want to continuously feel like my character is getting stronger without some arbitrary gear number which can easily be skipped around every patch or expansion. Reward the long term investors properly. Stop giving free cookies to the late comers.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,254
    edited February 2017
    TENTING said:
    Been awhile since I have seen this thread the last time.

     I still stand by, what I have said originally in this thread, but will add, that if anything destroyed WoW, it was the crowd who made Blizzard bow.

     WoW is now a RNG chaos, because Blizzard decided to nod, every time some people said "We dont like xyz, change it"

     Then we ended up with the current game.
     And it cant be saved, not imo.

    The people who enjoyed the game up till and including MoP, got run over by the truck of "We dont like anything crowd and will force Blizzard to its knees, if they dont comply"

     And where are those complainers now, that they got the result of their complaints? 
    Well they are not sticking around to clean up the mess they created.

     And yes one can argue a company always have the final say in changes, but companies have to survive somehow, they are so extremely vulnerable.

     But hey, some people dont play WoW for the sake of the game, but rather to just have a free chatforum to debate meme's and global events.  So what do I really know.
    Not much really. Beats me what people want these days, but destroying games seems wildly popular.
    The bit you talked about the chat forum is very true. I used to see this in SWTOR people sitting in that place what was it called now sorry you know where the main hub was anyway they were there everyday for days talking. The same people each time I came back there on my adventures. They never leave they just stay there and talk.

    WoW can be saved if they undo what they have done they can go back to the 3 tree and freedom to spec if they want to. They can do away with heirlooms and make cc count again. Why can't they make servers like that no need vanila just change some of the things.

  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    ste2000 said:
    Kunai_Vax said:
    ste2000 said:
    Put up a Vanilla Server with the new improved graphics.
    Nothing else will make me play WoW again.
    And transmog. Cant live without it anymore. 
    Yep I think that's a great feature. My favorite Pally gear is from Vanilla and BC.

    httpi56tinypiccomrtqoszpng
    I know right! 
    Look at those models and the other class models from Vanila and TBC.. you can tell just from looking at them what class they are. 

    Now look at a lot of the models they make now...



    If this picture didnt have the names next to them i bet you wouldnt be able to guess half of the classes.



Sign In or Register to comment.