Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leveling speed?

mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
Thinking about coming back and was wondering if they've added or changed anything to make the leveling faster in the game? I loved the PvP, but it was always so tedious trying to level up new classes to see how you liked them.

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    If you don't like the game (aka the leveling), why would you really play it?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• g0m0rrahg0m0rrah Member UncommonPosts: 325
    edited December 2016
    waynejr2 said:
     I dont enjoy leveling in most games. I enjoy killing things. I enjoy creating characters and builds. I enjoy testing abilities and coming up with tactics based on those abilities. Gaining a level or levels isnt a motivation of mine...

Ive never once went, wow gaining that level was a feat and i am proud of it. I have thought, man killing that boss/player was a fun challenge. Taking that keep was difficult. I had a clutch play there. Never, i leveled, that was clutch...
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    waynejr2 said:
    Because I absolutely love the PvP/Arena system in the game. The combat is also awesome. Even though you can compete in PvP at earlier levels with boosted stats, it's much better if you have access to all of your skills/builds. So while i'm willing to level a bit, I wish it would be faster than it was at launch.
  • GremeGreme Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited December 2016
    A while ago they increased the experience gained from doing main story quests. While I havent leveled another character myself, I heard you can reach max level now doing only those quests.

Also you can obtain some of the weapons and accessories required for evolution of your Hongmoon gear from those surveys you get every few levels, so you dont have to grind for those.

Both changes should make leveling faster than on the release.
    Greme said:
    A while ago they increased the experience gained from doing main story quests. While I havent leveled another character myself, I heard you can reach max level now doing only those quests.

Also you can obtain some of the weapons and accessories required for evolution of your Hongmoon gear from those surveys you get every few levels, so you dont have to grind for those.

Both changes should make leveling faster than on the release.
    Awesome info - thanks!
    g0m0rrah said:
    waynejr2 said:
     I dont enjoy leveling in most games. I enjoy killing things. I enjoy creating characters and builds. I enjoy testing abilities and coming up with tactics based on those abilities. Gaining a level or levels isnt a motivation of mine...

Ive never once went, wow gaining that level was a feat and i am proud of it. I have thought, man killing that boss/player was a fun challenge. Taking that keep was difficult. I had a clutch play there. Never, i leveled, that was clutch...

So why the mmoRPG genre instead of a pure combat game?   If I want a pizza, I got to a store that sells them.  I don't want to make grow the wheat to make flour, make the cheese, grow the tomatoes to make the sauce to finally make the pizza.   That is how I feel when people who love pvp but hate the leveling come to mmoRPGs instead of going to a more direct version of what they want.  You aren't a mmoRPGer you are a pvper.

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

mcrippins said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Because I absolutely love the PvP/Arena system in the game. The combat is also awesome. Even though you can compete in PvP at earlier levels with boosted stats, it's much better if you have access to all of your skills/builds. So while i'm willing to level a bit, I wish it would be faster than it was at launch.

Aren't there any non-mmoRPG games that have great pvp?

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    waynejr2 said:
    Because the PVP is amazing. 
    waynejr2 said:
    mcrippins said:
    waynejr2 said:

Aren't there any non-mmoRPG games that have great pvp?
    Yes, and I play a lot of those too. I've got multiple characters to 45 already, so it's not like I don't know the story. Also, i'm not sure why it matters to you what games I play. I simply wanted to know if they made leveling faster, since I already know what the 'journey' is about.
  • g0m0rrahg0m0rrah Member UncommonPosts: 325
    edited December 2016
    waynejr2 said:
    g0m0rrah said:
    waynejr2 said:

So why the mmoRPG genre instead of a pure combat game?   If I want a pizza, I got to a store that sells them.  I don't want to make grow the wheat to make flour, make the cheese, grow the tomatoes to make the sauce to finally make the pizza.   That is how I feel when people who love pvp but hate the leveling come to mmoRPGs instead of going to a more direct version of what they want.  You aren't a mmoRPGer you are a pvper.
    You paint with broad strokes my friend. In most things we consume we take the things that we dislike in stride. Nothing is perfect and if there are more things we like, we ignore the rest. I get bored of most leveling schema. I prefer a more horizontal approach. Do you equate leveling with mmorpg? If so in a game like daoc, when your done leveling and focusing solely on realm vs realm, is it no longer an mmorpg? Leveling doesnt past forever and id argue that for most people a significant number of mmorpg  open up after leveleling ends...
  • ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    Great PvP and non-MMO?
    They are called First Person Shooters....
    At least far more balanced than what normally happens in MMOs where at least 1 - 2 classes are overpowered than all the others and in build-based games a handful of builds are powerful and a player caught using any of the other build is said to be leeching. 

In regards to the pizza analogy.
    Dough to make 20 inch pizza $1.27
    Pizza Sauce $.44 
    16oz of Mozzarella and cheddar cheese $1.99

This is enough for me to make one 20 inch pizza, or four 10 inch cheese pizzas. 

So sure, you can go to the store that sells pizza, and get RIPPED off to oblivion as the store needs to make money to pay its workers, pay the lease on the building, and also make a profit. You can then enjoy dining on a pizza made from shitty ingredients about to expire in an environment shared by a bunch of sweaty fools... some who are sick, but show up to work because they need the money regardless of labor laws. 

Or 

You can learn to make the pizza yourself
    Save money on ingredients

So when you DO go out for PIZZA, you can tell the difference between GOOD pizza and shitty pizza. 

When I eat out, I do so knowing how to cook most of the food that these restaurants serve. I can tell if the food is GOOD, BAD, or plain Ugly... but I will eat out from time to time to sample the food, or because I think certain places are THAT good that deserve my money being spent on.

^_^ Sorry, for being literal and nitpicking. :( 

• GremeGreme Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Aori said:
    Not sure why you would pick BnS as a PvP game, max level PvP is still dictated by loot even in the arena as skills are unlocked by rare drops in dungeons.
    All the skills that drop in dungeons can be also purchased using Zen Beans obtainable through Arena. Plus, the dungeon drops are tradeable, which means you can purchase them from Marketplace.