Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hello Games Cleared of Advertising Complaints By UK's ASA - No Man's Sky - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Torval said:
    Volgore said:
    No matter how "clear" ASA-Uk found them, all points raised against HelloGames remain the same and their name is far from being "cleared" for 90+% of the gamers.

And that is what will really matter in the long run.
    I don't think gamers care in the long run. They only really care about what they want for a price they're willing to pay. We forgive a lot of ills and evils, perceived or real, if it stands in the way of the games we want.
    yes...and for the most part that is how it should be.

they are not dumping acid rain into rivers while dancing around a fire filled with dead babies for christ sake or tweeting nuclear launch codes. lets get some perspective here

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I thought Witcher 3 was a bigger lie. They used pre-rendered screenshots, and then at release the graphics were heavily nerfed. Watch Dogs did this too. That was huge false advertising. Oh, and Witcher 3 they said was going to have epic modding tools. Then after release they said that was a lie.

At least No Man's Sky didn't fake-edit the screenshots to make the game look amazing, and then at release, the graphics sucked. Instead, all they did was set up a scene for their videos/screenshots for their advertisements. Not a big deal compared to what Witcher 3 did. 

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    toolak said:
    Lolz the cries and legal issues with this game are just be a hiccup compared to what's in store for Star Citizen.

Yup I've got a ton of popcorn ready. 

I thought Witcher 3 was a bigger lie. They used pre-rendered screenshots, and then at release the graphics were heavily nerfed. Watch Dogs did this too. That was huge false advertising. Oh, and Witcher 3 they said was going to have epic modding tools. Then after release they said that was a lie.

At least No Man's Sky didn't fake-edit the screenshots to make the game look amazing, and then at release, the graphics sucked. Instead, all they did was set up a scene for their videos/screenshots for their advertisements. Not a big deal compared to what Witcher 3 did. 
    I agree 100%

That E3 year (2015 I think it was) compared to what people got was very offensive to me. that should have gotten a lot more rage from the community then it did

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Now that it is on sale (and has the update) it is selling well on Steam again.  I was close to buying into this one but then for some reason I held off.  Maybe it was just the timing or the fact that the game was offering too much. . maybe I was just being cheap :)   There are different levels of misleading trailers. . some reflect the movie and show the best parts..  some show the only good parts in the entire film.  I think they kind of did the last one.  I have never played the game or watched a play through. . are there actually other ships flying around fighting?

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

edited December 2016
    People seem to be confusing whether or not No Man's Sky's Steam page was false advertisement ( What this story is about) and whether OTHER forms of marketing for the game was false advertisement.(What this story is NOT about)
    This was ONLY about the Steam page for the game.
    Which does not label it as having multiplayer and is very clear as to what kind of game it is and does not list features in the description that are not represented in the game.
    Plain and simple, the Steam page for the game is NOT false advertisement and the ruling was correct.
    I dont think the lawsuit was in specific about what was on the Steam Page. If it was could you please link some evidence of that?

the reason I say that is because what is on the Steam page as evidence of an arguement  because the evidence itself doesnt really show any questionable advertising from a legal standpoint, likely would have never made it to trial in the first place. 

I dont think the lawsuit was about the images rotator which was a subject that Steam changed for all games after the fact and I think not directly realted to the lawsuit but rather related to the game only

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Nilden said:
    Lies, lies, and more lies.

They made bank but we all know what was advertised was not what was sold.

From 200k to 1k on steam before the update and the lowest rating on steam.

What's that? Still no multiplayer?
    Nowhere on the Steam page did it ever say multiplayer. This was in regards to the Steam page advertisement of the game. Not some obscure interview people drug up after the fact to claim fraud. 23 people filed this complaint against Hello Games and Valve for false advertisement on the Steam page for the game. The Steam page does not mention features not in the game. Plain and simple and easy to rule on. The 23 game purchasers had no case. Period.
    Also it is far from being the lowest rating on Steam. 30% positive is not anywhere near the lowest.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/