Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO worst tech support out there

lilman33lilman33 Member UncommonPosts: 2
Title says it all. Screw this game and it's crap support.

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited November 2016
    lilman33 said:
    Title says it all. Screw this game and it's crap support.
    To be fair not just ESO...

The Kids who remote access your computer as part of a install ( had the so called professional people) who went to college do this as part of a discount software package I bought they didn't install stuff properly and ruined my entire system to the point where I had to wipe it and redo it purrrfectly again.

And tech support on games? are you kidding me they always suck, even the developers from certain games I ask them for help with the client when I find a bug they are like (We don't know) file a bug report.

It pretty much happens with every company lol either you fix it yourself or it doesn't get fixed unless its a bug it seems like and you report it.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Tech support is always bad when it fails to solve "your" problem and good when it does.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I'll be honest though, ESO does have pretty terrible support.  They don't comment, when they do it's canned, and then rather than consistently talking to one representative you find yourself re-hashing the same story with multiple reps in order to get anything accomplished.  Then they just recommend what the LAST person recommended and you have to start again.  And when you tell them you already tried that, they're skeptical that you did... like you're the one with the issue.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited December 2016
    Companies use software and they get support for their products. Of course they pay an arm and several legs for it;  or spend small fortunes on internal support teams; or both.

"Game companies" - which can't get away with charging "customers" anything like what "tech" support would cost - and I am not talking a measly $15 a month here - focus on making sure that their products will install "out of the box".

OP if your system is in some way non-standard and is preventing ESO from installing maybe post some details? If its a standard system it should simply work. If it isn't you might get a solution from us helpful people! Now back in the dark ages ....
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    my guess is he got banned for something he will claim he didn't do lol

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I've had nothing but great experiences, and quick, sorry to hear it.
  • AgnharAgnhar Member UncommonPosts: 108
    I have to say from experience not only mine but from 3 of my friends that costumer service is really bad, it took them 6 days to refund me for a bug that made my characters name not appear on the leaderboards even tough i completed the whole freaking thing and deserved it, everyone else in my group got "Lucky" and they didn't got the damn bug so of course they all had their yellow gear sent to them in the mail SMH. And when the bug that locks your character and you can't log into it happens...oh dear it takes them over a week to do something and that is after many repeated letters sent to support.
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I agree their customer service is horrible.  As a matter of fact, my last issue and their inability to fix a situation that was clearly not my doing was the last straw for me.  It took a third party intervention for them to finally fix a rather obvious situation.  This took over a month to resolve.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Sounds to me like they DO get around to support,WHEN they feel like it.So likely just like so many of these big money operations,they only do support perhaps once a week.
    it is always amazing though,if something financially is strapping the developer they are ever so quick to MOVE their sorry asses but when comes to the customers,the ones who made them all that money,they treat them like "oh well we will get around to you when we feel like it" but hey thanks for your money.
    i have only had ONE good experience with customer support EVER in 30 or so years of gaming,that is really sad and that was believe it or not with SOE.

The rest of the lot are second rate amateurs and often times support staff is hired outside the developer which imo is very lame.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    In my case, ESO support was one of the best experiences I had.

ESO was crashing for me regularly, due to a highly specific issue with memory calls. After an exchange with the first generic representative, who offered the basic solutions, it did not help. Then they passed my request onto an actual developer, who gave me a detailed response about the issue and how to potentially fix it. From what I've seen in most games, it's fairly uncommon to escalate an issue straight to a developer - I was happy to see this from the ESO team.

The other issue I had was forgetting my account secret question. It was last christmas, so it took a few days to get it sorted. There was a 2-3 day delay on each response, so it took about a week and a half in total. It did get sorted eventually though.

Have to say all of their responses were on point. With some MMO support teams, you get the same answer over and over again, 4 times in a row. Did not have this experience with ESO at all.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Why do people need so much customer service?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Ikeda said:
    I'll be honest though, ESO does have pretty terrible support.  They don't comment, when they do it's canned, and then rather than consistently talking to one representative you find yourself re-hashing the same story with multiple reps in order to get anything accomplished.  Then they just recommend what the LAST person recommended and you have to start again.  And when you tell them you already tried that, they're skeptical that you did... like you're the one with the issue.
    Sounds like AT&T's customer support.
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    waynejr2 said:
    Why do people need so much customer service?
    Kind of a crazy question.

Because they have an issue they can not, or do not know how, to fix.

• ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    the fact that you had to log in to submit a ticket but the very problem you have is to log in. thats a problem I had with them before. there was like no other way to reach them besides logging in.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • KingkabukiKingkabuki Member CommonPosts: 4
    ApexTKM said:
    the fact that you had to log in to submit a ticket but the very problem you have is to log in. thats a problem I had with them before. there was like no other way to reach them besides logging in.

...I tried to login and it wouldn't let me, so I'd click on register and it took me to..............my account that I was logged in to...weird...
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    IF I only had a nickel for every time the worst of the worst had been found to be..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KingkabukiKingkabuki Member CommonPosts: 4
    Distopia said:
    IF I only had a nickel for every time the worst of the worst had been found to be..
    ...you must be the smartest guy in the world...
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I'll go with NCsoft (West) as being by far the most terrible customer support. They also treat you very rudely. Their tech support isn't even part of NCsoft, its an off company they got to do their support for them lol. I laughed all the way to the uninstall.

I find ESO has very good tech support. Its probably my 2nd best experiences with tech support (I always at minimum do 5 seperate support to come up with if they are good or not).

Of the 5 tech supports I sent in ESO (which were legit, like one problem was having a severe graphics bug, that changing video cards didn't fix. And the guy actually knew exact problem somehow). 4 of 5 were solved, but the 5th one they gave me free ESO gold or whatever for their cash shop, which I'd never seen a game do before if the problem couldn't be fixed (or easily fixed). Maybe that was luck.

I find the game company with the best tech support by far is Blizzard. 100% good experiences. Even when they can't solve my problem, it just feels genuine and they always are polite, friendly and nice. Granted, this is with their live chat agents, not by email.

I also find EA to surprisingly have good tech support. I haven't contacted them much though, but of the 3 times, all 3 were great experiences

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul