Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those no longer or never played WoW, what could they do to get you subbed?

2»

Comments

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    WoW is the game that made me hate daily quests. I started playing FFIX:ARR because I heard they had no dailies. A month or so in, dailies appeared. I stopped playing.

I have a need to finish achievements and when it relies on you doing 936 dailies to finish stuff, ugh.
  • routesmanroutesman Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Okay... let's see here...  Bring back the community feel and the difficulty.

1) Get rid of cross-server crap.  Back in vanilla WoW, great healers and great tanks or people who did things you didn't expect to see got reputations as great players.  I know that sounds a bit elitist, but it also gave people something to aspire to as well as potential people to learn from.  I'm a big believer in community and getting rid of the server crossover would make the communities smaller again.

Also, people will tend to be more polite as they don't want a negative reputation on their server.  SWG allowed one character per server per account.  While I don't think Blizzard needs to go THAT far, being limited to your server means that if you are a big enough asshole to get blacklisted... GG.  It makes for a much more polite gaming community.

2) Give us the world PvP we were promised
    World PvP was something WoW was supposed to have.  If there was one thing that dragged me to Warhammer Online, it was open RvR... course, then they got stupid and tried to be more like WoW and made scenarios (their version of Battlegrounds) more important than open RvR.  For those of us who played before Battlegrounds, who didn't love the Tarren Mill to Southshore open world PvP.  It was brutal, but people still talk about it.

Give us world PvP over the world, not just in a small section.  Make certain cities flippable... make watch towers around the world flippable.  Give us something to fight for on the world... that isn't loot.

3) Less vertical expansion, more horizontal
    Guild Wars did this near perfectly.  They added multiple expansions, but never increased the level cap.  And abilities that came in the original game were still useful and powerful at the end of Guild Wars.  You can add to your game without forcing people to get BETTER shit.

4) Make raiding matter
    Okay, everyone wants to see content, right?  Fine.  Keep LFR... but it drops no loot.  If casuals want LFR so they can see all the content, then they don't need the loot, do they?  I know, I know... then they have no reason to grind anymore.  Or they could take what they learn from LFR AND actually try raiding at normal levels.

5) 25 or 40...
    I was in a 10 man raid guild during cata and I loved it.  But it didn't feel epic with only 10 people in the raid.  Raids should feel epic... so 25 and 40 mans please.

6) World bosses are cool
    See point 2... world bosses are something to fight over.  And an opportunity to screw over the other faction.  Might upset people, but this was a blast.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited November 2016
    WoW is the game that made me hate daily quests. I started playing FFIX:ARR because I heard they had no dailies. A month or so in, dailies appeared. I stopped playing.

I have a need to finish achievements and when it relies on you doing 936 dailies to finish stuff, ugh.
    You quit due to optional dailies that they separated from the end-game so they have no bearing unless you wanna get some cosmetic items or pets? They're meant for the casual player to have something to do if they don't wanna raid or anything. Even if you wanna do the relic weapon, it's not the only way to get the items, it just speeds up the process a bit. 

Also, please learn Roman numerals, it's not FF9, it's FF14. FFXIV.

That being said, you shouldn't play WoW ever again, 'cause it's more or less just randomized dailies aside from raiding. 
  • PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190
    edited November 2016
    They would have to do 2 things to get me back:

1. Bring back honor and conquest vendors with a way to acquire conquest similar to how it worked in WoD.

2. Remove the pvp template system completely. (I don't like not being able to choose my stats)

But after a while things would get old and with the system they have now there is no way I would start over with an alt - especially another spec of my current class... so I doubt my sub would last very long, unless they made changes to make the game alt friendly again

• IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Make it a good game
  • Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Release a new game. This one is dated as fuck.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    For me it's the aesthetics.  I just don't like them.  The graphics are just a bit too cartoony for me to start with. Then the gear just looks ridiculous.  Characters running around with swords that are three times the size of their bodies.  90 pound characters jumping around with shoulder pads the size of lawn chairs.

I lean more towards realistic looks than artistic license in my games.  Not that I don't mind a bit of nonsense now and then, but good grief, WoW is just packed with things that, to me personally, look farcical.