Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO failed me thinking of buying this now, did f2p ruin it??

hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
I played many times before, quit last time cause I spent my 60 dollar sub money on a 4 wheeler payment. This time though I don't want to multi box I dont think, maybe one other character. Did they make the graphics any better?, and the title question?

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    I'm pretty sure the specific type of F2P won't ruin EVE; it's essentially an unlimited trial that's also available to returning players.

Somewhat to our surprise, CCP evidently put in a considerable amount of thought into Alpha clones, and so far it seems to be working pretty well.

Yes the graphics are prettier.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

And to forestall the inevitable follow-on question (and to allow me to show off a bit) take note of http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=4051,4056,4068&b=7312550,7312550,7312490&e=10,40,115&t=qvbb

See how ~3/4 of the ships on the blue team are ships that alphas can fly.

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    edited November 2016
    Malcanis said:
    And to forestall the inevitable follow-on question (and to allow me to show off a bit) take note of http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=4051,4056,4068&b=7312550,7312550,7312490&e=10,40,115&t=qvbb

See how ~3/4 of the ships on the blue team are ships that alphas can fly.

I will take a look. That is interesting, so free to play didn't kill it then, thanks for responding. I can't see a replacement for a eve online kinda game, so eve it is :) I don't remember blue and red, is it a new team thing? I will have to look that up. Looks like red team lost a lot more money lol. 
    The "blue" and "red" are arbitrary colours used by the Battle Report generator. My alliance ("The Initiative." and "Initiative Mercenaries") are the ones who won that encounter. Traditionally the winner of the fight gets to post the BR and smug about it.

Malcanis said:
    The "blue" and "red" are arbitrary colours used by the Battle Report generator. My alliance ("The Initiative." and "Initiative Mercenaries") are the ones who won that encounter. Traditionally the winner of the fight gets to post the BR and smug about it.
    Ahh i see, I am gonna have to get into more pvp this time around. 
    CCP have further balanced things toward group play. I mean if all you want to do is runn missions and watch your wallet accumulate, you can still do that, but just about every other field apart from exploration is significantly more rewarding with a team of similarly inclined people.
    I highy recommend joining a group with at least some inclination towards and minimal competence in fighting, or if not that then the support of another one that is.
    PvP is super accessible these days. Get a few ships and get into a group that supports newbies (there are 6 or 7 well known ones now) and get involved.

Alternatively, join Signal Cartel. They do exploration and are non-aggressive.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    The game is still a subscription game, the f2p limits are rather significant, so it is more of an extended free trial.  If you like the game expect to subscribe to it.  
    Malcanis said:
    CCP have further balanced things toward group play. I mean if all you want to do is runn missions and watch your wallet accumulate, you can still do that, but just about every other field apart from exploration is significantly more rewarding with a team of similarly inclined people.
    I highy recommend joining a group with at least some inclination towards and minimal competence in fighting, or if not that then the support of another one that is.
    PvP is super accessible these days. Get a few ships and get into a group that supports newbies (there are 6 or 7 well known ones now) and get involved.

Alternatively, join Signal Cartel. They do exploration and are non-aggressive.
    Thank you very much. I want to go with a supportive role, if they still have that. I was working towards that at one point. Like regenerating shields and armor.
    Ah you're talking about Logistics ships. Logibros are nearly always welcome in fleets, and most PvP alliances will offer 100% ship replacement for them as well. You can scale your ambitions from the T1 repair frigates right up to Fleet Auxilliary (aka "FAX") ships, which are capital logistics ships.

Malcanis said:
    Ah you're talking about Logistics ships. Logibros are nearly always welcome in fleets, and most PvP alliances will offer 100% ship replacement for them as well. You can scale your ambitions from the T1 repair frigates right up to Fleet Auxilliary (aka "FAX") ships, which are capital logistics ships.
    Sounds prefect then, a nice start, and long term goal. Thank you very much. 
    I have another question, my patcher says its done, but its still downloading according to the taskmanager?
    Yeah the progression goes (for eg: Caldari) Bantam (T1 frigate) -> Kirin (T2 frigate) -> Osprey (T1 cruiser) -> Basilisk (T2 cruiser) -> Minokawa (capital)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Malcanis said:
    Yeah the progression goes (for eg: Caldari) Bantam (T1 frigate) -> Kirin (T2 frigate) -> Osprey (T1 cruiser) -> Basilisk (T2 cruiser) -> Minokawa (capital)
    After you finish training for shield logi you can do it all over again for armor repping.

As mentioned if you enjoy this role and become proficient you'll be welcome almost everywhere.

Sometimes your alliance mates will even throw you a tip for a job well done.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Malcanis said:
    I'm pretty sure the specific type of F2P won't ruin EVE; it's essentially an unlimited trial that's also available to returning players.

Somewhat to our surprise, CCP evidently put in a considerable amount of thought into Alpha clones, and so far it seems to be working pretty well.

Watched a CCP Twitch report yesterday and the Devs said they were very impressed with how welcoming the vets have been to the new players 

They also said their decision to not let people log in both alpha and omega clone accounts at the same time has largely eliminated potential abuse of the new system.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Malcanis said:

Watched a CCP Twitch report yesterday and the Devs said they were very impressed with how welcoming the vets have been to the new players 

They also said their decision to not let people log in both alpha and omega clone accounts at the same time has largely eliminated potential abuse of the new system.

I am very happy they did that. I found that out when i tried to log in my second character. I have both omgeas now. I really like the system, and the new graphics. 
    welcome (back) to EVE!

PS be careful about shooting rats you don't recognise. Drifters are mean!

Malcanis said:
    welcome (back) to EVE!

Thank you very much :). I dont think i will be shooting for awhile. Enjoying mining, with my armor repair ship next to my miner, to see if it can survive a suicide gank:), waiting for my frigate skills, and tier 2 logistics. Playing stellaris while I mine :) 
    Malcanis said:
    welcome (back) to EVE!

Thank you very much :). I dont think i will be shooting for awhile. Enjoying mining, with my armor repair ship next to my miner, to see if it can survive a suicide gank:), waiting for my frigate skills, and tier 2 logistics. Playing stellaris while I mine :) 
    If you aren't mining in a Skiff or Proc the answer is it can't survive a determined suicide gank.

Best to keep a close eye on local and be suspicious of anyone new in the system.  Be sure to set CODE to flashing red in your overview, assuming you are in high sec.

Kyleran said:
    Malcanis said:
    welcome (back) to EVE!

If you aren't mining in a Skiff or Proc the answer is it can't survive a determined suicide gank.

Best to keep a close eye on local and be suspicious of anyone new in the system.  Be sure to set CODE to flashing red in your overview, assuming you are in high sec.
    Well no one came so i just switched to mining both lol.