Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So retro graphic has been the buzz for some time now.

2»

Comments

• mastermind335mastermind335 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    It is the buzz for us 80's and 90's but if you ask the children they think it literally sucks :D
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,271
    Yes I understand that there are few who are actual from that generation who still love that kind of games, It's the same with the old school modding scene if you know what I'm talking about, they are few but dedicated.
    The majority are the "IN" crowd who thinks these games a cool its the new cool thing to play pretty much like Pokemon go, hence why I wrote hipster. 

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Maurgrim said:
    I really hate the term 'lazy programmer' here that's being tossed about... This leads me to believe that some don't understand what and how much is entailed in even making the simplest of software. Or at least the scope of whats involved. Everyone has to start somewhere, even programmers. Can't just take one or two people and expect them to release the prettiest most complex game.

It can really be a daunting task. It took me weeks to make my first pong game. I could only imagine how much time would be involved in scratch making a platformer in say purely GL primitives. 

Accomplishments are accomplishments. Show some gratitude and pride. Or put your money where your mouth is and prove you can make a better game. Take that challenge and I'll even promote it for you. 

Can you explain why all of the sudden crapload of 2d, retro, pixles games coming out almost every day for the last couple of years?

It wasent like this 3-4 years ago, It's a trend now very much like hipsters, they ARE easy to make compare to what indie game developers worked with 5 years ago.
    These games are popping up left and right, does this mean all of the sudden thousands of new degrees in gaming software development  graduated 2 year ago and starting producing theirs first projects?

They are fast food games made for retro hipsters, simple as that.
    there is something that gamers have been saying for decades now that large companies have been ignoring and now that its easier to become an indie the evidence of that voice is being seen.

That game play is more important than graphics. HOWEVER....that doesnt mean graphics are not important at all. But the 8bit graphics with high end play is just like an extreeme counter balance to try to get things back to center. Its not conscious but I think that is why

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me