Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Hero's Song Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,174
    Wizardry said:
    "Potential" lmao

I give it a 3/10 if this was 1985,but this is 2016,i give it a 1/10 not sure how i justify a 1.
    How could anyone at all,justify playing this over the MANY MUCH better options out there?

Seriously Ultima Online was doing more back in 1997.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,182
    Talonsin said:

carotid said:

Wraithone said:

Thanks HL, another funny video. ^^ As for the game, if dear old Smed has anything to do with it, I'm not interested. Why? NGE and EQN come to mind...

Why keep  a grudge over stupid crap?

Your right! When the next game being marketed by Jason Appleton or Sean Murray shows up, I am going to buy it. I mean, past performance is no reason to judge a current product, am I rite???
    How is that even close to being within the same realm of logic? There's a huge difference between scamming people as those you mentioned did, and making a bad decision (that more than one company had a hand in) or canceling a project (as it was obvious the company itself was in disarray, and had no future).. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Surprisingly untainted review, this guy should do them more often.
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256

Nilden said:

Wizardry said:

"Potential" lmao

I give it a 3/10 if this was 1985,but this is 2016,i give it a 1/10 not sure how i justify a 1.

How could anyone at all,justify playing this over the MANY MUCH better options out there?

Seriously Ultima Online was doing more back in 1997.

Unfortunately your right. I never would of guessed when I fell in love with the genre in 1997 that It was already as good as it would get. I imagined limitless possibilities. Now loom at me, getting excited over this game. What happened???
  • TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,581

Pretty fun little game so far. I am interested in seeing where they take it and develop it further.

Yup. I feel the same way! Lots of potential!
    Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,581

Aori said:

Good video. The art design of the game doesn't interest me though. The trees bug me.. a lot.

wait until you see the buildings, lol
    Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 643

Anyone knows any interesting features they are planning to add to the game?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Herossong/comments/5dgsbm/heres_a_short_list_of_what_were_working_on_right/
    I dont see anything besides quests in the list that extends the game beyond "run around and kill".

My aim is not to criticize the game, but I read quite many reviews saying that there is not much to do in the game outside of killing mobs. I was wondering what the people expect to be added which will significantly improve the game.

I am curious since I count with purchasing this game in the future.

EDIT: Player towns sound good.
    I didn't see it on that list, but the Steam page mentions boats. So float around and kill too. 

I got the game. I enjoy it so far, but it is very uneven at this point. I think the new user experience mostly being "create a world and go, you'll figure it out" is probably making it more interesting to me as it feels a lot like UO, EQ, ans AC felt when I first logged into them and had no idea what the hell I was doing aside from running or dying. Not sure how long that will last, but it feels different enough from most other games for now. Something fun about it I can't really explain.
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

I do one every week... but they're all tainted.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,617

https://www.reddit.com/r/Herossong/comments/5dgsbm/heres_a_short_list_of_what_were_working_on_right/
    I dont see anything besides quests in the list that extends the game beyond "run around and kill".

My aim is not to criticize the game, but I read quite many reviews saying that there is not much to do in the game outside of killing mobs. I was wondering what the people expect to be added which will significantly improve the game.

http://forums.pixelmagegames.com/forum/main-forum/4560-here-s-a-short-list-of-what-we-re-working-on-right-now

I've not read the reddit thread, but that is one to check as well. Right now there isn't really anything else to do but kill and loot. Even then loot is very bare bones.

I'm slammed at work and don't have much time to put into proper testing, but there are a lot of bugs that could stand to be reported. There is also feedback on gameplay I'm sure would helpful.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,617
    So so tainted even I feel a bit... dirty, just watching them.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,907
    Torval said:

http://forums.pixelmagegames.com/forum/main-forum/4560-here-s-a-short-list-of-what-we-re-working-on-right-now

I've not read the reddit thread, but that is one to check as well. Right now there isn't really anything else to do but kill and loot. Even then loot is very bare bones.

I'm slammed at work and don't have much time to put into proper testing, but there are a lot of bugs that could stand to be reported. There is also feedback on gameplay I'm sure would helpful.
    I think its the same list as the one on reddit.

The fact that there is nothing else to do besides killing and looting is what most people here and on steam say. However, I am yet to see what are the features that people expect to be implemented later on which will elevate the game from its current state to a game that fulfils the great potential many people talk about.

I guess they will reveal more when the development progresses a little further.

@frostymug I absolutely understand what you mean by that, so you dont need to explain it :). I also enjoy being thrown in the world without proper guidance and just run around, explore, figure how things work myself. Combine this with the threat of permadeath and other hardcore elements and I am sold. It is the main reason why I am going to buy this game, even if not many additional features are implemented.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Interesting choice for graphics, though i think that its a hurdle for gaining interest, 50 player max servers, and no dedicated servers, characters that die often and having to start over from the beginning, well Kudo's to Hive Leader for showing us so much of the game, all i can say is he has far more patience than i do, but his Video was very informative, so really have to thank the guy, he took one for the team.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,538
    If Hero's Song is a sandbox, it's currently one where the kids in the sandbox aren't even provided any buckets to play with, let alone water to shape things with or much else.

Hopefully this will change as they add things like housing etc to it.  We'll have to wait and see if that happens.

I'll stay away regardless for personal reasons.  I can't stand perma-death in my games (at least ones that don't have save-scumming, which MMOs obviously don't), no matter how hard it is to get.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,803

carotid said:

Wraithone said:

Thanks HL, another funny video. ^^ As for the game, if dear old Smed has anything to do with it, I'm not interested. Why? NGE and EQN come to mind...

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME". Smed has had multiple chances over the years. He has continued true to form. If you consider NGE and EQN to be "stupid crap", then we obviously have little in common.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Great review laughed so hard but i'll wait abit longer before jumping in .
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,916
    Wraithone said:

carotid said:

Wraithone said:

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME". Smed has had multiple chances over the years. He has continued true to form. If you consider NGE and EQN to be "stupid crap", then we obviously have little in common.
    I thought that cliche had been forever changed by George W so the second part now is all about the Who's Won't get Fooled Again.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • TolrocTolroc Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Great review! I usually can't stand most video reviews, but this is a good balance of humor and information.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,797
    TBH it doesn't look as shit as I expected.
    Gameplay wise at least...
    Harbinger of Fools
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

Torval said:

So so tainted even I feel a bit... dirty, just watching them.

Then my job is complete. If you aren't feeling like you need a shower after watching my videos, then I've failed!