Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multi-Player Survival Games with Building feature

DamonDamon Member UncommonPosts: 170
If you have a suggested title for a multi-player Survival game with a feature to build structures, please reply.

I've put in a ton of hours on ARK: Survival Evolved, and I like their design.
However, I'm looking for something else now.
After spending hours cycling through games on Steam, I'm hoping the MMORPG.com community might be able to help me out.

Thank you,
Damon

Comments

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    edited November 2016
    The obvious answer, at least to me, is Rust. You may have your reasons for avoiding it, and they're probably legitimate. It can be a pretty tough environment to enjoy yourself in if you're just looking to play casually and do your own thing, particularly without a group.

Reign of Kings is also a crafting, building, PvP based survival game that's set in a medieval world, with a struggle that focuses around a throne placed on the map which allows whoever controls it to set taxes for other players. The servers are typically a bit smaller, and the game is less populated than Rust, so it gives solo's a better chance of experiencing everything.

Project Zomboid is another. It's an isometric, zombie survival simulator that is both single player and multiplayer, that draws influence from games like Ultima Online, and has a bunch of popular servers that range from private to public, PvP, PvE, or RP. Building and crafting is fairly character dependent, as you need to raise skills and scavenge quite a bit to make anything substantial, but just about everything in the game is moveable. You can build a fort, rip up the carpet from houses to lay in your own, bring out a fridge or a cooler, hook it up to a generator (that requires gas to operate), hang art on your walls, paint them or plaster them, grow a garden, create containers to collect rain. It's a great game, I can't stress enough.

Those are the first three I'd recommend to anyone, at least.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited November 2016
    Post edited by Scorchien on
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Wait for dark and light, this year.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    H1Z1 just survive if it ever releases. LHU 2017
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Dragnelus said:
    You still think it will release this year? We're almost out of runway here. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    7 Days to Die gets my vote.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Kyleran said:
    Dragnelus said:
    You still think it will release this year? We're almost out of runway here. ;)
    Hope so! Playing Ark atm, unofficial server, joined a tribe, 10x all exp and fast taming etc, kinda fun.