Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CBT1 - TheHiveLeader's Impressions - Revelation Online Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageCBT1 - TheHiveLeader's Impressions - Revelation Online Videos - MMORPG.com

Revelation Online has been in Closed Beta for over a week now! After some extended time flying around, it's time for TheHiveLeader to let you know his thoughts! Is it good? Is it bad? Is it worth all the hype? Is it a dud? Is it just alright? Probably the last one...

Read the full story here

Comments

• rudolfrealrudolfreal Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Much better than last video!!! Thanks! As fun as usual. xD
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Nice video
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    good resume
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    LOL

Great Vid as usual HL :)
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Does this game have pvp servers or mini games? Sorry I have not read much about this game and wondering if my fellow MMORPG.com peeps can answer this for me.
  • bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Great video as always. Careful people will be expecting greatness in all your vids! And you know what that leads to.

Apparently I didn't play long enough because I never made it out of the corny beginning to get to any part that I really enjoyed.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2016
    Lol Flipper will F you up I will say the translations on the systems (don't care about quest text) should've been done more up to the cap they were planning to set. This game has a lot of in-depth stuff, such as transferring your bonus stats from gear to craft and so on, yet none of that was translated, not even how to use the warehouse system which has to be learned in your skills (had to do some in-depth googling on that). At the end of the day, human's fear/hate what they don't understand.
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    So a publisher releases a CBT and invites in a lot more players in than normal, which is a pretty cool thing, so they can test the server and login systems and all those players do is shit all over them for the negative stuff. This is why we can't have nice things.
    Bellomo said:
    Does this game have pvp servers or mini games? Sorry I have not read much about this game and wondering if my fellow MMORPG.com peeps can answer this for me.

It is open world PvP after level 40 with PvP battlegrounds that have a capture and hold the flag gameplay and mini boss's.
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    edited November 2016
    why does this game look 80 percent the exact same as Blade and soul ???

is this just Blade and Soul reskinned ???

the UI , the class choice system ect ect Alll looks the exact same as Blade and soul

why does everything look the same as Blade and soul ??????????
    How shitty when a NEW game looks the exact same as a Old game
    edited November 2016

The More I watch this video, The more I think ,Blade and soul reskinned with wings

Horrible stuff

Always have high hopes for something new, then we get Reskinns of old games Over and Over and Over and Over  =)

when will the Insanity end ? haha

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Grimula said:

The More I watch this video, The more I think ,Blade and soul reskinned with wings

Horrible stuff

Always have high hopes for something new, then we get Reskinns of old games Over and Over and Over and Over  =)

when will the Insanity end ? haha

Blade & Soul reskinned = Aion.

And I agree, this is just another import that will make some $$ and then disappear into obscurity.
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    edited November 2016
    Why is the install exe. trying to connect with a ISP in the Phillipines and one with an unknown address?
    The unknown address is link to one in Mexico.
    Post edited by Jamar870 on
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Wow sounds so much what I'm not looking for.
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    The tutorial-like linearity goes up to level 20? Aw, I heard it was like 17. Still, a real killer for people like me who are alt-aholics. No fun making new characters if you have to run through all that every time. Maybe in the final there will be a way to skip up some? And the wings don't come in until level 29? I was disappointed in the combat, too. Just seemed like hop around to dodge and hit the power buttons and stuff happens quickly. I miss the way in City of Heroes it really felt like you were doing something, it was deliberate, almost like taking turns but fluid, and a battle as a Blaster could be so different from fighting as a Controller, and even Scrappers and Tanks had a different feel to them. The comparison to Blade & Soul is not all that close, in my opinion, but fighting on this game with my animal-spirit wielder seemed very similar to fighting there with my little Blademaster. Again, maybe at higher levels... I'm not sure gamers haven't brought this state on themselves to some extent; it seems like I remember many complaints about many games being "end-capped" and not having enough "high-level content." No? And then again, when you've got these "sandbox" games that have limited worlds with pre-set dungeons and raids that always re-set, that's going to be an inevitable problem. And it does seem like a lot of players think the goal of playing is to "win the game" by getting up to the highest level, and the faster, the better, so that figures in to this problem too. If they're expecting a lot of players to be like that, why not just make the lower levels an entertaining story you zip through?
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    bamwalla said:
    Apparently I didn't play long enough because I never made it out of the corny beginning to get to any part that I really enjoyed.
    I feel the same way.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Jamar870 said:
    Why is the install exe. trying to connect with a ISP in the Phillipines and one with an unknown address?
    The unknown address is link to one in Mexico.
    Because of hte My.com works, their launcher allows p2p downloading, so it will allow other people to download form your clients, and vice-versa, where your seeing connections could either be others downloading from yours or vice-versa
    Its written somewhere in their very very very small print

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited November 2016
    Sadly, this video is clearly still in the tutorial honeymoon phase (which is like, the honey moon phase AND the phase where you haven't even reached what the game will actually be like if you continue playing it for months on end).  I mean, it ends just as he reached the part where open world PvP started, for example, and he hasn't reached housing either yet to my knowledge.  Sure, this video does a good deal to show what the game will be like in like, the first WEEK, but what about months down the line?  He's already level 40 in a couple weeks or so, so how will things be if in another week he reaches level cap and then the game play completely shifts (because MMO gameplay ALWAYS completely shifts once you reach level cap.  Well, almost always, especially in games like these)

The ride from level 1 to level cap is practically a completely different game from the "What do I do now?" game at level cap for any MMO.  And apparently that ride from 1 to cap only lasts like, a couple weeks if he's already reached level 40.  What will the ride be like after that?

Sadly, to ask any reviewer to review every MMO at cap is something you should never ask of anyone unless you're trying to inflict cruel and unusual punishment, due to the time committment needed for such things.  When I think about it, that's one of the most devious things about this genre.  It's almost impossible to get a review of what the game is really like past the first month of one's gameplay or so (when the game changes to be practically a different game as you hit level cap) because it would require a reviewer to play for an entire month just to get to that point, and any players you ask for a review of a game they've been playing for a month+ tend to get rather biased, to say the least.
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    LIOKI said:
    So a publisher releases a CBT and invites in a lot more players in than normal, which is a pretty cool thing, so they can test the server and login systems and all those players do is shit all over them for the negative stuff. This is why we can't have nice things.
    Bellomo said:

It is open world PvP after level 40 with PvP battlegrounds that have a capture and hold the flag gameplay and mini boss's.

Thanks my man