Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most fun class ever... in any MMORPG, cast your votes..

Comments

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Hellgate London Global = Engineer class.
    Everquest 2 = Every class i've played so far was great.
    Anarchy Online = Adventurer. 
    Earth & Beyond = Jenquei Defender.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    DAoC- Thane

WoW- Protection Paladin, Fury warrior and Death Knight.

SWTOR- Sith Warrior/Vengence Juggernaut 

Tera- Slayer (especially at launch), Lancer and Berzerker.

Blade & Soul: Assassin

Neverwinter: Rogue

GW2- Thief and Warrior

Rift- SpellBlade (wish this class was more ubiquitous)

Global Agenda - Assault Class and Recon class

These are the classes I had the most fun in the mmos I can think off the top of the my head.  There are several other mmos i've played but can't recall any classes that really stood out.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    I really enjoyed playing a Monk in EQ.  My paladin is still my heart, but for just pure fun, monk.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    WotLK Warlock
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    That seems like a very standard warrior class. Curious what made it stand out to you.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Eldurian said:
    That seems like a very standard warrior class. Curious what made it stand out to you.
    The truth is that I really enjoy the rotation for Veng Jug more than I do any of the Mara Specs.  I find it a lot more fun.

During vanilla having Heavy armor actually meant something ( just what gear you could wear etc.) so I also used to like that 
  • SteelhelmSteelhelm Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Vanilla WoW fury warrior.
    Talking about games where thousands of players exist simultaneously in a single instance and mechanics related to such games.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    DAOC - Minstrel, Skald, Therigist

You liked speedy groups? :)

(My main was a Theurgist as well)
    I liked controlling the speed.

Minstrel was a great utility class. Could stealth, climb keep walls, buff, stun, crowd control and lets not forget twisting.

Skald was a fast, yet durable finisher, with a 1-2 insta damage DD spell combo that let me take countless foes down who were near death and trying to escape.

My favorite thing to do with a Theuri was send a horde of ice pets after defenders who would peek out of their keeps and watch my "pets" follow them back inside to finish them off.

There were many other classes I enjoyed in DAOC, my Infiltrator in Darkness Falls stealther wars, my Hunter in the Shadowclan, even my Paladin who was great for PVE tanking, even if a bit useless for PVP.

Can't forget my necromancer and vampyr, two classes I used to powerlevel characters for myself and many others.

I really loved DAOC, can you tell? ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    DAOC - Minstrel, Skald, Therigist

You liked speedy groups? :)

(My main was a Theurgist as well)
    I liked controlling the speed.

Minstrel was a great utility class. Could stealth, climb keep walls, buff, stun, crowd control and lets not forget twisting.

Skald was a fast, yet durable finisher, with a 1-2 insta damage DD spell combo that let me take countless foes down who were near death and trying to escape.

My favorite thing to do with a Theuri was send a horde of ice pets after defenders who would peek out of their keeps and watch my "pets" follow them back inside to finish them off.

There were many other classes I enjoyed in DAOC, my Infiltrator in Darkness Falls stealther wars, my Hunter in the Shadowclan, even my Paladin who was great for PVE tanking, even if a bit useless for PVP.

Can't forget my necromancer and vampyr, two classes I used to powerlevel characters for myself and many others.

When it comes to classes, DAoC was spot on..

I had many many favourites in that world...
    When it came to speed, i would have to choose Bard, a very very diverse class...

But also some of the later classes like reaver and bonedancer where spot on, but my favorite class must have been the mentalist, playing with charmed pets was incredible much fun.... also sorcerer was spot on...

And the midgard healer... best groupclass ever..  Yes, there was a lot of goodness in this game when it came to classes...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran said:

Me too. I also loved pairing up for a minstrel in RVR. Speed and bubbles... what's not to love?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BarbieBoyBarbieBoy Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Let's see:
    • Engineer from Guild Wars 2
    • Ranger/* from Guild Wars 1
    • Hunter from World of Warcraft
    • Druid from World of Warcraft
    • Warlock from World of Warcraft
    • Paladin from Dungeons & Dragons 2nd ed.
    I want to add Ultima Online but it's a classless sandbox mmorpg.

• SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
    ESO: Templar
    Everquest: Paladin
    Everquest 2: Paladin

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    TKA/Rifleman combo in original SWG

Mesmer in GW2

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    edited November 2016

BH/rifleman combo SWG

BH/Rifle/Jedi apprentice combo was pure pwnage too

• Stainless72Stainless72 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Everquest 2: Shadowknight
    DDO:            Favoured Soul
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Now we have 6 pages of this and it has been consistent.

We all have our favored games, but the ones that provided the best vision of what your role in the world is, the ones with the strongest character classes, were all old games.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Master Swordman/Doctor SWG
    Druid WoW
    GW2 Necro

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    The BDO ninja is insane.
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 708
    Vanguard had some of the best classes I have played in my 17 years of playing MMO's

Vanguard -
    Bloodmage - By far my favorite class to date. Nuking, healing through siphoning your own life, healing through nuking, nasty dots,  powerful bufs, etc, etc.  Most enjoyable class I have played. 
    Disciple - Another insanely fun class

Everquest -
    Enchanter -  The double edged sword class.  You could be the most powerful class in the game and yet, the weakest.  The only class to date that has a risk vs reward factor built into it.  I could clear planes of power zones with charmed mobs that I buffed to hell an back but was insanely dangerous.  Risk vs reward.  Only class to this date to have this.
    Magician - The ONLY pet class to this very day that the PET does the bulk of damage for the class, with insane pet buffs, summon weapons/armor/effects to benefit your pet.  How a pet class should be. I still don't understand how mmo developers cannot replicate and build on this concept.  I am dying for a strong pet class but cant find any :(

• damon1damon1 Member CommonPosts: 1
    #1 Aion: Chanter
    #2 BnS: Blade dancer
    #3 WoW: Boomkin
  • WW4BWWW4BW Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Everquest: Bard
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    ESO: Templar
    Everquest: Paladin
    Everquest 2: Paladin

Pally Dan in general. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Pretty much anything from EverQuest.  They had the best class designers in the industry, and a lot of their classes still are more cohesive than the "give it a name, but it can be anything at any moment" classes in other games.

You knew what you were creating, and the class kept its theme over more than a decade.  Quite an accomplishment for those developers; staying true to the creators' original intentions.  EQ2 is quite similar, actually.

One thing I hate about more modern MMORPGs is the classes are fluid.  Character Creation almost doesn't matter.  Either you have a class system where they are trying to appease everyone regardless of what choice they made (ESO, GW2 to a lesser extent), or you have set classes that can be morphed and changed drastically (completely destroying the reasons for ever rolling the class) by a patch, update or expansion (Lineage II with their Awakening Update, World of Warcraft does this routinely, and others).
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    centkin said:
    Now we have 6 pages of this and it has been consistent.

We all have our favored games, but the ones that provided the best vision of what your role in the world is, the ones with the strongest character classes, were all old games.
    There's a good reason for that.

Hint: it's not nostagia. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    edited November 2016
    Vindictus: Evie
    Scythe wielding melee or staff caster, summoned golems and engineer type items. Great combat and outstanding animations never played anything like it to date.