Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HYPE METER!!

FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
Lets watch the hype meter flucutate now that RO is exposing itself to be what it was obviously going to be; a terrible attempt to cash grab in a shittily ported crap L2 version 8.0. This is going to be hilarious.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    People take the hype meter seriously?

I don't even open it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• StevonStevon Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Probably the biggest pile of crap I've played in a long time, MMO wise for sure.   The design is so completely misguided and poorly executed... it's like playing an old bad console game made from scraps of textures and models downloaded from a "free game assets" website (should such a thing exist).
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Stevon said:
    Probably the biggest pile of crap I've played in a long time, MMO wise for sure.   The design is so completely misguided and poorly executed... it's like playing an old bad console game made from scraps of textures and models downloaded from a "free game assets" website (should such a thing exist).
    whats so bad?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    the questing is horrible , and the gameplay while "ok" lets much to be desired for some classes , graphics are good enough , the only cool thing is flying :/ , but that wont save a horrible game
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    There are much worse games out there.
    The localization, while a utter joke right now, was obviously not the focus of this CBT.
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    The game does have a vary dated look and feel to it. If this was 2010 it would be fine but in 2017 it's kind of meh from a visual standpoint. It seems like Netease is already moving on too and making a new game that looks better visually but seems to have the same style. No idea if or when it will be put out in the west since it's still in beta but it does look a lot better from the early videos.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    LIOKI said:
    There are much worse games out there.
    The localization, while a utter joke right now, was obviously not the focus of this CBT.
    I thought the focus of any real cbt was to test systems in place to see if they work properly and such? Kinda hard to do if localization is a failure before then.

My only problem with the game is My.com. They obviously didn't take this serious enough to release it in such a state where the translation was done as poorly as it was for the level cap set. They could've easily made the cap 30 or something and did translations on everything up to that point. This wouldn't have gotten as much flaming if they had said it was alpha instead of cbt. Alpha you can hold in a state for however long you desire. CBT tells the community that the game is going live in 2-3 months. With all the translation needed, that's honestly not going to be possible, since the main story quests (which give joke exp after 30) will take 1-2 months alone to do. I'm not even going to expect voice acting. Deadlines are bull excuses since you can't make money off of something that won't get a large enough playerbase due to your first impression.
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    donger56 said:
    The game does have a vary dated look and feel to it. If this was 2010 it would be fine but in 2017 it's kind of meh from a visual standpoint. It seems like Netease is already moving on too and making a new game that looks better visually but seems to have the same style. No idea if or when it will be put out in the west since it's still in beta but it does look a lot better from the early videos.
    This is a company that has its business model nailed down. Release version x.1 of an old game every two years with a new title, make money off whales in china, then port it to the west for a quick founder's pack cash grab. Rinse Repeat. This "new" game could not be anymore of a generic rip-off than Revelation Online is of Lineage 2 and Aion. They can probably "develop" these new games in less than 6 months by merely re-using assets and code. Its utterly amazing that the sheeple in China are that in need of a stick with which to measure their c*ck wallet. It is equally amazing that westerners continue to eat up the hype and buy into gate closed access through founder's packs.