Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELP! I've had a very bad MMO year

2»

Comments

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I mean this seriously.  Don't play any online game for 6 months and then come back.  They will be fun or you will be over them.  I found after time away I really enjoyed MMOs again. . for around 6 months then went back to SP games.  It is working for me.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited October 2016
    DMKano said:
    forgot to mention a viable alternative - buy a fully geared end game account = no grind
    Well except most games prohibit this so the practice is inherently risky in several ways.

As such its just wrong too, but that doesn't seem to concern folks much these days

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Pick any game, buy a ready made character with everything that someone is selling...and proceed to beat up on new players till your hearts content.

I would recommend any of the Korean imports.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    GW2 had really fun PvP.

I just found it difficult to get into. And it's even harder as a solo player.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    edited October 2016
    I'm really into Black Desert this period and that is not exactly a grind free MMO,but from my experience I'm not aware of a less grindy MMO than GW2,if you play it the following way.

Download the f2p version.
    Casually level your toon to 80.
    Do the personal story quests,and fully open any zone you visit on the path of the story.
    Take your time to explore and learn the mechanics of the game.
    Don't worry about 100% world completion.
    Don't worry about low level dungeons.
    Don't worry about getting points in order to unlock the trait lines and skills of your class.
    Just the points you get from each level up,up to level 80,will award you with enough points to unlock everything.
    Keep the starter 20 slot bag,and fill the rest of the available slots with 18 slot Mithril boxes.
    Don't worry about gear before you hit 80.Don't worry about the stats of your gear yet.
    Use the best of the pieces you loot,and salvage the rest.
    If you are into crafting,level a profession by using only the mats you gather,don't waste any gold on materialsfrom the TP.
    Know that crafting is only useful at end game and for acquiring rare and very expensive vanity items,or acquiring gear with some rare stat combinations,neither of which you need in order to be potent and run content.

At level 80 try to get a full exotic gear set.That's more than adequate to run everything but higher level fractals.
    The cheapest way to do that is by running the explorable paths of dungeons.
    Run the paths that offer gear with the stats you want.
    Alternatively you can run low level fractals and use the gold you get there to buy the gear from the TP.

If you like the game and decide to get HoT and gear up to ascended,keep running low level fractals.
    Don't rush getting the masteries in HoT,take your time.
    Don't spend gold on crafting ascended gear or leveling a profession to 500.
    Run the low level fractals,and as you start getting pieces slowly build up you agony resistance so that you can eventually run the t4 dailies.
    T4 dailies award you with a full ascended armor set every 2 weeks or so.
    You get weapons,armor and rings as drops.
    Use laurels to buy amulets and accesorries.
    For backpacks the cheapest option is the new LS season 3 maps.
    If you don't want to buy the story,get someone to port you there.

I won't get into more details because at this point if you are level 80 and got HoT,and gearing for ascended,you should do some research on the fastest and most cost efficient ways for gearing up,the best stats for each build,the best ways to get gold etc.

GW2 allows you to be competitive with just a set of easily acquirable exotics.
    If you start rushing,and pushing for full ascended from the start,want to min max your toon,or you want to craft one of the expensive legendary weapons,you will grind.
    I won't be as bad as in a Korean game,but it will be a grind.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Bah Grind is not any issue, it is what makes the MMO genre as the games being long-term so need long-term goals, and such.

It's the type of grind and progression you'll face, if the gameplay is fun and variated on a MMO then you just play around what ou want. Hence why there's several projects around pushing more on the Sandbox area to backup the repetitive gameplay.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Perhaps try a MOBA?

If that has no appeal then I join with those who recommended GW2. You'll get clickable items as loot that give you levels. Leveling is very fast. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• BarbieBoyBarbieBoy Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Are you open for mobile gaming. Nowadays game developers tend to migrate to mobile gaming. There is a lot of decent mobile games out there that doesn't require too much grinding. Like in Global MU Origin you only have to play 1-2 hrs a day to complete your daily quest and that's it. Also you can play it on PC using nox or bluestacks, just avoid mentioning to gm that you are using emulators because they don't advise to use emulators.
  • Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    GW2 for sure. You can literally make a character, go through the tutorial, and just play PvP to level up to 80 through tomes. If PvP is fun for you then give it a go.