Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoundBlasterX Giveaway #1! - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• mikezfmikezf Member UncommonPosts: 5
    My favorite mmo has to be World of Warcraft. I remember buying Wrath of the Lich King when I first began my trek into the world of mmos. The anticipation of getting into the game meeting new people and trying new things in such a large game was exciting to me. To this day I still love the anticipation of new expansions and new adventures in the world of Azeroth!
  • DhampirDhampir Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Everquest 1, It was the first MMO i ever played and i remember starting my first guild and having to send emails to everyone to just communicate. I played a warrior and remember playing over 12 hours straight just pulling mobs to my group over and over. Made some real good friends, but loss track of them over the years. There was not alot of competition with different MMO's back in those days, so there was a big server population until Dark age of Camelot and WoW came out. Wish i could capture that close guild group again, but real life doesnt give you the time.
    “Nothing is trivial.”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

“Sarah: "Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever...”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Anarchy Online is my all time favorite. I guess because it was my first mmo.  It was a very cool social experience as well which kept me playing during it's prime. I couldn't do anything without some sort of social connection to others.  Just waiting for a heckler team spot to open up was a social experience in itself. A line would literally form for active spots. I liked this game so much that I just overlooked it's so many glaring flaws. Death of the community was really hard to watch but inevitable.  Even the jerks in that game at that time were pretty friendly.  TBH they were only being jerks just to create content and start pvp engagements.  The gear system was the least restrictive that I would come to find out over the years. For the most part if you could get your stats up to equip something and maintain them to a certain degree. You could where and use that gear to it's full effect. I had such a great social experience in that game at least until the population completely tumbled.  What a shame but it was fun while it lasted.
  • Afro-ThunderAfro-Thunder Member UncommonPosts: 86
    SWTOR
    It has great immersive stories, and a bonus is immersive storyline of the ongoing development of the game...
  • jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726
    i really enjoyed everquest 2 for a few years, it had so much content and lots of friends were playing it as well. recently, i have lost interest, and i just havent been able to find any mmo that i can latch onto. what i would really like to see in the future is a warhammer 40k mmo, done right. (or a fps/tps version of starcraft mmo!)
  • BlotieBlotie Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Tabula Rasa!
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Currently WoW because I partly use MMO's to keep intouch with friends and family members who play so we can be social together even tho some of us are now thousands of miles apart. Many of that list of ppl are on WoW atm so that's where I am.
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • hololancehololance Member UncommonPosts: 1
    My favorite MMO is Aion. Aion for me is the most complete mmo game that i have played , combat system is so awesome cause you can fight in land or flying in the air, Classes also are so good particularly Healer class, which it can be healer or dps as you wish just changing the tree skills. Talking about graphic, to be a game of 2008 , its graphics is pretty awesome and landscape are beautiful, if i have to say something bad about it, is the fact that according to the story, they rip off katalam north and south which were great pvp maps!
  • AnweirAnweir Member UncommonPosts: 4
    For me personally, Star Wars TOR wins hands down. I love the intricate story lines. But really, my favorite is Guild Wars II. It's an awesome game and a great story line as well, but best of all, my adult daughter plays, and since she lives halfway across the country from me these days.... it's nice to spend some quality time with her, even if it is through voice chat and avatar.
  • goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    My favorite MMO was Everquest 2, between late 2006 and early 2008. It was during this time, the game saw a good expansion, followed by the greatest expansion to any game ever (Echoes of Faydwer). The community was great, the gameplay was fantastic and the content was unparalleled. All 24 classes were reasonably balanced with each other, usefull in group and raid play, and also unique and fun; a feat which has never been matched by any other game (or even by EQ2 since then).
  • MsDeathRabbitMsDeathRabbit Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I would have to say my favorite MMO would have to be Shadowbane. Between all the classes you could choose from and building of your own towns, with the threat of other guilds coming to take down your hard work was of great stress and A LOT of fun. Some pretty epic battles when on in that game. And the fact you could be a kick ass centuar or minotaur made things all the better. Miss that game so much.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Vendetta Online, for the physics-based combat that holds years of depth, the multiplatform support including virtual reality, the devoted devs and the awesome community.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568
    DAoC was lightning in a bottle. The tri-realm PvP, the fun PvE, the three unique realms rooted in real world mythology, and all their unique and fun classes. Sigh. I'd give anything for a true DAoC 2.
  • brieenbrieen Member UncommonPosts: 71
    I loved Ultima Online the fact that it was not item based and open PVP and full loot i am still trying to find a game that fills my heart like it did.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Brieen - UO,DAOC,WOW,SB,EQ,EQII,EVE,LOTR,D&D,Rift,FFXI and some others I dont care to list......

• bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221
    If I had a pick a favorite I would go with Asherons Call. Because they put so much thought into each and every aspect of the game and really set a foundation for games to come. Plus I had a ton of free time back then so I could play all I want -- which really helps in the world of MMOs
  • PogokittyPogokitty Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Although I've played wow the longest, Everquest is my favorite mmo of all time. The community and group play were amazing! Not only did you have to grind out levels and AA to hone your skills and class roles but you had to be a good team player so your rep was good on the server. Social and game play complexities at their best lol!
  • EbondevilEbondevil Member UncommonPosts: 5
    My favourite MMO has to be Anarchy Online, it's the first one I ever played and it shall always have a special place in my heart.
  • VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
    My favourite MMO is World Of Warcraft, started playing in 2005 met a lot of new people some even became in real life friends, never has an online game impacted my real life as big as World of warcraft in a positive way some people regret the time they put into an online game i find every second i spend there worth.
  • grumbagzgrumbagz Member UncommonPosts: 35
    My favorite MMORPG is Darkfall Online. The intense combat, pvp, sieges and immersive world mixed with full loot is perfect.
  • nameusernameuser Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Runescape, i lost my MMO virginity to it.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    WoW cause it keeps me coming back.
  • GrintchGrintch Member UncommonPosts: 132
    My favorite has to be SWG for the sheer immersion the star wars world gave you.
  • novakayne88novakayne88 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    lineage II was my fav, it had the most interesting story of any game ive played since, and was an all around solid game... it also had MSN messenger support so i could play and talk to friends back when MSN messenger was a thing
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Favorite MMO is definitely GW2 hands down.    No other game has brought together both traditional tab-target and action combat types so fluidly as GW2 has.  The pleasure of launching a fireball towards an enemy far in the back, only to hit the person standing in front of them because... real object collision.  Dodging, double-rolls, and all sorts of crazy tricks and tactics layered on top of the standard RPG numbers mechanics and dice rolls.  Skill playing a much more intricate role.

No other game has brought in once-in-a-lifetime events that Season #1 of the Living Story has.  That lava-encrusted statue at the bottom of the karka nest, I was there.  The attempted kidnapping of Queen Jenna by Scarlet Briar, I was there.  The creation and destruction of the Tower of Nightmares, I was there. Dragon Bash; the murder in Lion's Arch; the first toy revolt among Tixx's ship;  Mad King Thorn's sad ghost-told mystery reveal; the Molten Alliance; Aetherblade retreat; Lion's Arch's elections; I was there for it all.  All told as past events that can no longer unfold.  The only thing seemingly close to it in other games was WoW's TBC 'gate opening' event for their first expansion.   But these weren't expansion events.  They were live, in the game, over a small window of time that had a finite existence within the game before becoming memory.   That memory is key to what was so awesome about it.

B2W with a cash shop that is not P2W.  No monthly subscription required to keep up my account going even when deciding to take a 2 day, 3 week, 1 month, or 6 month extended break from the game.  The obligation to play is in the fun experiance, not an arbitrary necessity to fulfill "getting your money's worth".  The cash shop has become a cosmetic haven with utilitarian extras offered as well.  But with the gold-to-cash conversion it is entirely possible to buy whatever wanting from it with in-game currency.    

PvE, PvP, and world PvP (WvW) gives so many options for play style.  Not strictly restricted to one, the choice within the player to get their most enjoyment out of whatever section they deem fun.  And being split from each, PvE has no balance bearing on PvP.

Dreams of dancing giant robots trying to crush players under foot.  Need I say more?

• dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    My favourite MMO is Aion, but I don't play it anymore because I didn't like the way the have addressed the game, now I'm playing WoW and I'm having a lot of fun.
This discussion has been closed.