Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Members on my ignore list can still send me PMs?

VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
Hello there!

I put another forummember on my ignore-list a couple of month ago and it seemed to work as intended..as least i thought so, until i suddenly got a private message from him.
Is it perhaps a bug that people on ignore can still send messages to you?
Or does the ignore option only apply to forum postings?

Would be nice to get a quick clarification on that :)

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 7,313
    DMKano said:
    This is my question too. Please provide us with this information if you have any questions about this.  :)
    You do realize this was asked back in 2016 - lol
    whats more interesting is that poster acct was created 31 minutes ago has 1 post and is concerned about his ignore list ... Intersting Alt acct
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    i agree , but people do it all the time ..

MrMelGibson
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 6,296
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    This is my question too. Please provide us with this information if you have any questions about this.  :)
    whats more interesting is that poster acct was created 31 minutes ago has 1 post and is concerned about his ignore list ... Intersting Alt acct
    I think he's just a clever spammer who think we're interested in his signature links that look like they're advertising Iran flights.
    TorvalMrMelGibson

Vrika said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    I think he's just a clever spammer who think we're interested in his signature links that look like they're advertising Iran flights.
    saw that .. was scared to clk on it :)
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    i agree , but people do it all the time ..

Posters want to make their point "stronger" by employing alt accounts for support of their points.

It's a logical fallacy - Argumentum ad populum - appeal to the masses - when someone has a shite point, no matter how many people (or alt accounts) jump on the bandwagon - the point will still be shite

Back when I posted in VNboards (before IGN acquired them and it went to crap) - I remember mods exposing alt accounts - there was one guy who had these conversations with himself for pages and pages - pretending to be a guy flirting with this girl (who was his alt account) - cringe level 1000.

Ive seen that stuff going on also .. Yes cringe worthy is a good way of describing ...

It goes on here also , and it particularly goes on with giveaways here .. And should not be permitted ..
    [Deleted User]KyleranMrMelGibson
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Ok who let a snail post his slime tracks on the forum?

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• naziradnazirad Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    maybe you should report it in another email??

باشگاه بدنسازی
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    This place is so great now we get to see ad bots necro posts with the remnants of DMKano in them.
    blueturtle13

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

• remsleepremsleep Member UncommonPosts: 213
    edited June 28
    OP hasn't posted in years - I remember him trolling hard on this forum - I remember him and Suzie (i miss Suzie :( )used to get in heated exchanges. 

Heck at one point he changed his picture to the art of trolling meme... the thing is he was never all that good at it lol.

His last post was March 2017 - I guess he gave up his craft after all