Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is this?

CayllCayll Member UncommonPosts: 55
Can someone explain this game to me?

The concept sounds intriguing, but I'm confused as to what it is? Is it an adventure game with turn based combat? Or like Wasteland and XCOM. Or is it like Fallout?

It's pretty confusing, and I want to like it based on the art and the stuff I've been reading on their website, like the journal and stories on the forums.

Comments

• ooogyooogy Member CommonPosts: 37
    this is pathetic... this is #2 most anticipated game?   hahahahahah   is this some kind bad joke?
    pokrak
  • BetuorBetuor Member CommonPosts: 5
    Hey Cayll. Sorry nobody has responded to your post up until now. 

I'm a member of the dev team and I'd like to help but I've been almost exclusively working on the level design part of this game so I'm not the best person to be going over all of the different features. But, I can tell you some stuff.

This game started as a tabletop game and is being more or less ported to a video game.

This game has some roguelike elements. You make a character and head out into the world but when your character dies it dies. I know there's supposed to be some kind of element to help mitigate it but I'm not too sure about how all of that will work.

You can get companions but you don't fully control your companions. I pretty sure this is not how it works but I imagine it is something similar to how in Darkest Dungeon some of your people will sometimes do something on their own.

Also, there's a lot of information about the setting and the lore but I'm not sure if that has been all posted here yet. I do know it on the company's official website if you want to head over there and read some about it if you are interested in it.

That's really all I know / believe I am allowed to say. I hope this is information is helpful to you. Sorry nobody has gotten back to you sooner. I don't believe back when you posted really used this website that much but we are trying to be more on top of all of this now.

• CayllCayll Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Betuor said:

I'm a member of the dev team and I'd like to help but I've been almost exclusively working on the level design part of this game so I'm not the best person to be going over all of the different features. But, I can tell you some stuff.

This game started as a tabletop game and is being more or less ported to a video game.

This game has some roguelike elements. You make a character and head out into the world but when your character dies it dies. I know there's supposed to be some kind of element to help mitigate it but I'm not too sure about how all of that will work.

You can get companions but you don't fully control your companions. I pretty sure this is not how it works but I imagine it is something similar to how in Darkest Dungeon some of your people will sometimes do something on their own.

Also, there's a lot of information about the setting and the lore but I'm not sure if that has been all posted here yet. I do know it on the company's official website if you want to head over there and read some about it if you are interested in it.

That's really all I know / believe I am allowed to say. I hope this is information is helpful to you. Sorry nobody has gotten back to you sooner. I don't believe back when you posted really used this website that much but we are trying to be more on top of all of this now.

Wait, you're on the dev team and all you know is that you think it's like Darkest Dungeon, and that it has perma-death?!?!?!? So basically, you know the same as me and everyone else? Jesus, that's terrifying. Good luck with your game, but I'm out on this one. I'll spend my money a game with a dev team that actually knows what in the hell they are making. My God.......
    Mikeha
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 440
    Betuor said:

Is there a Table Top version in development? Or did it begin as a Table Top, but then morph into a video game?

As an avid board game player (Mage Knight and Twilight Imperium being my favs) I'm interested if there is an actual board game being developed. 
  • CayllCayll Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Betuor said:

Is there a Table Top version in development? Or did it begin as a Table Top, but then morph into a video game?

As an avid board game player (Mage Knight and Twilight Imperium being my favs) I'm interested if there is an actual board game being developed. 
    Honestly, I googled this when it first was being pimped on here, and all I could find was that it was some sort of card game that was designed but was never made. So I have no clue either.