Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ignore criticism

[Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Twitch : dren_utogi

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Xodic said:
    I would love to know what you're talking about, specifically.
    Same
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Xodic said:
    Albatroes said:
    Xodic said:
    Same

Drugs. Alcohol. ADHD.

Pick one.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Xodic said:
    Albatroes said:
    Xodic said:
    Same

Drugs. Alcohol. ADHD.

Pick one.

We don't care what the OP is on or has just what they are talking about :awesome:
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    I can understand the sentiment OP, but it seems a bit premature.  No one has played the game yet.

I'm sure most posters here understand and are wary of Brad's past and are waiting for concrete evidence that the game will be good before investing.

All I see are posters hoping Brad can pull it off and bring back some of that old school flavour to modern MMO's whilst still retaining a healthy dose of scepticism that Brad will be able to achieve his goals.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I won't spend one cent on this game or promote it in any way until I see what he produces and play it because we know his history and I'm sure that is a big obstacle for him to overcome.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Kefo said:
    Xodic said:
    Albatroes said:
    Xodic said:
    Same

Drugs. Alcohol. ADHD.

Pick one.

We don't care what the OP is on or has just what they are talking about :awesome:

The three things I mentioned will probably prevent you from ever finding out...=)

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Is there anything in particular they are ignoring?  Id love to hear what you think they are doing wrong with their game design.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited October 2016
    Xodic said:
    Albatroes said:
    Xodic said:
    Same

Drugs. Alcohol. ADHD.

Pick one.
      Nothing constructive of noting most likely.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    What are they ignoring? 
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    What are they ignoring? 
    My guess is the OP thinks they are ignoring all the modern MMO convience features.  Dungeon finders, quick travel, not building around a solo play style.  Creating specific classes not jack of all trade classes, etc, etc.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    goboygo said:
    What are they ignoring? 
    My guess is the OP thinks they are ignoring all the modern MMO convience features.  Dungeon finders, quick travel, not building around a solo play style.  Creating specific classes not jack of all trade classes, etc, etc.
    Well, they aren't ignoring quick travel. I think how they are doing it is that if you've been to the area before, then you can teleport there or something like that. And if you haven't, then you can have someone teleport you, incase you join a group that is already at a grind spot and they wont have to wait for you to get to them.
  • RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    edited October 2016
    Kyleran said:
    Xodic said:
    Albatroes said:
    Xodic said:
    Same

Drugs. Alcohol. ADHD.

Pick one.
      Nothing constructive of noting most likely.
    What?
    Where am I?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I chose to quit paying attention until they have something playable that i can actually test.
    God help them if they think i will pay to test their game,all these other f2p games and cash shop and EA and KS games can take a flying leap off a cliff.

If this game wants my respect,let us actually test it and be ready for feedback.MOST devs/publishers don't do REAL teesting because they have nothing in place for feedback because they really don't want feedback,they only care if you can connect so they can start making money.I HOPE...PRAY this game will be different.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I can say this much,as long i don't see any sign of Smedley i am ok.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    He probably means the trend around here is for the fanboi's to deflect/deny any issue regarding Brad, the kickstarter or the reality of Vanguard. Pantheon closed it's free forums shortly after the past team got shafted as a feeble attempt to bury their heads in the sand instead of properly addressing the much deserved criticism.

An unfortunate side effect is now the devs are only listening to feedback from players that are extremely bias, which can result in a nonsensical QA/beta where testing and feedback are replaced with excitement and praise.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    edited October 2016
    He probably means the trend around here is for the fanboi's to deflect/deny any issue regarding Brad, the kickstarter or the reality of Vanguard. Pantheon closed it's free forums shortly after the past team got shafted as a feeble attempt to bury their heads in the sand instead of properly addressing the much deserved criticism.

An unfortunate side effect is now the devs are only listening to feedback from players that are extremely bias, which can result in a nonsensical QA/beta where testing and feedback are replaced with excitement and praise.
    Devs read and interact with players in many places outside of the official forum, including here. If you actually spent half as much time reading the official forums as you do talking about it, you'd know the range of opinions there is massive, giving them a broad palette of feedback from which to consider while developing the game.

Official forums have also been private from the get-go. After being briefly open to the public, they were made private again due to unproductive trolling and personal attacks. There are plenty of places to rehash hearsay from former disgruntled Sigil employees or the failings of Vanguard without them trotting it out ceaselessly in a place people gather to discuss Pantheon.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Wizardry said:
    I chose to quit paying attention until they have something playable that i can actually test.
    God help them if they think i will pay to test their game,all these other f2p games and cash shop and EA and KS games can take a flying leap off a cliff.

If this game wants my respect,let us actually test it and be ready for feedback.MOST devs/publishers don't do REAL teesting because they have nothing in place for feedback because they really don't want feedback,they only care if you can connect so they can start making money.I HOPE...PRAY this game will be different.

I could understand your position. 

Last night I was browsing Steam and I came across a kickstarter sci-fi called Project Genom.  Sounds interesting enough.  It's $15.99 and released to the public in VERY crude shape.  Already theirs many Youtube reviews and game play footage.

A large portion of the world is set in this kickstarter.  For now players get to run and gun, that's about it !

My point while watching, I was thinking about Pantheon and the variation of quality kickstarters and mmos can be.  Like, Project Genom came out of no where. This gives me the feeling of "what will we really have with Pantheon"......How far along will this game be on release.  Will we wait two more years and only have a Project Genom ?

I understand the predicament Visionary Realms is in.  Their stuck between a rock and a hard place. They need money so they advertise early, yet it leaves a LOT of skepticism.

The only way to stand out is to release a TOTALLY DONE GAME.  

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Just like you did with Vanguard. We all know how that turned out.....
    Not learning from past mistakes will plague this development.
    i was one of the "vanguard fanboi's" when it was in development, believe me i learned from that mistake. but that doesn't mean i am not casually following this title, i just have zero expectations and hope i get pleasantly surprised.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I don't like the man behind this project and the way he uses ks money for his "medical bills" or anything else he did.

However OP, this is supposed to be a niche game and listening to the broad mass would ruin that idea.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited October 2016

Oh I can tell you from spending time in those forums (yes, I've backed it), not everyone in there is extremely bias. Not even close. There are all kinds of opinions represented. There's been many lively debates, bitter disagreements and borderline flame-wars between players with incompatible opinions over the whats, hows and whys of that game. Everything ranging from people basically wanting them to make it a WoW clone to those wanting it to be more harsh than even some of the 1st Gen MMOs.

They're all backing the same game, yes. But they do not all share the same views of where it should go or how it should be.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Another pathetic melodramatic thread from an someone who doesn't know what happens on the main forums. 

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Wizardry said:

And what makes you think they want or need Wizzys respect? Are you that special, dose your opinion mean that much to the devs.

The game will have a free trail so you don't have to lay out a penny. 
     You want to test it before the free trail then invest in it, if you can't bring yourself to do that then wait like everybody else. 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited October 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    incomprehensible requirements
    1. Dont build on solo play
    2. Dont have fast travel.  Instead, make travel interesting.  Have adventures while you are traveling to the area you are going to.  Your group will wait while you solo through the adventures you find on your way.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Interact and read until someone gets real and postinga critique of screenshots.  Now I'm unable to post replys to screenshots because someone couldn't handle my critique. The screen shot was rubbish, I pointed out why, an now I can't reply to any screenshot on this website because someone got butt hurt.

I remember when people pointed out things in Vanguard , really basic things like optimization /ban. 3d mesh clipping /ban , poor charcter model animation /ban , exploits /ban. 

Think the ability to post on some screenshots is just bugged. I say this because I was going to make fun of your remarks about the most random, completely subjective critique of a ruin on a snowy hill, but it wouldn't let me do so either.

This discussion has been closed.