Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why so much hate for SWTOR?

12345679»

Comments

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,773
    Loved the game when it first came out...even with the bugs. It got better as time went on. However, once I ran through all the story content with all the classes I only have "dailies" to run until fully bored. Ran "raids" with friends but those to became boring. Then they launched FTP. Played one month and quit.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,673
    At launch there was hate because the game was largely seen as a very very expensive WoW clone that had non meaningful choices, and was an extremely linear MMORPG. The story was good, and still is worth playing because of that, but from what I remember the main reason it cost so much was the voice acting. 

It also really didn't help that SWG was shut down a week before launch, so you had a lot of anger surrounding what happened to that game and the players were upset that they expected them to go to this game. 

As of right now though, it's not a bad game, just really feels like a product of the time. Animations and combat feel super stiff, but the story is fun to follow. 
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Also it's Star Wars. Everyone both loves and hates anything Star Wars. Even Star Wars fans hate all but like the first two films. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 226
    I like SWTOR as a single player game, as an MMO it struggles.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 3,601
    Same as Warhammer Online, had a rocky launch and that just sticks with people. 
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Starkiller233Starkiller233 Newbie CommonPosts: 12
    Pvp experience in this game is horrible. Elitist ranked players ask their developer friends to bann/block someone just for being bad and ruining their games in solo ranked. I was blocked without any reasons just because one swtor streamer organised a mass-report on me even though i haven't done anything against rules and there was no proofs of their claims. Disgusting pvp, i deleted my character, quited the game and deleted it completely. When i asked customer support why they blocked my pvp access they said nothing. They didn't even say any certain reason for the sanction. I guess this game was made just for some closed circles of players who are rulling it as they want