Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Albion Online beta extended into 2017

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
http://massivelyop.com/2016/10/08/albion-online-extends-its-beta-deep-into-2017/

Another one I'm quickly losing interest in after funding (at least I'm cheap about it).  I don't think I have the patience for early access.

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I just visited the forums, and they are dead.  A handful of posts a day.  I guess I'm not the only impatient one.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

I hear you, and I always tell myself that it's for the best that developers delay games to get them right.  Still, to me, the early access experience has been like watching water boil.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    One of those games to put on the back burner.  I really like it, but better they get it right.  It'll be forgotten by me for 6 months, then I'll look again.  I'm in no rush.  There is so much out and coming, that I've got plenty to keep me busy.

I self identify as a monkey.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    mgilbrtsn said:
    One of those games to put on the back burner.  I really like it, but better they get it right.  It'll be forgotten by me for 6 months, then I'll look again.  I'm in no rush.  There is so much out and coming, that I've got plenty to keep me busy.
    If all you enjoy playing is games just like this there really isnt much of anything like it coming out soon except perhaps D & L.

But for you folks with more flexible gaming tastes the view is different.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Cant bring myself to play it when there a wipe, was fun to try out but i cant put time in something that gonna go poof eventually.
    I was hopeing to play it soon but i doubt ill still be interested in it if they keep delaying it like this.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Kyleran said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    If all you enjoy playing is games just like this there really isnt much of anything like it coming out soon except perhaps D & L.

But for you folks with more flexible gaming tastes the view is different.
    I didn't mean specific like this.  I just meant a lot of new games that I'm kinda interested in.  Everything from Gloria Victis to Crowfall to the controversial ones such as SC and CoE. (I know).  In addition, I'm enjoying Overwatch and am looking forward to Battlefield 1.

I self identify as a monkey.

Oh man, this quote from one of the forum mods on the general forums:

"Over time, Sandbox Interactive had planned on various targets for possible release: Mid 2015, Late 2015, Spring 2016, End of 2016, and now in 2017. The most you could reasonably claim so far is 2 years of delays."
  • Chrisdan101Chrisdan101 Member CommonPosts: 7
    The developers are simply trying to polish the game to a level where players dont get bored after a few weeks of playing. They almost had it in Alpha but screwed up in Beta. The new update is going to be a giant step towards release. Im glad the developers didn't release the game as is and run off with the money. It could be worse than just a delayed release. Join the official forum. The developers explained exactly what they did to screw up and how they plan to fix asap. https://albiononline.com/?ref=BN1KYHKM2F
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    It only sucks because I'm looking so much forward to playing it.

2017 it is ;)  

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• RedsaltRedsalt Member UncommonPosts: 83
    I have been takeing a break from it, waiting for final release. This game will enter my rotation after final release.

Redsalt... the other salt.

• BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Better for a game to delay release than to end up like Archeage.
  • davidchenxdavidchenx Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I've been waiting for this game to come to a full release since the first time it announced it's 1st alpha but I'm not to rush into trying this like the last Diablo III disaster, I need to wait until two years later until it has a slightly better gameplay.