Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game worth buying?

2»

Comments

• MasoodVoonMasoodVoon Member UncommonPosts: 50
    If you enjoy quests with ironic and usually unpredictable stories (that can sometimes be a challenge) as well as GW2 style PVP (but better imo) this is the game for you. The crafting is somewhat different also. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited October 2016
    FishForce said:
    I think il start out as a Breton Templar healer as its my favorite role

That's a good choice. Templars are the best healers and Breton and Altmer the two best races for that.

From personal experience I suggest you start off focusing on offensive skills and then round out your healing a bit later on (level 10ish). And don't be afraid to use a healing staff also as your weapon even though it might seem redundant -- you get more bang for your buck from healing staff heals early on when you first start running dungeons. Also, strong attacks from healing staves restore more magicka than any other weapon... magicka restoration will be your biggest challenge as a healer.

And a quick tip I give all beginners:

Early in the game you'll have more abilities, morphs an passives you'll want to unlock than you have skill points for. At level 10 you'll unlock PVP in Cyrodiil. Even if you have no plans to ever PVP, there is a quick tutorial that takes less than 5 minutes in your own alliance's safe area of Cyrodiil that will reward you with two skill points... you'll want to do that.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• FishForceFishForce Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Iselin said:
    FishForce said:

That's a good choice. Templars are the best healers and Breton and Altmer the two best races for that.

From personal experience I suggest you start off focusing on offensive skills and then round out your healing a bit later on (level 10ish). And don't be afraid to use a healing staff also as your weapon even though it might seem redundant -- you get more bang for your buck from healing staff heals early on when you first start running dungeons. Also, strong attacks from healing staves restore more magicka than any other weapon... magicka restoration will be your biggest challenge as a healer.

Early in the game you'll have more abilities, morphs an passives you'll want to unlock than you have skill points for. At level 10 you'll unlock PVP in Cyrodiil. Even if you have no plans to ever PVP, there is a quick tutorial that takes less than 5 minutes in your own alliance's safe area of Cyrodiil that will reward you with two skill points... you'll want to do that.
    Sould i spend all my skillpoints on magicka? Or some on other stats aswell? Im realy a noob...
    i also picked up some spear spell and a fireball spell 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited October 2016
    FishForce said:
    Iselin said:
    FishForce said:

Sould i spend all my skillpoints on magicka? Or some on other stats aswell? Im realy a noob...
    i also picked up some spear spell and a fireball spell 
    While leveling a magicka build, I'm in the habit of putting points in magicka and health in a 4:1 ratio... some people do put it all into magicka but I find those few points in health help you survive boss attacks that you don't dodge or block a bit better.

The two most useful Templar DPS skills early on are Puncturing Strike morphed to Puncturing Sweep for the self heal, and Sun Fire morphed to Reflective Light - the 3 target variant.

Both of those hit multiple targets which, IMO, is the key to solo leveling (and useful in dungeon trash packs.) Going against single targets - even the stronger ones like trolls or delve mini-bosses, is pretty easy even if the the strong ones take a little while. What gets you in trouble is trying to mow down packs of 3 or more using single target skills.

For single target and also as a good opener because it buffs your subsequent attack by 20% is Solar Flare. That one I don't morph into the point blank AOE variant because it does a lot less damage and loses its range. You can actually just leave that one unmorphed since the other morph is a healing debuff useful mostly in PVP.

As a healer you'll also want to eventually get Spear Shards (this one comes much, much later - when you're in your late 30's.) This is a ranged AOE that also restores stamina and magicka for any of your group mates who picks up the spear. This is one of the things that sets Templar Healers apart from other healers who don't have similar buffs - very useful in prolonged boss fights.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited October 2016
    I would unreservedly say Yes, definitely worth buying. Zenimax is doing a great job with it, and they've created a world with an amount of depth (in all aspects) that seems to be increasingly rare in the genre these days, where most devs are in a race to see whose MMO can be the most streamlined and simplified.

ESO is one of the few titles on the market right now that I feel actually deserves to be called a MMORPG - even if a lot of the content tends to be solo-focused. They've managed to capture the Elder Scrolls feel more and more over time. 

I've come back recently after some time away, and I'm having a blast.  I joined the Dark Brotherhood today on my baby Dunmer Assassin and it's been glorious so far.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited October 2016
    FishForce said:
    I own a Playstation 4 and all i want to know is this game worth my money and time?

What i like in mmo's is:
    -Challenging Dungeons
    -Great looking Armor and difrent Armors (very important for me)
    -Fun and immersive quests
    -Great Community
    -Beautiful graphics
    -Playing together whit others

What i don't like in mmo's is:
    -Player versus player
    -Boring quests
    -If the game gets to easy (Like Star wars the old republic now)

Is this game worth my time?
    even if i never played an Elders scroll game before?

It has all the things you like. When it comes to community, find a good guild since the console version doesnt have keyboard chat (i think its only voip, unless they added a chatbox). If you decide to buy the game on PS4 i suggest getting the ESO gold edition that comes with a free mount and all 4 major DLCs. I think it currently goes for $40 bucks on amazon. Its a much better deal than getting a cheap standard version then getting all story DLC separately.