Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game worth buying?

FishForceFishForce Member UncommonPosts: 60
I own a Playstation 4 and all i want to know is this game worth my money and time?

What i like in mmo's is:
-Challenging Dungeons
-Great looking Armor and difrent Armors (very important for me)
-Fun and immersive quests
-Great Community
-Beautiful graphics
-Playing together whit others

What i don't like in mmo's is:
-Player versus player
-Boring quests
-If the game gets to easy (Like Star wars the old republic now)

Is this game worth my time?
even if i never played an Elders scroll game before?

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Overall the game is really good. It has some issues but what MMO doesnt. As far as ps4 options go its a solid game.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Well, to be honest, as far as themepark MMOs go...its my 2nd favorite right after WoW.

Except...any time I played ESO. It would make me want to play my modded Skyrim. So 30 minutes to 60 minutes of playing, I went instead to play Skyrim lol. So realizing I barely played the game, and kept going back to Skyrim, I stopped playing.

But it is pretty good for a themepark MMO. The most immersive one next to LOTRO

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited October 2016
    It's good and I think you'll especially like it since you haven't played any other ES games. You won't be prone to the expectations of previous games, which ESO is often criticised for. That said, ESO is it's own thing. There's loads of content for the buy in price and context is brought to everything you do due to the voice acting.

I'd get it on PC if you can though. It's better on PC IMO. It's fine on PS4 but the higher resolutions and add ons make the PC version far superior. I have it on both PS4 and PC.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • FishForceFishForce Member UncommonPosts: 60
    edited October 2016
    I'd get it on PC if you can though. It's better on PC IMO. It's fine on PS4 but the higher resolutions and add ons make the PC version far superior. I have it on both PS4 and PC.
    Would love to get is on PC, but my pc is to old to run it smootly. It has a 260GTX card in it.
    So i have to go whit my Playstation.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited October 2016
    FishForce said:
    Would love to get is on PC, but my pc is to old to run it smootly. It has a 260GTX card in it.
    So i have to go whit my Playstation.
    Well, it's still great on PS4.

I think the only place the game is lacking in on your list is the armor, but only at first. It takes a long time to start getting the more varied armor skins but there are tons of them once you get to that point. They are very faithful to elder scrolls games though so there's no giant shoulders or anything like that. The armor dye system is excellent though with a great randomize feature. You can take a look for yourself: http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    ESO is awesome!  Armor and crafting is the best of all mmorpg games.  Questing is fun, stories/lore are great and it is VERY immersive.  You will love it.

Sz  :)
  • BisloboBislobo Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Solid game
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Great Game , i think you will like it
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    FishForce said:
    I own a Playstation 4 and all i want to know is this game worth my money and time?

What i like in mmo's is:
    -Challenging Dungeons
    -Great Community
    -Beautiful graphics

-Player versus player
    -Boring quests

Here is an example of some of the armor styles, there is quite a variety (this is just the crafted heavy armor, but the site also has examples of other gear): http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/blacksmithing-by-style/#

I think its a great game, worth buying.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Its only gonna get better once One Tameriel goes live. I'd recommend.
    I heard a lot of negative reviews at launch.
    Has the game improved a lot? 
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    FishForce said:
    I liked it at launch, but yes it has improved since then. 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    FishForce said:
    The launch of ESO was some of the most fun I've had in gaming. Yes, it has gotten better.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    FishForce said:

What i like in mmo's is:
    -Challenging Dungeons
    -Great Community
    -Beautiful graphics

-Player versus player
    -Boring quests

Do yourself a favour and play one of the single player elder scrolls games like skyrim first. This game is nothing like the single player games. 

Skyrim with mods is coming to the PS4 very soon. 

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited October 2016
    Albatroes said:
    Its only gonna get better once One Tameriel goes live. I'd recommend.
    How is it any better lol, I've played all three faction content . It's not as if there is new areas coming with OT. New armour and fluff don't mean shit if you have to play through the same tedious quests again. 

What mmo is most compairable to ESO?
    And is the gold edition worth it? Or sould i buy normal version first?
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    been playing it since beta, honestly i enjoy it a lot. they just released one tamriel allowing you to level in any pve zone you wish seeing how they scale with you so you will never one shot enemies and never out lvl quests.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    FishForce said:
    What mmo is most compairable to ESO?
    And is the gold edition worth it? Or sould i buy normal version first?
    Gold edition is a good deal. It has 4 DLC included that add some of the best quests and areas of the game. You get the Thieves' and Dark Brotherhood Guilds (and two zones) and quest lines and Orsinium is a large zone with a lot of Orc-related lore and quests. It also adds the Imperial CIty but that's mostly a PVP thing (although it does also add two very good dungeons that you can port directly to without PVP)

Also, in case you're not aware, ESO just went through a huge change last week on the PC (and coming to PS4 and XB1 next week) that lets you go anywhere in any order you want.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    FishForce said:

What i like in mmo's is:
    -Challenging Dungeons
    -Great Community
    -Beautiful graphics

-Player versus player
    -Boring quests

Do yourself a favour and play one of the single player elder scrolls games like skyrim first. This game is nothing like the single player games. 

And there you have it in black and white, OP. The root of the more subjective criticism the game has gotten for two years: it isn't a single player Elder Scrolls game... the "online" part of the title should be a clue :)

If you ignore that bit and just think of it as an MMO, it's a damn good MMO.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    edited October 2016
    Nearly all games are worth buying from a cost stand point, their literally dirt cheap.

The question is can you afford to buy computer games or not?  I dont think anyone will be able to tell you if its worth it to you or not.

Is it a good game?  I think so.
    Post edited by goboygo on
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Iselin said:
    FishForce said:

What i like in mmo's is:
    -Challenging Dungeons
    -Great Community
    -Beautiful graphics

-Player versus player
    -Boring quests

And there you have it in black and white, OP. The root of the more subjective criticism the game has gotten for two years: it isn't a single player Elder Scrolls game... the "online" part of the title should be a clue :)

If you ignore that bit and just think of it as an MMO, it's a damn good MMO.
    I personally think it is a better TES experience than Oblivion and Skyrim..
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I have been looking for a good MMO since SWG shut down and I have found it in ESO. The quests grab you and draw you in and the crafting is really good for a change. It's definitely worth a try. With no monthly sub, you have nothing to lose except the initial buy.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    I would have said yes this is a great game, but since they have went the route of adding gambling boxes to the game I just can't say that anymore.  The gameplay itself isn't bad and the main story lines are great.  PVP can be a mess from lag and other problems that still haven't been worked out that well.  Even the cash shop wasn't to bad.  If you saw a cosmetic you wanted or mount you could just go buy it and have it that day.   Now they will lock that cosmetic you wanted in a lock box instead of just offering it and you will most likely spend 4 times what you would have before if not more.  They have stated already that there will be gambling box only items.  That is the part that pushed me away.  Also this is more of a solo play game than a multi-player, there were tons of problems questing together but a lot of that has been worked on but still some problems here or there.   With the lastest patch you can go anywhere at any time. 

This was a game I was subbed to, mostly for the crafting bag, as that is the best item in the game for me.  But since I vote with my wallet I dropped my sub and want be subbing or most likely playing anymore due to the gambling boxes.  Just can't support that in gaming.
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for all the comments...

I think il get the gold version since i have no intention of paying a fee.
    I hope this game wil get me more hooked then Neverwinter and the Old Republic
    Old Replublic is just an way to easy game.  And Neverwinter did not get me hooked for more then a week.

I think il start out as a Breton Templar healer as its my favorite role
    Hope this game will live up to my exspectation and will last for a long time.