Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft surpasses 10M subscribers once again

FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
Found this on neogaf:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1289030

"From an interview with Tom Chilton in the Polish magazine "Pixel"."

You peaked at 12m users. At the end of 2015 it was only 5.5m and then Blizzard just stopped releasing the statistics. Could you tell me approximately how many users are paid subscribers right now?

Currently, it's around 10.1m. You know, it's difficult to say what the future will bring. We have an internal competitor - Overwatch but it's possible it'll get even higher than 12mil. There are plenty of potential takers and there are over 100mil WoW accounts.

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,017
    Still waiting for a more official source. The fact that the only reference to it was from an article in some Polish magazine is a little odd.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Shocking, best game always brings them back.

• HawksterHawkster Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Wait til the shine wears off Legion (which, from what I hear is happening) then see what the numbers look like.

Just like every game? no shit

will still trump anything on the market.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Soki123 said:
    I feel like that's an insult in America these days. /zing

Soki123 said:
    I feel like that's an insult in America these days. /zing

Ya, I ll agree, trump , ugh, what a mess of a possible president.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    They only make enough money for 3-4 mil subscribers.  
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,698

Polygon reached out to Blizzard directly this afternoon to confirm the number, and the publisher revealed that it "was a misquote or some kind of misunderstanding on the part of the journalist." Blizzard neither confirmed nor denied whether 10.1 million is the actual subscriber number at the moment but simply reiterated that it’s not planning to provide subscriber numbers any more.

"Our policy for almost a year now is that we do not talk about subscriber numbers, and Tom did not do that with this publication," a Blizzard representative told Polygon.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/4/13167592/world-of-warcraft-legion-subscriber-numbers-10-million

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• OfficerFriendlyEQ2OfficerFriendlyEQ2 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Yall need to ask yourself this one question....why would Blizzard shoot down this good publicity?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126