Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon Games' New World is a 17th Century Paranormal MMO - MMORPG.com News

1235789

Comments

  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 8,780
    Nanfoodle said:
    Still does not change the fact your mocking someone for their moral stance is no different then shaming someone for the religion, race or any other life style they pick.
    Meh, sometimes people should be made to account for their choices and some choices are worth mocking. 

    I'm not saying this is one of those situations (certainly not for mocking publicly) but, for example, I always take on hippies and vegans when I come across them, question their beliefs and lifestyle choices. 
    IMO, only when they cause others harm and questioning is never wrong. 
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    This could be interesting.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,517
    Looks like another lame open world pvp game that will fail.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Iselin said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:
    Too early to get excited (hold on to your "Best of Show" award for a bit... at least until it's seen in a show :) ) although I have to say, it is nice to see a Western megabucks corporation willing to roll the dice on an MMO. Need more details.

    And BTW, kudos to you guys for your side trip into religion and morality courtesy of the letter "M"... very imaginative of you adding nudity and brothels to the game all in your heads.


    Funny we live in a world where you are told to embrace people of all color, religion, creed, background and sexual orientation. But someone says their morals wont allow them to play a M rated game and they get dozens of people giving them LOL tags and straight up mocking them for it. Sad.
    Well it is a pretty dumb thing to do to jump to conclusions about nudity specifically based on an "M" rating. ESO is an "M" rated MMO and it has one of the most prudish, character, armor and costume designs in any modern MMO nor does it use excessive blood and gore anywhere... come to think of it I'm still not sure why it got an "M" instead of a "T"

    Religion is not a reason to mock someone, jumping to conclusions prematurely based on an "M" rating is.
    I wont play M rated games. My morality and family values keeps me away from that type of game. I dont think Im better then people that play M rated games, its just my lifestyle choice. People find out new games do not have the features they are looking for post they are upset because _______. But if I jump in and say to bad, was looking forward to a new MMO made by a triple A studio. To bad its M rated, thats too far, too much or as you called me, dumb? Cuse I am disappointed they are shooting for an M rated game. Its a pass for me and my family.  
    I also know for a fact that you played ESO despite its M rating and only left it because you didn't like the instancing and phasing, that didn't allow you to play together with your wife as much as you wanted.

    How do you square that with "I wont play M rated games. My morality and family values keeps me away from that type of game"?
    I had played every TES game up till they jumped to M rated, have not played them since. I still replay the older TES games. As a huge fan I did get tempted and did play that ESO a M rated game because of the love I had for the series I grew up with as a kid. I am only human. Just had so many things I liked about it. Still does not change the fact your mocking someone for their moral stance is no different then shaming someone for the religion, race or any other life style they pick.
    Well, did you find anything in it that made you think that M was warranted? I've been playing it for 2.5 years and I still have no clue what it did to deserve that arbitrary "M" in someone's opinion.

    Being offended because of something that you specifically believe shouldn't be in a game is one thing. Trusting someone else's M is a whole different thing... Thomas was always by far my favorite disciple :)

    And yeah, we're all only human... censors that screw-up ratings included.
    I guess you missed the part where you get drunk and do unspeakable things to a cat.  Then there is a quest where you can sleep with someone.  But other then that I haven't found anything that would require a PG rated sexuality.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,554
    filmoret said:
    Iselin said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:
    Too early to get excited (hold on to your "Best of Show" award for a bit... at least until it's seen in a show :) ) although I have to say, it is nice to see a Western megabucks corporation willing to roll the dice on an MMO. Need more details.

    And BTW, kudos to you guys for your side trip into religion and morality courtesy of the letter "M"... very imaginative of you adding nudity and brothels to the game all in your heads.


    Funny we live in a world where you are told to embrace people of all color, religion, creed, background and sexual orientation. But someone says their morals wont allow them to play a M rated game and they get dozens of people giving them LOL tags and straight up mocking them for it. Sad.
    Well it is a pretty dumb thing to do to jump to conclusions about nudity specifically based on an "M" rating. ESO is an "M" rated MMO and it has one of the most prudish, character, armor and costume designs in any modern MMO nor does it use excessive blood and gore anywhere... come to think of it I'm still not sure why it got an "M" instead of a "T"

    Religion is not a reason to mock someone, jumping to conclusions prematurely based on an "M" rating is.
    I wont play M rated games. My morality and family values keeps me away from that type of game. I dont think Im better then people that play M rated games, its just my lifestyle choice. People find out new games do not have the features they are looking for post they are upset because _______. But if I jump in and say to bad, was looking forward to a new MMO made by a triple A studio. To bad its M rated, thats too far, too much or as you called me, dumb? Cuse I am disappointed they are shooting for an M rated game. Its a pass for me and my family.  
    I also know for a fact that you played ESO despite its M rating and only left it because you didn't like the instancing and phasing, that didn't allow you to play together with your wife as much as you wanted.

    How do you square that with "I wont play M rated games. My morality and family values keeps me away from that type of game"?
    I had played every TES game up till they jumped to M rated, have not played them since. I still replay the older TES games. As a huge fan I did get tempted and did play that ESO a M rated game because of the love I had for the series I grew up with as a kid. I am only human. Just had so many things I liked about it. Still does not change the fact your mocking someone for their moral stance is no different then shaming someone for the religion, race or any other life style they pick.
    Well, did you find anything in it that made you think that M was warranted? I've been playing it for 2.5 years and I still have no clue what it did to deserve that arbitrary "M" in someone's opinion.

    Being offended because of something that you specifically believe shouldn't be in a game is one thing. Trusting someone else's M is a whole different thing... Thomas was always by far my favorite disciple :)

    And yeah, we're all only human... censors that screw-up ratings included.
    I guess you missed the part where you get drunk and do unspeakable things to a cat.  Then there is a quest where you can sleep with someone.  But other then that I haven't found anything that would require a PG rated sexuality.
    Yeah. Can't say I've seen either of those lol.


    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

    "... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,829
    edited September 2016


    Sandbox!



    Great! Now define what a "Sandbox" MMO is. Before I even hint at raising an eyebrow and some so called sandbox, I want to see the monetization model. To me it's not a sandbox without a player driven economy. And if it has RMT, it doesn't have a player driven economy.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,779
    edited September 2016
    Nanfoodle said:
    Still does not change the fact your mocking someone for their moral stance is no different then shaming someone for the religion, race or any other life style they pick.
    Meh, sometimes people should be made to account for their choices and some choices are worth mocking. 

    I'm not saying this is one of those situations (certainly not for mocking publicly) but, for example, I always take on hippies and vegans when I come across them, question their beliefs and lifestyle choices. 
    Yeah but they could also take on yours. I mean, you play video games. There's an /end thread if I ever saw one. (edit: obviously, myself as well)

    I find that everyone can be mocked for something they like and there is always a person out there who will question your decisions. Therefore I don't really believe anyone should be attacked for their decisions.
    Post edited by Sovrath on
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,435
    edited September 2016
    The Secret World, is another example of an M game, that I have no reason why it is

    maybe just cause the Illuminati say so

  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,065
    I guess it is not a surprise considering all the Arenanet devs they were scooping...

    Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

  • JermzyJermzy Member UncommonPosts: 211
    murderous player bandit incoming....
    Haroo!
  • Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Well its got my interest. Amazon has been a pretty decent company to me overall... they even offer a lot of their apps as RMT free to Prime members so thats a good sign (to me) for an MMO (pay a flat fee, get everything). I wouldnt get too excited until there is more info though.
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 502

    Jyiiga said:

    Well glad to see someone with a fuck ton of money is willing to give the sandbox MMO another go.



    Exactly. It may be just what the sandbox subgenre always needed.

    Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 8,780
    XAleX360 said:

    Jyiiga said:

    Well glad to see someone with a fuck ton of money is willing to give the sandbox MMO another go.



    Exactly. It may be just what the sandbox subgenre always needed.
    Will be interesting to see what Amazon thinks is Sandbox. 
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,435
    edited September 2016
    Nanfoodle said:
    XAleX360 said:

    Jyiiga said:

    Well glad to see someone with a fuck ton of money is willing to give the sandbox MMO another go.



    Exactly. It may be just what the sandbox subgenre always needed.
    Will be interesting to see what Amazon thinks is Sandbox. 

  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,905
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member LegendaryPosts: 7,240
    I just heard from the grape vine it's OWPVP full loot.

    image
    You forgot to mention Sean Murray is the lead developer.

  • Mouloxtos85Mouloxtos85 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    The period of the game set in 17th century is really nice and it picks my interest.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    The period of the game set in 17th century is really nice and it picks my interest.
    yeah I have to admit I find American Frontier era far more interesting as an MMO concept

    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,316
    Interesting. On a lot of levels really.

    If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Well this is far more promising than the list of indie crowdfunded trash that has been limping along lately. I hope the sandbox game does well for sure. 
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,214
    Will people who subscribe to Amazon Prime get access to this game?
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,214



    Albatroes said:




    Albatroes said:


    TheFunky1 said:

    It may have to do with language or scantily clad women, but I can never see how those things are worse than playing with magic and killing others non-consensually so maybe there is more to it.


    You suggest that, but he's playing wow......





    Naw, WoW doesnt bother me much. I just ignore those few people who dress like that.


    Well I highly doubt the game will have actual nudity in it like say something like AoC. It could go the B&S route and just have suggestive themes. With that in mind and since you say you can easily avoid types that engage in those types of visuals, I dont really see a conflict.

    It depends on the extent of the nudity and suggestiveness. Its highly subjective. If I get a bad feeling about some game, I dont play. I wont play many games for these reasons. If a game becomes a source of temptation, I will avoid it. I love the LORD and I keep His commandments, even in my gaming life.

    Some other things dont bother me. PvP for instance. I love PvP.



    Which commandant is against nudity? Also if virtual nudity breaks the 10c, then why not virtual killing in PvP?
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,214


    Another game I was excited for is called Gloria Victis but I found out it has brothels in it. No way will I play it, now. I have high moral standards and I will not tolerate something that is sinful. Heaven is my destination, and Jesus is getting me there! :)



    Are you sure you don't troll? What kind of morality says that consensual sex is wrong but killing is acceptable?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,325
    edited September 2016
    I believe we're a little too hung up on an individual's perspective to play or not. If the individual chose to believe in a goat, that's honestly the individual's right to do so, regardless of the views we have about it. Plus, I'd rather not see this thread get locked like most threads that start to go into politics/religion tend to do. So lets focus on the game.

    More on topic, they should've had more information/footage ready yesterday on New World at the very least since they had to know that one would pull in the most attention (yes, I know the hashtag etc said breakaway, but still).
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,506
    well, well, well, so here we go, first "iteration" of the secret world, eh? :)

    not the worst move, after all TSW had some nice values... if you ignored the combat.

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Sign In or Register to comment.