Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forza Horizon 3: Open World Looks Amazing

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Comments

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Wow. Very impressive.

If I didn't have so many damn games I'm into at the moment I would have already bought this one. Thanks for sharing.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited September 2016
    Cool it's like Test Drive Unlimited, only you can get out of your car. You can also play this game in the big leagues now with full driver simulator controls.
    Definitely the place to drive a Konegsegg. On a dirt road in the Australian Bush.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Certainly looks like a good game and I could do with a new racer. 

I've never played any of the Forza games so not really sure on their focus. Are they quite sim-like, or arcadey? Or somewhere in the middle? I'm mostly a fan of the arcade-style racers like Burnout, destruction derbies etc but there are some middle-grounds that I enjoy. I really loved the GRiD series from codemasters (despite weak career / meta systems, the actual racing was fun) but found NFS: Hot Pursuit just a little bit too boring.

I'm assuming from all the trucks / jumps etc that this is more arcadey?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Certainly looks like a good game and I could do with a new racer. 

I've never played any of the Forza games so not really sure on their focus. Are they quite sim-like, or arcadey? Or somewhere in the middle? I'm mostly a fan of the arcade-style racers like Burnout, destruction derbies etc but there are some middle-grounds that I enjoy. I really loved the GRiD series from codemasters (despite weak career / meta systems, the actual racing was fun) but found NFS: Hot Pursuit just a little bit too boring.

I'm assuming from all the trucks / jumps etc that this is more arcadey?
    Kind of a mix with it leaning more towards the arcadey. The game is a big open world unlike many sim racers or even Forza 6.
    The 'Horizon' series of Forza games are all about the big open expanses, playing with friends and enjoying the freedom. Very fun series. 
    Thanks for the quick response @blueturtle13

How does the open world stuff really work? I've played a few racing games with large open worlds but not been impressed by many. 

NFS Underground 2 - The open world worked relatively nicely here as exploring rewarded you when you found new garages and paint shops, but after you'd found them all the open world became pointless - just use the menu to get to the races you want. 

Fuel - Game in general was a massive let-down, primarily due to shoddy AI. However, the open world was again mostly pointless, you could collect some extra fuel barrels and unlock some new skins but otherwise no point. Did look nice though!

Burnout Paradise - Bought in a bundle and not spent much time playing, but got annoyed that it took so long to drive from one event to the next. Think in the first hour of gameplay I only did 3 or 4 races, despite races only being a few minutes long.