Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which of these singleplayer games should I play?

2»

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited September 2016
    I just bought Dragons Dogma on Humble Bundle there is a sale it is 17.99 Euros hurry and go get it OP if you want it.

I not entirely sure I can play it since action games and I hate each other and I am so terrible at it it is embarrassing. I hope I can at least play this to some extent and not give up entirely. I am always afraid of games like this and I'm in constant envy of those who can play these types of games.

Sean would throw a fit since he keeps harping about buying PC games we already own on the PS3 and I have Dragon's Dogma on the PS3 which I have even less hope of playing since controllers and I are deadly enemies. Playing Heavy Rain was so hard for me but what an awesome game. I hope I did not screw things up too much by not using the controller correctly. I felt so bad for the little kid in the park when I kept botching up all the games I played with him. I kept wondering if I had been better at the controller if I could have saved Jason.
    Chamber of Chains
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    cheyane said:
    I just bought Dragons Dogma on Humble Bundle there is a sale it is 17.99 Euros hurry and go get it OP if you want it.

I not entirely sure I can play it since action games and I hate each other and I am so terrible at it it is embarrassing. I hope I can at least play this to some extent and not give up entirely. I am always afraid of games like this and I'm in constant envy of those who can play these types of games.

Some classes are twitchier than others. Try playing as a Mage with a tanky fighter main pawn and when you can select an advanced class turn your mage into a Magick Archer.

Playing from range is a bit more laid back. BTW, I played it using mouse and KB just fine.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Bloodaxes said:
    Dragon's Dogma has it's own flaws too so I'll just list some so you are warned.

1 - The AI aka pawns can be thought how they behave in combat which is very cool. That however means that people that have no idea about this just have their pawns with random behaviours. You could have an archer that goes melee for example. If you hire a pawn and you see him being retarded, that is why.

2 - Until you start buying ferrystones you will be walking back and forth a lot! That for me wasn't a bad thing but it could be for you? I don't know.

3 - There is a specific boss that you will encounter randomly deep in the endgame island mentioned in a post above that will frustrate you a lot. I won't say why or it's name if you'd wish no spoilers but it's quite cheap and annoying.

4 - The storyline is not that great but it works enough I guess.

5 - There's a weight limit on each character and when you create your character, each modification from height to muscles adds/remove to this weight limit. While a very interesting idea, you will often be over encumbered if you loot everything you see. You will need to loot everything you see tough if you want to upgrade your gear/weapons. The alternative is to use mods which are supported.

6 - You might stumble on some pawns that look ridiculous or talk way too much. This can be lessened on your own pawn but some people love to troll.

7 - It's a ps3 port so if you intend to play it on pc graphics aren't the greatest but they aren't terrible either.

With that said it's one of the best rpgs I've ever played with one of the best combat systems there is. Sure melee roles are underpowered in the end game due most enemies being weak to only magic but I still used strider and it's one of the best classes in the game unless you go the hybrid route (The mage/archer or mage/fighter). Mages can buff allies with elemental damage so you can still be a melee fighter.
    @2 With the Dark Arisen version (the main one available now) and only one on PC, you get an eternal ferrystone, no more of that searching high and low for stones to travel :).

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

@Iselin thanks ,I will do exactly that.
    Chamber of Chains
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The only games in the list i would recommend personally are DA:I and This War of Mine, other than that ahead of both those games i would also recommend Dragons Dogma wholeheartedly, its a game you won't realise you missed playing, until you play it. B)
    Just be sure to set aside a week or so, its kind of addictive. :p
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Distopia said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    Dragon's Dogma has it's own flaws too so I'll just list some so you are warned.

1 - The AI aka pawns can be thought how they behave in combat which is very cool. That however means that people that have no idea about this just have their pawns with random behaviours. You could have an archer that goes melee for example. If you hire a pawn and you see him being retarded, that is why.

2 - Until you start buying ferrystones you will be walking back and forth a lot! That for me wasn't a bad thing but it could be for you? I don't know.

3 - There is a specific boss that you will encounter randomly deep in the endgame island mentioned in a post above that will frustrate you a lot. I won't say why or it's name if you'd wish no spoilers but it's quite cheap and annoying.

4 - The storyline is not that great but it works enough I guess.

5 - There's a weight limit on each character and when you create your character, each modification from height to muscles adds/remove to this weight limit. While a very interesting idea, you will often be over encumbered if you loot everything you see. You will need to loot everything you see tough if you want to upgrade your gear/weapons. The alternative is to use mods which are supported.

6 - You might stumble on some pawns that look ridiculous or talk way too much. This can be lessened on your own pawn but some people love to troll.

7 - It's a ps3 port so if you intend to play it on pc graphics aren't the greatest but they aren't terrible either.

With that said it's one of the best rpgs I've ever played with one of the best combat systems there is. Sure melee roles are underpowered in the end game due most enemies being weak to only magic but I still used strider and it's one of the best classes in the game unless you go the hybrid route (The mage/archer or mage/fighter). Mages can buff allies with elemental damage so you can still be a melee fighter.
    @2 With the Dark Arisen version (the main one available now) and only one on PC, you get an eternal ferrystone, no more of that searching high and low for stones to travel :).

Yeah I have the pc version but I don't know exactly when you get the eternal ferrystone but it surely wasn't at the start of the game. 

The first time you go to the area where you fight the griffon then having another quest to go back there later in the game it sure was annoying. 

Still great game tough.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Bloodaxes said:
    Yeah I have the pc version but I don't know exactly when you get the eternal ferrystone but it surely wasn't at the start of the game. 

The first time you go to the area where you fight the griffon then having another quest to go back there later in the game it sure was annoying. 

Still great game tough.
    As I recall, you get it once you arrive at the main city which, for several reasons, you should get to relatively quickly. I found it best to just follow the main quest in linear fashion until you get there. After that you can just go explore and do side quests all you want.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited September 2016
    Bloodaxes said:

Still great game tough.
    You get it as soon as the main game starts it's in your item storage at any inn or camp. Along with a bunch of outfits as well as crafting supplies. 

You don't have to get the DLCs I hope for the outfits and eternal ferrystone ?
    Chamber of Chains
    Distopia said:
    Bloodaxes said:

Still great game tough.
    You get it as soon as the main game starts it's in your item storage at any inn or camp. Along with a bunch of outfits as well as crafting supplies. 
    That must be why I missed it.

There so much shit in this game I just blindly tap the button to deposit everything xD

cheyane said:
    The pc version has the dlc included with it.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Dragon Dogma : Dark Aresin. 

Underrated game but perhaps because it was originally just on the PS3.

Dark Souls 1 or 3 not 2.

The Witched 3.

cheyane said:
    Nope all DLC is included with Dark Arisen. 

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I have a couple of friends who are Fallout 4 fiends.  If they're any indication, it might be worth a go.

I self identify as a monkey.

Bloodaxes said:
    Distopia said:
    Bloodaxes said:

Still great game tough.
    That must be why I missed it.

There so much shit in this game I just blindly tap the button to deposit everything xD
    Haha yeah there is an issue with just having too much loot/junk.